Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That works out well most of the time, but there is always "that one guy." You park all the way in the back of the lot and he is parked next to you so close you can barely get in. Out of all the parking spots in the lot, he picks right next to you away from everyone else.
Oh yeah, that one always gets a few curse words out of my mouth. "All these parking spots and you F'ing park next to me? Ahole!"
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
couple suggestions....
1. if you can park the car closer to the wall farthest away from the other car and comfortably enough to open the doors with care....
2. if you have a car cover that will help somewhat (so no metal on metal) but if they open the door hard enough then you might want to put bubble wrap under the cover in the area where they always open the door at, this will help and give some protection without too much cost.
3. if your really concerned and have the space buy one of these....http://carcapsule.com/
4. if thats not enough, build a new garage.....

some easy, cheap ways to protect. the other thing you can do is "educate" the other persons as to how to open and close doors in close proximity of other doors....
but you cant fix stupid either....

hope this helps.

OP
OP
Dano

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My solution - Build the wall!!
20181013_144007-jpg.jpg
LOL - That is awesome!

I'm looking for a less drastic solution, but I can totally appreciate what you have done!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I love the humorous replies.

But I love even more the serious replies from those who have attempted to address this issue.

Anyone using a car cover to address this? That is, using a car cover on a car that get's used frequently, not just long term storage.

Thanks
Have a serious discussion with whoever is putting dings in your car ? I understand it can happen somewhere on the parking lot, but at home ??? It seriously isn't difficult to exercise some care, if they don't pay attention to your car, I bet they don't about other's cars parking next to them which is just shitty. Make them behave like thinking human being rather than put a burden on yourself to protect your car. Address the issue.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Install a door edge trim on your wife's car.

Also the noodle idea is clever.

Car covers are a bitch to take on and off all the time, but I could see it helping.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
With reasonable care and helping family members understand respect for property, it is possible to keep cars ding free. This is my 17 year old 170,000 mile Ranger and there is not a ding or scratch on it.
1125171224d_Burst01.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I love the humorous replies.

But I love even more the serious replies from those who have attempted to address this issue.

Anyone using a car cover to address this? That is, using a car cover on a car that get's used frequently, not just long term storage.

Thanks
It won't protect from dings and dents, and repeatedly putting it on and taking it off can damage the paint.

Plus, it would be a royal PITA that would probably be dropped after awhile.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Have a serious discussion with whoever is putting dings in your car ? I understand it can happen somewhere on the parking lot, but at home ??? It seriously isn't difficult to exercise some care, if they don't pay attention to your car, I bet they don't about other's cars parking next to them which is just shitty. Make them behave like thinking human being rather than put a burden on yourself to protect your car. Address the issue.
That plus something for just-in-case. Maybe an alarm with a sensitive bump detector wired to some train horns. Cleaning up the mess in their pants should be a great motivator against re-occurrences.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
It's a car, I just try not to obsess about it. Trying to keep it perfect just leads to anguish. Down that path are the people who never drive their cars because they think the car is too nice to drive. What purpose does a car serve when it isn't driven?

This morning I noticed there is a big, fat bird dropping on the top of my car. I'm not sure when I will get around to washing it off.
The etching in your clearcoat will remind you to wash it off sooner next time lol

Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Car covers can be a pain, but if you're leaving it for more than a day: https://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A4608A0A0.aspx

Someone mentioned door edge guards for the other car: https://www.amazon.com/MOON-Door-Edge-Guards-Trim/dp/B07589767C

My son and I park our cars in my garage. I back in and he pulls straight in so I can get my GT close to the wall and leave sufficient space. That way he avoids certain death... ha, ha

Also, talk to your Family members and politely ask that they please be more careful. It doesn't hurt to ask for consideration!

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just park it, it's a very small garage and my GF parks her Silverado next to me. We are both very passionate about cars, each take pride in them so we are ultra careful around them and when walking by them. We even move our bicycles out in between the vehicles. No issues at all so far.

I would recommend a full car cover to protect it in the garage if you have serious concern.

Once in a while I have to park my GT in the street as we have no driveway. I get very concerned when I do this, but it's not that often. It's only when I need the full garage to work on another car I have to move cars out.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Get a new wife? Move to a house with a single car garage, and leave the Sorento to suffer the elements? I once saw foam pads that, I believe, were magnetic, for sticking to your car. You could probably make your own with a pool noodle and some magnets from the craft store.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1