Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Speaking of which, my coffee holders looks like this:

5-SPURS_Armrest.jpg

I would never put there any liquid stuff.
And the shifting is much more comfortable.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Speaking of which, my coffee holders looks like this:

5-SPURS_Armrest.jpg

I would never put there any liquid stuff.
And the shifting is much more comfortable.
That's interesting. Is it custom made or a factory piece? It seems to match really well. Does it just sit there? Or is it hinged in some way?
I'd never use it though, I use the cup holders for holding cups. They're not that hard to clean occasionally and I don't worry at all about electronics. I figure Ford is smart enough to know spills will happen and designed accordingly.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting. Is it custom made or a factory piece? It seems to match really well. Does it just sit there? Or is it hinged in some way?
It's custom made and it comes from here:
https://5spurs.com/store/usa/2015-to-2017-Mustang-KR-Armrest-p117205230
Check the video on this link for fixation.
The match is perfect.

I'd never use it though, I use the cup holders for holding cups. They're not that hard to clean occasionally and I don't worry at all about electronics. I figure Ford is smart enough to know spills will happen and designed accordingly.
Since my days of having sex in the car are long passed, I'm now enjoying driving the thing.
I'm not eating or drinking there.
It's my holy driving place.
So food, drink, even animals got nothing to do inside my car.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the late reply. I don't have any good pictures of it yet on the inside - still don't as it's been non stop raining, but I just nipped out and got you this one :

B38-A1-A87-0-F45-4-B56-A8-A7-82-A00902-B1-CE.jpg

Yes, its a manual :like:

Other then the obvious, I think everything is pretty much the same, they didn't even flip the handbrake position for the RHD's.

I think the row of toggle switches / start button may be reversed ?

WD :like:
Very cool, thank you. My 5th gen camaros had the e brake on the "wrong" side from where the chassis was setup as right hand drive.
When I lived in Germany, one of the guys bought a nice older jaguar. It was fun watching him get in the left side of the vehicle everyday for about a week until he got used to getting in the other side! Lol

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
"Nm" is derived unit from SI system (International System of Units).
I canā€™t imagine how awkward your high school physics books look like with these yours inch, foot, Fahrenheit, oz, mile, yard, pound, gallon, ft/lb ... :crazy:

How come you didn't miss the moon in all this mess? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Lol, when I work on European cars, I always gripe that its why we won wwii, the metric system and (on German cars) the lug bolts...had them too confused to fight! Lol....strictly joking around...I mean no offense to anyone

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The start button is definitely reversed, but can't see the rockers. On my car, the first rocker is the hazards, followed by T/C, steering, and mode. My guess is only the start button was reversed, but maybe the switches too.
Not my car, but here you go :

1607070298037.png

:like:

You cup 'grabbers' are different - Its a more 'even' design than my one sided type and for that reason I prefer yours :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Pero - Admittedly mine is a RHD, but I did some messing around with mine today and I thought the info might be useful to you :like:

Here is my sweep pattern, note that the wipers are nowhere near the roofline :

E46106-A7-4-A16-47-BD-ADC2-16-F239-C71-B11.jpg

CD785-DB5-0-CBD-417-F-92-BB-085-C66-DF1231.jpg

Closer to the A pillar than yours, but not as close as some :

250-F85-AD-9328-4561-9479-0-EA9516-EB0-A9.jpg

My main reason for the adjustment was I couldnā€™t lift them without them contacting the bonnet without twisting them a little first, thatā€™s OK for me (but annoying) but you know it would have come back scratched after a service or MOT ...

This is the raised clearance for the passenger side which I didnā€™t need to adjust :

B35302-B1-C030-4232-AE81-53-CC8-AD4-A5-AB.jpg

And this is the drivers side raised fully after the mod :

07301993-744-F-42-CE-AB43-58-AAD02-CD987.jpg

And where it did contact when half raised / lowered pre adjustment as it passed the hood profile :

5-DDDC189-B5-CD-435-F-8-C16-AD16-C2-B408-E7.jpg

Final resting place after adjustment, note you can see the original adjustment mark on the screen for the drivers side in this photo :

CA40-F4-F4-A955-41-D5-A412-5-FDFA90-D57-B8.jpg

The arm looks ā€˜rightā€™ now where before I thought it looked over rotated and actually downwards pointing a little :

65-D421-DA-868-C-43-BC-8-AE7-6-CDE173-BCE98.jpg

Now itā€™s level :

1-F8-DA9-CE-5749-45-C8-9117-56-E2-C80-DBCAB.jpg

This is the little tool I used :

01-DE8-BDF-DFF8-49-C4-8-B47-C812-E678-FB49.jpg

A few points if you tackle this yourself :

ā€¢ My wiper arm was on ā€˜reallyā€™ tight. I couldnā€™t wind the tool any tighter and it wouldnā€™t budge. After three or four goes I left it tight whilst I went for the hairdryer to warm the arm, then I heard a crack as the arm released its grip on the splines and jumped up.

