Hood floppage!?

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but the search function does not work on my phone it appears.

Had an impromptu bit of higher speed testing with a SRT Challenger 392 this weekend, on a closed course with professional drivers naturally, and in the process I was shocked at how much the hood moved around on my GT350. Had I not heard about it from you guys I probably would have had to pull off and check to make sure everything was okay.

Do you get used to that? It looks like it moved a couple inches right in front of the cowl.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
the two adjustable bumpers in front corners need to raised until they are tight. piece of gum will help adjust them. Want pattern about size of dime on top.

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but the search function does not work on my phone it appears.

Had an impromptu bit of higher speed testing with a SRT Challenger 392 this weekend, on a closed course with professional drivers naturally, and in the process I was shocked at how much the hood moved around on my GT350. Had I not heard about it from you guys I probably would have had to pull off and check to make sure everything was okay.

Do you get used to that? It looks like it moved a couple inches right in front of the cowl.
don't know about your issue but, to use the search option on your phone you have to click search and then advanced search and you can search anything that way.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When I've been at the track I haven't noticed my hood moving like you describe. Possibly it is moving though. I'm usually pretty focused on the road when moving at triple digit speeds. I agree with the previous poster that it's worth trying to adjust the bumpers under the hood.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Wow, my driver side bumper was all the way down...brought it out some more and will try this. Thanks for the info fellas. This hood shakes as bad if not worse than my 16GT.

I suppose driving the speed limit would also make the hood not shake :cheers:

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
do search there are couple of different methods to adjust the tension on them

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh yea, hood flutter. It happens and it is unnerving the first few times you see it. After repetition, you learn that the hood isn't going to go flying off.

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
the two adjustable bumpers in front corners need to raised until they are tight. piece of gum will help adjust them. Want pattern about size of dime on top.
This^

Mine was very loose from factory. Adjusted and no issue at 155 at Road Atlanta.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I havent had this issue that I've noticed...but to be fair I'm much more concerned about tramlining, deer, other critters or road debris on the roads I make "spirited" runs on. I almost always make a scout pass first checking for most of that stuff but on occasion after I'm all warmed up I just nail it and go lol
Sponsored