Sponsored

How do you deal with this?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@GT Pony - I did think of that but then I thought why ? I’m happy, seems like others not so much ... :cwl:

My car is set as I would like it, I’ve posted up what I did and my thoughts on how I went about it and what I found along the way.

Hopefully the OP gets his car fixed and everyone is happy :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pero

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Man, what the hell did Ford do with the wipers on this car? I adjusted one of them on my 2018 F-150 Platinum in a minute; no tools. Thought the Mustang was the same system. Sorry for my confusion.

But yes, with freaking 26 ft/lbs, you absolutely need a puller, I bet. Oh, and I never implied to have the wipers AND hood lifted at the same time; you probably can't do that on any car. Ha ha. But at least on the Mustang, you can lift the wipers completely with the hood closed, to clean the windshield, remove wiper blades, etc. Hope I never have trouble with the stupid wipers :).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Elp_jc - I've just nipped out and torqued the arm I adjusted to 26 ft/lb, yes, it seems really tight for a wiper arm.

I had torqed it by hand on first fitment to what seemed about right given the nature of the components / joint - no way would I have tightened them down this much without seeing the manual extract posted by @GT Pony above :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored