Sponsored

Alignment Specs?

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
The reason I say that is cause the guy who installed my coils and the guy who did my alignment both said the same thing but I thought that was weird myself
Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
The reason I say that is cause the guy who installed my coils and the guy who did my alignment both said the same thing but I thought that was weird myself
they are difficult to see and get to with how the rear IRS is. Sounds like they don't really know what they were looking for. There is an eccentric bolt that is buried up in there where the upper control arm connects to the subframe.

This is from the Ford OEM service manual that states nothing about it being PP. #2 is the bolt they should be using to loosen and use a pry bar to push the upper arm to get less negative camber. The problem is there is only so much adjustment without an adjustable toe link. The problem is more in the toe and not in the camber with these cars from what I've experienced personally.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
If you change springs and rims, are you supposed to still get it aligned to factory specs? I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole alignment thing. I have Eibach pro's and swapped my factory 19's to the GT PP wheels on my Eco. So I'm trying to figure out what specs to tell the shop to follow.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you change springs and rims, are you supposed to still get it aligned to factory specs? I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole alignment thing. I have Eibach pro's and swapped my factory 19's to the GT PP wheels on my Eco. So I'm trying to figure out what specs to tell the shop to follow.
If you go to the dealer, they are going to put it back to factory spec.. which is very very sloppy given their + - . You're best bet is to go to a professional shop that deals strictly in this type of stuff. Lowered performance cars. It all depends on what you want out of the car too. I tried going to the dealer the first time, gave them some specs and they half ass got close and I had to make them do some more adjusting. They told me that's the best they can do on the rear and I had almost -3 degrees of camber and gave no advice on toe.

I ordered the Steeda toe links, found a local high performance high end race shop, took them the car and they asked me what I wanted out of it. I explained my driving style, how I use the car and what I was looking for and he let stay under and with the car with him the whole time as we made adjustments. The car feels absolutely amazing now. You really need to find a shop you can trust and let them set the car up according to how you want it to drive.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
they are difficult to see and get to with how the rear IRS is. Sounds like they don't really know what they were looking for. There is an eccentric bolt that is buried up in there where the upper control arm connects to the subframe.

This is from the Ford OEM service manual that states nothing about it being PP. #2 is the bolt they should be using to loosen and use a pry bar to push the upper arm to get less negative camber. The problem is there is only so much adjustment without an adjustable toe link. The problem is more in the toe and not in the camber with these cars from what I've experienced personally.
I see. Thanks for the pics. Does that clip by bolt 2 move? Looks like it's locked in there

Sponsored

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Yes, that clip moves and allows the arm to be adjusted once it's loose.
If you move the clip out of that locked position won't it move and cause your alignment to be off once you hit a curb or big hole in the road?

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you move the clip out of that locked position won't it move and cause your alignment to be off once you hit a curb or big hole in the road?
It only moves when the eccentric bolt is loosened. Once you tighten everything back up it doesn't move. I think it's part of the actual eccentric bolt. There's nothing to worry about once the camber is set and everything is tightened back up.