Sponsored

High Performance Ecoboost vs Performance Pack GT

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, mine was a 2017. I've heard MK8 adds a bit of the fun back, but it's almost irrelevant until there's actually stock at dealers without absurd markups. I guess that's par for the course for any lower production fun cars right now.

It's not that I didn't like the car per se, it just didn't excite me. Having a V8 under my hood does though, so even though the S550 is heavy and numb in its own ways, the theatre element is off the charts which helps a lot. The Golf pretty much never sounds good no matter what you do to it, although you can make them pretty fast. Most four cylinders unfortunately fall into this category, for me at least. Even if a car is technically impressive in every way, if there isn't some sort of theatre or character added to the mix, it's very easy to just take the entire experience for granted and the fun factor wears off.
Don't disagree that it is hard to beat a V8 for the sound and oompf when you floor it, however I am not really comaping the GT to the R. The better comparison with sound is the ECO, it just happens that stock for stock the R can keep up with the GT, at least on a road course. For a dedicated weekend car I would always choose the Mustang if it is a GT. I would still choose the R over the ECO regardless if it were a daily, weekend warrior or track stud. IMHO the R is without a doubt better than the Mustang ECO with the exception being looks... both have their pros and cons, but a Mustang looks better than the R to me.

Yep the current R is nearly impossible to find and when you do you will find them marked up as high as 20k:crackup:. Whenever the prices come down to earth, I will probably get one (2023 I guess). I may keep my GT as well....well because it is a damn Mustang!
Sponsored

Britton219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang 2.3 HP chassis #10
I got a Ecoboost HPP and for a few reasons, less than a gt, better mileage, and cheaper insurance, hell I'm 60 and still a bit of a gear head, however the 10speed auto is nice, bad clutch leg! And commuting 480 miles 1 way to work every week, easy on fuel vers my 15 mpg truck, and of course it's a mustang!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
thats why people wanted to trade fenders lol. otherwise they'd just pop off the badges. leaves I think 3 or 4 holes
Just two, but it sucks regardless. My fender badges would be gone if not for the holes, body color ones was as close I could get to total stealth.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I came from a 2019 EB PP magneride (non HPP but had FP tune) to a 2021 GT premium non magneride. Both 6spd

My experience. I loved my EB but always felt I was missing the more I wanted. But wouldn't have ever swapped had it not be for mine being a lemon and coming out so far ahead in value by going GT premium.

Now that I did. I absolutely do not regret it.

Can I tell I no longer have magneride. Yes I can and it was nice. But I no longer feel its a must. It did not drastically change things as others have commented in my personal experience.

Can I tell the nose is heavier. Yep. But i honestly can not tell that much difference while hanging in the twisties that I would feel would make me want an EB over GT now.

Did I get better fuel mileage. That depends solely on how I drove either one but on average 4mpg more in EB and tbh not enough to cause me to swap back.

Did my insurance go up. Yes again. By 28$ again not enough to warrant me not staying with my GT.

GT is way funner to drive. The sound. The high rpm pull. The HP. Just all around worth the small things I lost.

Again all subjective to personal views. And I loved my EB and wouldn't have swapped if things didn't play out like they did. But boy im glad they did..

Also a side note. If you think in the slightest bit you would have missed out on something by buying one over the other. Definitely get that one now. Otherwise you will always feel you were and never fully satisfied even if you truly weren't.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I got a Ecoboost HPP and for a few reasons, less than a gt, better mileage, and cheaper insurance, hell I'm 60 and still a bit of a gear head, however the 10speed auto is nice, bad clutch leg! And commuting 480 miles 1 way to work every week, easy on fuel vers my 15 mpg truck, and of course it's a mustang!
Excuse me but WHAT? Do you not value your time? Lol

Sponsored

djpayne2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Quick is acceleration. Fast is velocity.

The EB is drama free at speed thanks to lighter front end and overall superior balance and weight distribution.

GT is all drama ...kind of like the the ghetto butch with big butt and popular slang lingo VS the Manahattan balerina with PhD and five languages at 24 LOL.
I keep hearing this better balance argument. It maybe slightly better. As previously mentioned. Coming from both with 20k on EB and 10k on GT. While I can feel the weight in the front it definitely does not affect my ability to handle curves including hairpin at a high rate of speed even not having the handling pack.

I will definitely give credit where it is due. And that is the quick remark.

That EB TQ especially with a small tune hits low and hard compared to a stock GT and immediately off the line I give it to the EB until the GT hits around 4-4500rpm.

A YouTube video even highlighted this against a gt350.

And TBH to me thats what makes an EB so dang fun. That immediate downlow push back TQ.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
there is no resale value in an EcoBoost nor fun factor
The resale return on the dollar is comparable between an EB and a GT. I got a deal deal on my 15ā€™ EB. And because it looked better than new when I traded it in I also got top dollar for it.

It also was plenty of fun. It may not have had the sound but a 300+ HP Mustang is a ton of fun.

Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The resale return on the dollar is comparable between an EB and a GT. I got a deal deal on my 15ā€™ EB. And because it looked better than new when I traded it in I also got top dollar for it.

It also was plenty of fun. It may not have had the sound but a 300+ HP Mustang is a ton of fun.

I think years to come anyone holding onto a V8 muscle car will be very happy as the landscape looks to remove them from the hwys

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I was going from a 300hp 2006 auto GT to a new S550. When I started looking I was leaning to the eb. It was a lot cheaper and had as much hp as my 4.6l V8. The thing that did it for me was the Coyote and that sweet exhaust. Iā€™m 65 and still canā€™t give up on the V8 yet. with every car manufacturer pushing EV and boosted 4 bangers, I had to make my stand šŸ˜ Get what you really want or youā€™ll be second guessing your purchase every day you drive it. Good luck!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there is no resale value in an EcoBoost nor fun factor
I'm flipping my EB 8 weeks after buying it for 4000 over MSRP. Admittedly it's the morons at Carvana offering that much money. The dealers are only offering a tad over MSRP.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec