Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

Snakes&horses

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby gt500 vert tungsten grey stripe delete black/red int.,2019 GT 400a PP1 A10 spoiler delete RR coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This is my set up, my garage is pretty small but I do find that a good car cover will protect the car a little from light taps and someone passing by and brushing up against the paint ( ie when bring the groceries in )Yes the cover can be a little bit of a pita to deal with but imo it’s cheap insurance. I always clean or dust off my car before putting the cover back on. Never put it on if the car is not clean! I fold it up and put it in the trunk when I’m using the car. The noodle idea is also a good idea for additional protection. My cover is from California car cover and I believe it’s the Noah model. Hopefully this helps... , theres also a lot of good points others have made above as well. Good luck :like:
8D350F22-C7C0-45FF-BA85-772451496B93.jpeg
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Install a door edge trim on your wife's car.

Also the noodle idea is clever.
Since it sounds like the OP's car is not the only one at risk, he shouldn't hang a noodle between the cars; he should superglue one vertically at the edge of all the doors on the Sorento.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
The Sorento would be forward facing on the left and the Mustang forward facing on the right.
We park opposite of you guys

I pull in to the left and I hug the left side. My wife pulls in on the right and she hugs the right side. She's very careful about dings and if someone gets in her passenger side, it's all good.
If they get in on the back of her car on the drivers side, she makes sure the person don't ding my car.

I try not to ding her car as well. None of our cars have dings.

Training a wife is hard. :whew:
I fail at most of it but I win on this :rockon:

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The pic says it all

20180212_133234.jpg

I live in Northern Ohio, so by the end of October I put it in hibernation. It's up on wheel dollies, has a cover, and is plugged into a battery tender. Stays that way until late April or so then I pull it out for the summer.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
It's pretty much an unwritten rule that with my vehicles you look and stay away unless invited. The wife's car is next to mine in the garage and any passengers she has are dropped off in the driveway before she pulls in.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The pic says it all

20180212_133234.jpg

I live in Northern Ohio, so by the end of October I put it in hibernation. It's up on wheel dollies, has a cover, and is plugged into a battery tender. Stays that way until late April or so then I pull it out for the summer.
Mine is covered and tendered until April/May as well, but why the wheel dollies? Your car is against the wall, so why the dollies? Wait....maybe I just answered my own question....:wink:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It was easier to get it right up against the wall on dollies. Oh and I forgot to mention, there is a bowlful of mothballs sitting on the passenger floor and in the trunk.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
For me it's simple> kids stay out or find someplace else to live. Wife stay out or find someplace else to live. <- I paid for that one LOL.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
The wall is a good idea, it only needs to be high enough to be higher than the Sorento doors bottom edge and only long enough to block the doors.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
It was easier to get it right up against the wall on dollies. Oh and I forgot to mention, there is a bowlful of mothballs sitting on the passenger floor and in the trunk.
Yeah.... that’s what I thought. I have steel wool in my pipes for rodents and silica gel in food strainers placed in plastic bowls in the car to absorb moisture.

Sorry OP got going off topic. Now to regularly scheduled programming.:)

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have steel wool in my pipes for rodents
If rodents crawled into my exhaust, I would blow their eardrums when I fired it up in the spring, I have long tube headers and a resonator delete on mine and it loud as hell on a cold start

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
32734637728_0cfece25a1_c.jpg
Less Than 24 Hours by clair_davis, on Flickr

So this is the driver's door of my '18 EBPP less than 8 hours after I bought the car... Rear passenger door of my wife's Pilot. I'm sure #1 Son did it without even noticing, and he sure didn't confess. I see this dent every time I see the car - the lighting from the open garage door really shows the curves of the Mustang nicely. I've never had any paintless dent repair done, but this one is tempting me.

On the passenger side of the Mustang, I have another car parked - it's a strange garage layout with a decent work area off to the side of the normal 2-car parking area. I used some skates to push my old Plymouth Valiant into the work area, and I have a double-layer of cardboard taped to the side of that car so my #2 Son can open the pass door into the cardboard when he gets in the car to go to school. This has worked well so far, but if he gets much bigger I'll have to back out of the garage before he gets in.

Another area to watch - and this is up to you - is the point on the door edge created by the upper body line. This is near the door handle, and the risk here is the paint on the end of the point. The paint is really weak, and if you bump the point of the door against anything, expect a tiny piece of paint to flake off. I did this when my door bumped up against the plastic cladding on the Pilot. Mind you, this was my own doing, but it was such a light tap against plastic that I didn't expect to see anything happen. Mind boggling.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Both my cars go in the double garage ! I am the only one who has keys to the garage, my wife gets the carport for her car and she is not allowed to drive my cars, so no problems !
Sponsored