Hood ajar issues

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Today I noticed my hood ajar light was on and so I shut the hood and drove home. I then heard a loud thump and hood ajar came back on. Got home and just pushed the push pins in and the hood would allow me to open without even pressing the lever inside the car. Any thoughts on this? Going to try and take it to the dealership tomorrow to have them take a look at it. Looks like the hood is off line wise too.
Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Today I noticed my hood ajar light was on and so I shut the hood and drove home. I then heard a loud thump and hood ajar came back on. Got home and just pushed the push pins in and the hood would allow me to open without even pressing the lever inside the car. Any thoughts on this? Going to try and take it to the dealership tomorrow to have them take a look at it. Looks like the hood is off line wise too.
No sorry I have had no issue I let the hood go about 6 inches from closed and it shuts fine with no issue. I have not had the light come on at all for me

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
If the hood will not close, with the hood open press on the push button one may not be completely pressed. Than drop the hood 8 to 6 inches. If it doesn’t work try again.

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
If the hood will not close, with the hood open press on the push button one may not be completely pressed. Than drop the hood 8 to 6 inches. If it doesn’t work try again.
Thanks for responding it will shut and appears to be fine. I had opened it earlier showing some people the motor and it seemed to shut fine I got in my car to start it and then had the hood ajar so I went through the process again and then the notification went away. Drove the car about 3 miles down the road and stopped at a stop sign and heard a loud thump like it had come unlatched and when I got home I just pushed in the hood pins and was ready for me to open it. Something just doesn't seem right with it.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
If the hood is not dropped just right the hood doesn’t close correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
If the hood is not dropped just right the hood doesn’t close correctly.
Agree and had no indication that it wasn’t that’s the strange part until driving it down the road a couple of miles. I’m gonna drive it tomorrow and see what happens. Appreciate the insight everyone.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a misalignment with the hood release cable or mechanism. Take it in to be checked out for sure. I guess another reason the hood pins are freaking great to have. I was on the highway yesterday and it was nice not to see the hood shaking like a ....... in a ......., I better not use this joke lol.

It was nice and still!

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Probably a misalignment with the hood release cable or mechanism. Take it in to be checked out for sure. I guess another reason the hood pins are freaking great to have. I was on the highway yesterday and it was nice not to see the hood shaking like a ....... in a ......., I better not use this joke lol.

It was nice and still!
Jamie take a look at this pic and curious if yours is like this if your look at the headlight above it where the hood and fender line is you can see my right side has more gap. Now it’s really starting to bug me with the gap.
DFAA87A7-9B08-4E7D-A9C5-95064DF2BA8B.jpeg

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I had his. No need to take it in. The actual latching mechanism is sitting too low. Loosen the 2 bolts and move up. Try again. U meay have to repeat this to get it just right, but much faster than taking to a dealer

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie take a look at this pic and curious if yours is like this if your look at the headlight above it where the hood and fender line is you can see my right side has more gap. Now it’s really starting to bug me with the gap.
DFAA87A7-9B08-4E7D-A9C5-95064DF2BA8B.jpeg
I think you are talking about the gap spacing between the hood and fender, which is common. Open the hood and loosen the top fender bolts and push the fender towards the hood to close the gap.

Steve is 100% right on how to adjust the hood latch, I suggested taking it in for your peace of mind, and not knowing how much you tinker. Looking at mine, the hood closes tighter, and the fender/hood gaps are perfect.

jaime-car_2.jpg

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
The more I see of actual (non professional) photos, the more I realize I SEVERELY underestimated how ****ing good blue looks on these cars.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The more I see of actual (non professional) photos, the more I realize I SEVERELY underestimated how ****ing good blue looks on these cars.
I can tell you with certainty, FPB must be seen in person to really appreciate it. Cameras do not capture its beauty, and as good as editing does a picture, it always makes them look more like the other velocity blue. I knew I had to have FPB with white stripes the second I imagined having my first Shelby. Iconic with black stripes was my second choice.

What surprise me, is just how much I like the car in other colors. I saw my first (and only second 2020 GT500 in person) lime green yesterday and I was really surprised how nice it looked. I would not own the green personally, but it is an eye catching car.

Here is the unedited version
IMG_0415.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys you rock!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: You are correct about the images in that few people have calibrated displays. What will look nearly correct on one display can look completely different on another.

Mine is calibrated or at least it's very close and that blue is quite the challenge. However, if an image is captured correctly and at an adequate resolution, it should look no different than it does with the human eye. The key is in getting the correct image to start with and that isn't always easy. Plus, I probably bumped the saturation up too much on those images I sent, it's a bad habit of mine. <chuckling>
Sponsored