mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Looking for alignment specs recommendations. I know there are a couple people on here with lots of suspensions knowledge (@BmacIL @Bluemustang @Roadway 5.0). Looking to see what they, and anyone else for that matter, recommend for this specific alignment.

2019 Mustang GT no PP, Steeda minimum drop springs, Ford track shocks/struts, Steeda alignment dowels and bushing locks, camber bolts if needed. I am not a corner carver, though I do enjoy a spirited backroad drive, I’m either going under the speed limit in town or 120mph+ on the autobahn. Looking for a good all around alignment set up, with a focus on high speed stability, to tell the shop after suspension install.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for alignment specs recommendations. I know there are a couple people on here with lots of suspensions knowledge (@BmacIL @Bluemustang @Roadway 5.0). Looking to see what they, and anyone else for that matter, recommend for this specific alignment.

2019 Mustang GT no PP, Steeda minimum drop springs, Ford track shocks/struts, Steeda alignment dowels and bushing locks, camber bolts if needed. I am not a corner carver, though I do enjoy a spirited backroad drive, I’m either going under the speed limit in town or 120mph+ on the autobahn. Looking for a good all around alignment set up, with a focus on high speed stability, to tell the shop after suspension install.

Thanks for any help.
Front
Camber: -1.5
Caster will end up around 7.0
Toe: 0.02-0.05 per side, 0.00 steer ahead

Rear
Camber: -1.2-1.3
Toe: 0.10-0.12 per side, 0.00 thrust angle

Enjoy!

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Thanks to both of you for getting back to me. Also realized I forgot @Norm Peterson as one of the suspension gurus. I know there's more people, but I have learned a lot from the ones I tagged. I found an alignment shop close by that looks like it can take care of that to my specs. Just waiting on a couple more tools and parts and I will be doing the install. Then a trip to the Nuerburgring now that it's open.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks.
Front

Rear

Enjoy!
Thanks. So are you recommending toe-in? I went for .05 toe-out. Can you explain the difference (pros and cons) of each? I'm due for an alignment soon.

Also, on a related note - does spacers in the front wheel increase steering feedback?

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Front

Rear

Enjoy!
Thanks for the specs! I had HPJ Performance set the alignment on my car going off your recommendation when they were prepping my car for a 1/2 mile event coming up and the car feels great at 150+mph.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

Thanks. So are you recommending toe-in? I went for .05 toe-out. Can you explain the difference (pros and cons) of each? I'm due for an alignment soon.

Also, on a related note - does spacers in the front wheel increase steering feedback?
Toe out will increase turn-in response at the expense of stability (twitchy steering) and corner exit grip in the front. Toe in does the opposite. Both will increase initial steering feel, though.

Spacers will increase steering feedback and effort.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Toe out will increase turn-in response at the expense of stability (twitchy steering) and corner exit grip in the front. Toe in does the opposite. Both will increase initial steering feel, though.

Spacers will increase steering feedback and effort.
How can both toe in and toe out increase initial steering feel? In my experience, toe out makes the steering lighter (more turn for less effort), and toe in makes the steering heavier, more self centering, and less initial turnin. They dont both increase “feel” whatever feel means.

FWIW mid corner, toe in is (according to others) supposed to make the car more prone to oversteer (outside front loaded tire is turned in a bit) and toe out makes the car understeer (outside front tire is turned out slightly)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How can both toe in and toe out increase initial steering feel? In my experience, toe out makes the steering lighter (more turn for less effort), and toe in makes the steering heavier, more self centering, and less initial turnin. They dont both increase “feel” whatever feel means.

FWIW mid corner, toe in is (according to others) supposed to make the car more prone to oversteer (outside front loaded tire is turned in a bit) and toe out makes the car understeer (outside front tire is turned out slightly)
It means they both induce a small slip angle on the tire and thus produce more feedback/weight initially than zero. At very small toe angles it's pretty subtle though.

And your second part, we agree. You just stated it better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Front

Rear

Enjoy!
To be clear, the toe measurements are degrees right? One more since it's been years since I have done an alignment. Positive toe is toe IN?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear, the toe measurements are degrees right? One more since it's been years since I have done an alignment. Positive toe is toe IN?
Correct for both.

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Suspension install and alignment done. On a road trip right now that took me through some really open stretches of autobahn. Huge difference in stability at speed now. Thanks to everyone for the input.
Sponsored