gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Well..... Its been over two weeks and it was returned to me last night. The finish is horrific and there are stains in the paint. When I pointed them out they said oh. Thats all. Then they noticed what they called "Solvent pop" a large portion of the passenger side of the hood was pock marked. So its still there and they feel they need to repaint it.... Again. A call to Ford only served to have them lodge a complaint. So my pretty 50th year mustang is now a science project for a crappy body shop selected by (and owned by) my dealer. The story will be updated.
You're scaring me! Mine has been gone for 9 days now and my fingers and toes are crossed...keep us posted.
Sponsored

bullitt4204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
"No-Rain" Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
No corrosion issues on mine. Had sat outside from new until a couple of months ago when I bought it used. Has 41k miles. :clap2:

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
I now wonder if Ford will pay me for their wholesale cost of the hood, plus paint, stripes, and clear film.
If so, I am considering looking into non-metal hoods. Even though I would be out the delta between the factory and aftermarket hoods, at least I know the new one will never corrode.

My bubbling is pretty small still (2 years), and so I plan to just monitor it, because I have 5 years, and who knows if I will trade/sell the car by then, (ie. if the corrosion gets worse very slowly).
Remember even if you have a premium warranty Ford will only cover it under the 3 year 36k mile warranty.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Remember even if you have a premium warranty Ford will only cover it under the 3 year 36k mile warranty.
For 2016 and later, the aluminum corrosion protection was extended to 5 years 60k.

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
Well..... Its been over two weeks and it was returned to me last night. The finish is horrific and there are stains in the paint. When I pointed them out they said oh. Thats all. Then they noticed what they called "Solvent pop" a large portion of the passenger side of the hood was pock marked. So its still there and they feel they need to repaint it.... Again. A call to Ford only served to have them lodge a complaint. So my pretty 50th year mustang is now a science project for a crappy body shop selected by (and owned by) my dealer. The story will be updated.
Well this sucks. You shouldn't have to do this but I would find a high end body shop and bite the bullet to get it right. The corrosion that is STILL happening should be a major embarrassment to Ford.

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I just saw one spot on my hood, 2 years old, almost the end of warranty (3 000 miles).
I'm surprised it's always an issue. I'm going to show it to dealer and see what will happen.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So ford answered it s due to road rocks. It s BS, because i have spot a problem under the hood. I need to fight before my warranty ends

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So ford answered it s due to road rocks. It s BS, because i have spot a problem under the hood. I need to fight before my warranty ends
You have a 2016 and therefore are covered under the new corrosion warranty. 5 years unlimited miles with no perforation on aluminum panels.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So ford answered it s due to road rocks. It s BS, because i have spot a problem under the hood.
Ford has pictures of you driving with your hood up and those pictures may not have been photo-shopped. ;)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a 2016 and therefore are covered under the new corrosion warranty. 5 years unlimited miles with no perforation on aluminum panels.
Thank you, can someone give me a link about that ? I don t find it

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford has pictures of you driving with your hood up and those pictures may not have been photo-shopped. ;)
:) i can do it soon when the hole become large enough

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You need to do this:

Contact the Ford Customer Service line, get yourself a Regional Ford CSR who will create a case number for your concern. If you are not satisfied with the Dealer you let it be known to the CSR and also how displeased you are with Ford and it’s products, Custer Service etc... While doing so, I must stress you have to maintain a “professional” attitude and don’t go ballistic on the CSR - you’ll get really far if you do as stated.

You may have to supply your own pics of the affected areas, because sometimes the Tech or Service Center takes shitty pics - and those alone can get denied if Ford does not “see” what YOU see.

Best of luck.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to do this:

Contact the Ford Customer Service line, get yourself a Regional Ford CSR who will create a case number for your concern. If you are not satisfied with the Dealer you let it be known to the CSR and also how displeased you are with Ford and it’s products, Custer Service etc... While doing so, I must stress you have to maintain a “professional” attitude and don’t go ballistic on the CSR - you’ll get really far if you do as stated.

You may have to supply your own pics of the affected areas, because sometimes the Tech or Service Center takes shitty pics - and those alone can get denied if Ford does not “see” what YOU see.

Best of luck.
Thank you, i m always professional when talking for issues. And i agree , you obtain more things by this way.
Ford told me the advisor manager has to ask again to ford if they want to change their judgement about this problem. So i have to try this first. Knowing that i have 3 years yet to complain about the corrosion.
I good at photography, and i must admit it s small so not easy to put it on pictures.
Sponsored