Sponsored

How good? (Or bad?) is the ride of a non magneride Bullitt?

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang DHG L0103
I,m about to buy a non magneride 2020 Bullitt. I would love to hear your opinion.
Sponsored

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Have #7834, I find the ride good. It came with the car cover, if I had ordered my Bullitt would have left it off really not worth the price. For all but excessive driving the standard suspension should do, magnaride would tighten it up. But I am pleased with standard. Lets hear from a magnaride owner.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Why do I have a non-magniride:
I specifically requested a bullitt without magniride due to personal coroners about the longterm (15+ years) durability / support / cost of the system. My dealer and I were having issues finding motorcraft suspension components for my 04 st focus; so long term access to ford suspension components was a bit of a sore spot during my purchase process. To make it a bit more complex, magniride mustangs have issues converting to air-suspension (so you can't replace it with a comparable system if something goes very wrong outside of warranty). Also, at the time of my purchase, I did not plan to add a blower to the system.

Ride Quality:
The ride is surprisingly good for non-magnaride bullitt, unless you plan on driving down a lot of old country roads. That being said, on those roads, the ride quality is a bit better than my 04 ford focus. On highways and maintained roads, the ride quality is above average. The larger advantage of magniride is handling (see below)

Handling:
If you plan on doing some auto cross or road courses, magniride is a lot cheaper than full steeda / bmr / ford track suspension so you would do well to grab it. Also, if you plan on upgrading to a blower, magniride does the best job at dealing with the extra front-end mass. Realistically though, though a non-magniride bullitt still has suspension that is good enough to take some rather tight turns at appreciable speeds. Magnaride will get you a some more mph around tight turns, but physics will not be ignored.

Summary:
If you have a line on a non-magniride bullitt for a nice price, grab it. If the ride quality is a bit rough, slap the steeda comfort springs / shocks on it and the ride quality will drastically improve without losing handling.

If the price is not competitive or you plan on doing some power upgrades, you would do well to wait for a magniride bullitt

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The non-magneride is not bad by any means. Its the same as all the other GT's that are non-magneride Performance Pack cars. If you plan to REALLY dial your suspension in yourself its probably better to not have magneride due to all the strut/spring options you'll have. Likely cheaper to fix also.

OP
OP

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your reply guys. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I’m in the UK and ordered my Bullitt in April 2018 without Magneride based mainly on simplicity and ease and cost of maintainence going forward. At the time there were no reviews available and in the 10 months it took for my Bullitt to arrive I became increasingly alarmed as every review I read stated that Magneride was a ‘must have’ option, in fact I’ve been unable to find a review of a non Magneride equipped car.

My experience is the ride is firm but not crashy, possibly a little bouncy at lower speeds on broken tarmac but as the speed increases it smooths out and feels very planted on the road, I’ve taken sweeping bends at over 100 mph on the motorway and I’ve never found body control or roll to be an issue, in fact the car is an absolute joy until 10 minutes into my journey the journalists words start ringing in my ears which I quickly dispel as it’s not their car and they’re not paying for it or maintaining it.

If I was ordering again I’d definitely try a Magneride car first to see what all the fuss is about but apart from the doubts introduced into my head by other people I’m completely happy with my purchase.

OP
OP

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
I’m in the UK and ordered my Bullitt in April 2018 without Magneride based mainly on simplicity and ease and cost of maintainence going forward. At the time there were no reviews available and in the 10 months it took for my Bullitt to arrive I became increasingly alarmed as every review I read stated that Magneride was a ‘must have’ option, in fact I’ve been unable to find a review of a non Magneride equipped car.

My experience is the ride is firm but not crashy, possibly a little bouncy at lower speeds on broken tarmac but as the speed increases it smooths out and feels very planted on the road, I’ve taken sweeping bends at over 100 mph on the motorway and I’ve never found body control or roll to be an issue, in fact the car is an absolute joy until 10 minutes into my journey the journalists words start ringing in my ears which I quickly dispel as it’s not their car and they’re not paying for it or maintaining it.

If I was ordering again I’d definitely try a Magneride car first to see what all the fuss is about but apart from the doubts introduced into my head by other people I’m completely happy with my purchase.
Thank you jonny,

Magmetallic15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt, 2005 Mustang GT
I also have non-MR suspension 19 Bullitt. It drives and handles great on our bumpy roads. Also the other factor that few are talking about is the tires. This will make a big difference if you change tires from the Michelins at some point in the future of your car. Overall, it is one of the best handling sports car around without the MR suspension!

OP
OP

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
I also have non-MR suspension 19 Bullitt. It drives and handles great on our bumpy roads. Also the other factor that few are talking about is the tires. This will make a big difference if you change tires from the Michelins at some point in the future of your car. Overall, it is one of the best handling sports car around without the MR suspension!
Thanks Dave

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have a Magneride GT and it is definitely worth the money for me. The ride in standard mode is incredibly good dealing with minor road surface irregularities beautifully.

Magneride shocks have been around for a long while and on many different cars such as the Audi R8 and Ferrari 458. They can be reconditioned rather than replaced if they fail but the reliability of them is good. In fact because they have no valves and few moving parts they tend to be more reliable than standard dampers.

You need to drive both but I would be amazed if you don't choose Magneride once you have experienced both

Sponsored
OP
OP

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
I have a Magneride GT and it is definitely worth the money for me. The ride in standard mode is incredibly good dealing with minor road surface irregularities beautifully.

Magneride shocks have been around for a long while and on many different cars such as the Audi R8 and Ferrari 458. They can be reconditioned rather than replaced if they fail but the reliability of them is good. In fact because they have no valves and few moving parts they tend to be more reliable than standard dampers.

You need to drive both but I would be amazed if you don't choose Magneride once you have experienced both
Thanks Greg. Thing is that Magneride is not available here in México . Thanks

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
I have MagnaRide & I am very happy with it

I decided it was a must have for me after speaking to someone that had it on his PP1 Daily/Auto Cross car

The ability to adjust the suspension ride on the fly is huge, I use my car for work & run in Sport Plus most of the time, but when I hit a bumpy/pot hole road I just switch to normal.

I never have to compromise, never locked into performance or comfort. Same with the active exhaust

OP
OP

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
I have MagnaRide & I am very happy with it

I decided it was a must have for me after speaking to someone that had it on his PP1 Daily/Auto Cross car

The ability to adjust the suspension ride on the fly is huge, I use my car for work & run in Sport Plus most of the time, but when I hit a bumpy/pot hole road I just switch to normal.

I never have to compromise, never locked into performance or comfort. Same with the active exhaust
Thanks Terry
Sponsored