ā€¢ Use lots of tape on the tool and wiper arm to stop marking the finish on the arm.

ā€¢ I donā€™t think the ford arms are splined. I suspect they are a plain bore and the first assembly cuts the spline into the arm.

ā€¢ Mine had witness of threadlock on the spline (canā€™t imagine itā€™s white ally corrosion after a few dryish months and no salt roads).

ā€¢ As itā€™s splined, you donā€™t have infinite adjustment, itā€™s kind of one notch at a time and once the first set of notches have been cut by ford, the arm will follow them as you torque it down.

Iā€™m happy with the little tweak, much easier for washing or applying rain x now (as I did this afternoon) without having to jam a microfibre between the arm and bonnet edge. It looks better. It sweeps more screen - not that I plan on driving it in the rain much ... :cwl:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
@Pero

Final resting place after adjustment, note you can see the original adjustment mark on the screen for the drivers side in this photo :

1607295567810.png
Are your wiper blade tips resting right over the 'H" marks on the windshield?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are your wiper blade tips resting right over the 'H" marks on the windshield?
The passenger side, yes.

The drivers side, no (not anymore).

Iā€™m beginning to think Ford messed up with the marker on the RHD setup, or my cars a bit wonky ... lol

Interestingly, a guy on the U.K. forum has just posted that his were hitting the A pillar ... :facepalm:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
@Pero - Admittedly mine is a RHD, but I did some messing around with mine today and I thought the info might be useful to you :like:

Here is my sweep pattern, note that the wipers are nowhere near the roofline :

E46106-A7-4-A16-47-BD-ADC2-16-F239-C71-B11.jpg

My main reason for the adjustment was I couldnā€™t lift them without them contacting the bonnet without twisting them a little first, thatā€™s OK for me (but annoying) but you know it would have come back scratched after a service or MOT ...

This is the raised clearance for the passenger side which I didnā€™t need to adjust :

And this is the drivers side raised fully after the mod :

And where it did contact when half raised / lowered pre adjustment as it passed the hood profile :

The arm looks ā€˜rightā€™ now where before I thought it looked over rotated and actually downwards pointing a little :

Now itā€™s level :

This is the little tool I used :

01-DE8-BDF-DFF8-49-C4-8-B47-C812-E678-FB49.jpg

A few points if you tackle this yourself :

ā€¢ My wiper arm was on ā€˜reallyā€™ tight. I couldnā€™t wind the tool any tighter and it wouldnā€™t budge. After three or four goes I left it tight whilst I went for the hairdryer to warm the arm, then I heard a crack as the arm released its grip on the splines and jumped up.

ā€¢ Use lots of tape on the tool and wiper arm to stop marking the finish on the arm.

ā€¢ I donā€™t think the ford arms are splined. I suspect they are a plain bore and the first assembly cuts the spline into the arm.

ā€¢ Mine had witness of threadlock on the spline (canā€™t imagine itā€™s white ally corrosion after a few dryish months and no salt roads).

ā€¢ As itā€™s splined, you donā€™t have infinite adjustment, itā€™s kind of one notch at a time and once the first set of notches have been cut by ford, the arm will follow them as you torque it down.

Iā€™m happy with the little tweak, much easier for washing or applying rain x now (as I did this afternoon) without having to jam a microfibre between the arm and bonnet edge. It looks better. It sweeps more screen - not that I plan on driving it in the rain much ... :cwl:

@WD Pro : Thank you for your extended and helpful explanation!
Do you know the name of the tool you have used for release the wiper arm?
Is it commercial available in stores?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You shouldn't need a tool to remove a wiper... BUT you need to raise the wiper arm first. If you leave it against the windshield, where the spring has pressure on it, yeah, it'd be really hard to remove that way.

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
You shouldn't need a tool to remove a wiper... BUT you need to raise the wiper arm first. If you leave it against the windshield, where the spring has pressure on it, yeah, it'd be really hard to remove that way.
Yes, I understand. The spring will force the short part of the arm (after the hinge) to move off the axis and thus enlarge the friction force.

But, as WD Pro said (I donā€™t think the Ford arms are splined. I suspect they are a plain bore and the first assembly cuts the spline into the arm.) the arm could be factory pressed on the axle. This itself can enlarge the force, needed to remove the arm.
Sponsored