Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
32734637728_0cfece25a1_c.jpg
.....I'm sure #1 Son did it without even noticing, and he sure didn't confess. I see this dent every time I see the car.....
"Son, I brought you into this world, and I can take you out. And I can make another one that looks just like you."
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Hang an old blanket on the wall so the door doesn't hit the wall, so that is one side. Install those older ugly door edge guards on the other car to prevent metal to metal contact. Install almost invisible clear bra type door edge guards on the stang. These things have worked for my situation.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
If, like me, your Mustang is not driven on a daily basis (I haven't driven mine in over three months), you can slide your car as far away from other cars as humanly possible and give the Mustang some extra space. This way no matter what happens, no other vehicle in your garage can possibly come in contact with your sweet ride.

Below is a picture of what I do. My Mustang is on wheeled dollies I bought at Harbor Freight. They allow me to slide my Mustang just a couple of inches away from the outside wall of the garage in a way that would make it impossible to do if I tried to position the car this way when attempting a normal parking routine. This puts my Mustang too far away from other cars parked in the garage so that it cannot be struck by doors of cars parked adjacent to it. Yes, the car needs to be jacked up to place the dollies under the car, and the process reversed when I want to drive it, but this only takes a couple of minutes and isn't a big deal when its not my DD.

Screenshot-20181125-173246-Gallery.jpg

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
BB9FBBE6-093F-4F7E-957A-73DE10F34FC4.jpeg
I picked up some styrofoam panels from Home Depot. They are about 8’ x 4’ x 2” thick. Used some lengths of 1” x 2” to build a stand on the bottom. Light weight and easy to move around. They have saved my cars from a lot of dents and scratches from my kids.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
It was easier to get it right up against the wall on dollies. Oh and I forgot to mention, there is a bowlful of mothballs sitting on the passenger floor and in the trunk.
Interior is gonna smell like grandmas closet! Those things reek nevermind being highly toxic.

Rodents don't like bounce sheets and your car won't smell like shit in the spring either.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
This is similar to how my garage was when I moved into the house.
Kinda like it that way.
I really didn't want to do this. But from past experiences (Chevelle had a mysterious scoeer ball sized almost dent in the door and my boys both played high leve competitive soccer, so have no idea how they managed to hit the car) and the wife dinged it once, plus two grandkids... My wife is the one who said to build the wall. The latch is on the Mustang side, just out of reach of the oldest grandson. It works out well, except there is no room to work over there.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
EE7D71A4-5F53-45AF-8C90-71E05C7B4C17.jpeg
Ceramic coated and 50 degree heated garage. Keeping my GMC company

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
It's a car, I just try not to obsess about it. Trying to keep it perfect just leads to anguish. Down that path are the people who never drive their cars because they think the car is too nice to drive. What purpose does a car serve when it isn't driven?

This morning I noticed there is a big, fat bird dropping on the top of my car. I'm not sure when I will get around to washing it off.
You might want to do it sooner than later. Bird droppings have very corrosive acids that can etch the clear coat.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
For bird droppings, wet a paper towel and place over the splat for a while them wipe off...

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
What about connecting two pool noodles with a soft cotton line and let em drap over the car and hang off each side. Easy to take on and off and nothing to scratch the paint and super cheap.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dano,
1st is it a attached garage?
Park the car on the opposite side of the door into the house. Use a good quality cover, pick up 6 Harbor Freight moving blankets (dirt cheap) double them up and drape them over side in between cars.
This should prevent anything from happening to your new baby.:beer:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm almost always in favor of the simpler solution. I've imagined the barriers, the pool noodles, the foamcore. All probably effective in their ways; however, there is no monetary cost to people having a care about the consequences of their actions, and little cost in convenience.

As to the garage-parking scenario, in our house it became routine that drivers could climb in their cars and drive; if there were to be passengers in need of using the passenger-side doors, they got in after the car was out of the garage.

Our garage is about average in width, and in order to have working space on both sides, we park with as little as three inches between cars. Her RAV4 drives straight in to face a workbench along the back wall, with a couple of feet of space front and back. Easy on her, and she's conscientious about avoiding any contact at all. She also has a rubber ball on a string, hanging from a rafter, and if she puts the car where the ball is in the upper-left corner if the windshield, she's in the right place. The Mustang is backed in, about a foot of space behind, an inch in front. I confess I've never been very good at going backward in a car, but with practice and a few cue-tape marks on the driver-side floor, I get it done pretty regularly. Since I installed a Stor and Sho front license plate bracket, I've lost a couple of inches of space behind the Mustang, and I use the garage-door opener's safety function to keep easing back until it will begin to close, and I know things are hunky-dory.

Both have plenty of room to fully open the driver's door.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Interior is gonna smell like grandmas closet! Those things reek nevermind being highly toxic.

Rodents don't like bounce sheets and your car won't smell like shit in the spring either.
I have a convertible, so I just put the top down and in a few minutes the smell is gone.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
I thought about building a wall and everything. but, the best and easiest solution for me was, placing the stuff that is stored in the garage in the middle of the cars at the front side. This forces both cars to park as close as possible to the walls.
it is not even possible to get in or get out from the passenger door with the way I park. whoever is riding with me has to wait till I get out of the garage.
Sponsored