Sponsored

Hood Struts - Which Ones?

Cookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2016 Mustang GT
Dave Steeda hood struts were one of my first upgrades (Nov., 2015). Straight forward install, no alignment or hood bulging issues. Work like a factory install. A little more expensive but not budget breaking for a quality product!
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Love my Steeda hood struts. They have extra metal at the mounting points to support the hood. Better system to secure the fender side as well.
yep I have them also,

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought a set of Red Line original black struts. From what I have read I'm sure I will be happy. Just need a little time to install them. :D

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Redline without a doubt!

Perfect fit, perfect operation, looks great, awesome customer service, cost 25% less, and 4-5 year warranty.

Don't know what else you could look for!

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Let me explain the benefits of our system:

1) Warranty: We have a 4 year warranty for our PLUS system and a 5 year warranty on our ELITE system. This includes all the components in our system including the gas springs. Other companies only offer a 1 year warranty.

2) Fit and finish: All of our brackets are Zinc plated and then Black powder coated. The bolts in our system are Stainless steel and then coated black, this offers the ultimate in corrosion protection. The aluminum inserts we use in our fender bracket assemblies are anodized red, even though you will never see them once installed, we want them to be the best. :thumbsup:

xRABaAA.jpg

3) Extras included :
a. Detailed full color instruction manual with every system.
b. Plastic drill guide for exact location. (Other companies give a piece of paper you have to cut out yourself)

M5nb1kj.jpg

c. ¾” Step bit to make a perfect hole in the battery cover (Not included with other companies kits).

F5bYcJa.jpg

4) Price: You get all the things mentioned above and our Hood QuickLIFT system costs 25% less! :thumbsup:

There really is no comparison!

BLyAz48.jpg

http://www.redlinetuning.com/Redline-Tuning-2015-Ford-Mustang-Hood-QuickLIFT-p/21-11028-02.htm

wjjAyP0.jpg

http://www.redlinetuning.com/Redline-Tuning-2015-Ford-Mustang-Hood-QuickLIFT-p/21-11028-03.htm

Last edited:

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Let me explain the benefits of our system:

1) Warranty: We have a 4 year warranty for our PLUS system and a 5 year warranty on our ELITE system. This includes all the components in our system including the gas springs. Other companies only offer a 1 year warranty.

2) Fit and finish: All of our brackets are Zinc plated and then Black powder coated. The bolts in our system are Stainless steel and then coated black, this offers the ultimate in corrosion protection. The aluminum inserts we use in our fender bracket assemblies are anodized red, even though you will never see them once installed, we want them to be the best. :thumbsup:

Fender%20Assy.jpg

3) Extras included :
a. Detailed full color instruction manual with every system.
b. Plastic drill guide for exact location. (Other companies give a piece of paper you have to cut out yourself)

Plastic%20template.jpg

c. ¾” Step bit to make a perfect hole in the battery cover (Not included with other companies kits).

Step%20Bit.jpg

4) Price: You get all the things mentioned above and our Hood QuickLIFT system costs 25% less! :thumbsup:

There really is no comparison!

2015Mustang%20PLUS_1.jpg

http://www.redlinetuning.com/Redline-Tuning-2015-Ford-Mustang-Hood-QuickLIFT-p/21-11028-02.htm

2015Mustang%20ELITE_1.jpg

http://www.redlinetuning.com/Redline-Tuning-2015-Ford-Mustang-Hood-QuickLIFT-p/21-11028-03.htm
So can you clarify the difference between the plus and elite if any? I was planning to stop by the booth next week and pickup the new brackets at least. Will you have the updated brackets for sale on site?

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Ok, Ok, Redline it will be. ;)

I just read where guys are removing one of the trunk struts to make it easier to close? Seriously? Somebody's gonna lose their man card. ;)

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The step bit from Redline IS a nice touch. I used a hole saw and had to do some clean up.

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Vert Premium Every Option but Auto Trans
Could somebody please explain to me why Ford made the choice not to include hood struts in the first place? This is the first car I have owned (other than my old Jeep Wrangler) where the hood has a prop rod. What is the thinking on this in a $50k car?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Could somebody please explain to me why Ford made the choice not to include hood struts in the first place? This is the first car I have owned (other than my old Jeep Wrangler) where the hood has a prop rod. What is the thinking on this in a $50k car?
You and the rest of us bought Mustangs without them. I never saw a post on Camaro forums saying they would have bought a Mustang if only it came with hood struts. So somebody probably got a well deserved bonus for sticking with the rod.

They are easy to add so nobody has to do without.

Personally I had zero interest in adding struts until this week when the prop rod was about 190 degrees Fahrenheit. I guess between the rubber sheath on my S197 prop rod and maybe more air flow over it, I never noticed it on that Mustang. So I need to get struts or find the part number for the short rubber sheath on S197's rod that I had assumed was just to prevent marring the paint on the inside of the hood when propped up.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
My vote goes to Steeda. The design made the most sense to me and the install was simple!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Cost. And most are not 50K.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My vote goes to Steeda. The design made the most sense to me and the install was simple!
But it costs 35% more and has a warranty that is 1/4 as long. :shrug:

Last edited:

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So can you clarify the difference between the plus and elite if any? I was planning to stop by the booth next week and pickup the new brackets at least. Will you have the updated brackets for sale on site?
The Plus features Black gas springs and a 4 year warranty.

The Elite features Stainless Steel gas springs and a 5 year warranty.
Sponsored