Windshield Wipers

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I had an interesting issue pop up the other day during a quick thunderstorm, the windshield wipers failed to turn on. I tried every position to turn them on, nothing. I eventually just turned the car off, turned it back on and the issue went away. Between this, the panel alignment, my pony light, and my reverse camera, I'm starting to think this car was a mistake. I know if I take my car to the dealer and they dont see an issue, they wont do anything. My fear is that the car will be an electrical nightmare outside of its warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
No one else have this issue?

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Mine was the frame mount broke.. but they always turned on. Did you take it in yet? I would, just be warned its a safety issue and they will give you a loaner...

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mine did this once. Fortunately it was in the driveway first thing in the morning getting the dew off the W/S.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mine was the frame mount broke.. but they always turned on. Did you take it in yet? I would, just be warned its a safety issue and they will give you a loaner...
I have not yet as it hasn't done it at all before or after this one occurrence. They didn't do anything with my back up camera since that wasn't acting up at the time I brought it in either. At the very least I'd like it documented so that if either thing breaks completely outside of warranty they'll still fix it. I know Honda did that for me on my transmission. The electrical anomalies scare me. That was the one thing I was iffy on when I deviated from Honda to Ford. I know the motors are pretty solid, despite the trans problems I've read about I have had no issues what so ever, but electrical stuff is my nightmare. Thanks for the feedback though, I think if I do mention it being a safety concern, hopefully they'll dig into it more.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No one else have this issue?
Not that but several other issues that required turning the car on and off or even disconnecting the batery.

Just about everything in these cars is under control of some computer. Its not surprising that things don't work when some bit doesn't have the right value or that shutting it off or yanking power doesn't un-confuse the computers.

They should do a better job writing and debugging the code though.
Sponsored