Sponsored

How bad is the damage

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Went to the Ford dealer that's partnered with the insurance parts are coming from Fred's beans parts in pa seems to be a oem supplier they are doing rear skin and new door shell
Just be glad Freds not doing the work, that is the worst fucking Ford dealer I've ever delt with. Their rep is entirely based on the fact they own multiple brands dealers, and give local tuners with YT channels first shot at new vehicles.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry to see thatā€¦

Proper repair is a full rear 1/4 and door skin.

Just seeing the exterior damages, Iā€™m going to say that repair is going to be very close to, if not over $8kā€¦

They will have to remove a lot to repair the rear 1/4, plus door skin, then prep and paint, probably alignment if you went off-roadingā€¦ā€¦ Paint alone is a 3-stage paint and they will have to blend it into the front fender to make it look as if nothing happened.

Donā€™t sign/accept anything when the car is done unless you have looked it over in bright sunlight and confirm that the repairs made are correct and to your approval.

OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
Sorry to see thatā€¦

Proper repair is a full rear 1/4 and door skin.

Just seeing the exterior damages, Iā€™m going to say that repair is going to be very close to, if not over $8kā€¦

They will have to remove a lot to repair the rear 1/4, plus door skin, then prep and paint, probably alignment if you went off-roadingā€¦ā€¦ Paint alone is a 3-stage paint and they will have to blend it into the front fender to make it look as if nothing happened.

Donā€™t sign/accept anything when the car is done unless you have looked it over in bright sunlight and confirm that the repairs made are correct and to your approval.
Yeah they've got a new door skin and quarter on the quote so we will see

OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
This is the parts and hours estimate

Screenshot_20220326-143333_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
Ouch! $2500 deductible is painful! Is that collision or comprehensive?
Collision it's my first accident in 32 years I always just go with a high deductible cause my track records been pretty damn good until now

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Collision it's my first accident in 32 years I always just go with a high deductible cause my track records been pretty damn good until now
I did a quick analysis, and the cost savings going to a higher deductible was very small. I've also considered dropping collision altogether on cars that are paid off. I feel like the insurance companies know how to manipulate the premiums to negate any benefit of one over the other. I do wish my state had the $0 deductible for windshield replacements like Florida does. My $500 comprehensive deductible hardly makes using insurance for a new windshield worthwhile.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
guy I worked with hit 5 deer in 2 years. If you hit it, comprehensive - no fault. You avoid it and get damage - collision. After avoiding the first, he made it a point to hit the brakes, but hit the deer from then on. He had a truck, not a low hood auto ... so I agree on the safety aspect of deer hitting windshield. So many deer here .. have had to brake often, all hours.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
from experience to the posters saying make sure you get original Ford parts. I had extensive damage on my Passat and the body shop was top quality and asked if I would do OEM or after market saying they were both just fine. Well my front fender line is not lined up as well and sorry I didn't insist on OEM parts. Though in Indiana your car has to be xx years new to make them use OEM.

OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
If that door post is bent, it's totaled.
Which part it caved the quarter but I got no wind noise driving it to the dealer so I assume the frame around the door survived

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
from experience to the posters saying make sure you get original Ford parts. I had extensive damage on my Passat and the body shop was top quality and asked if I would do OEM or after market saying they were both just fine. Well my front fender line is not lined up as well and sorry I didn't insist on OEM parts. Though in Indiana your car has to be xx years new to make them use OEM.
LOL our cars leave Flat Rock with misaligned panels.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I can't see how this repair is done correctly for under $10k. Really can't.

Good luck and sorry to see this!
Sponsored