Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
I'm honestly at a cross roads here, gang, and I need some help. Title says it all so I'll give a little color.
Yes, we know a PP GT will be faster than a EB HPP car. What I'm worried about is something you can't measure... FUN.

S550 Cars I've tested
BASE GT 6spd
Bullitt (so a loaded GT with performance pack)
Ecoboost HPP with the handling pack (unfortunately it wasn't a 6spd)

first things first, the hpp EB car with the handling pack looks amazing.

1654868300172.png

It shockingly sounds good, looks awesome, is way less expensive, and is lighter. the EB is supposed to be like 150+ lbs off the nose.
Its supposed to feel more nimble, but I had a fat salesman and my son with me when i drove this autotragic version so I don't think it was a fair shake.

So here's my question to anyone with experience with both:

does the 2018+ GT with the performance pack really suffer from the extra weight on the nose or is this given too much attention?

Obviously money matters but it isn't a driving force in this situation. I LOVED the bullitt but it had magneride and if i get a GT with PP it won't so I'm not sure how much that affects things.... I'm really annoyed with the lack of cars to test drive right now.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Can say either car is way more than enough for the street

pick what you like. Not what others like
Seconded. Everyone at my office drives Audi, Mercedes, BMW or other high end luxury cars. I actually got into Merc because of that. First a C300 then a C43 a year later. None of that is "me".

Then I got my 2021 fully loaded GT Premium. I'm the only guy in the underground with a muscle car and I LOVE it. It suits my personality and temperment. They all look at me like a peasant but I don't even care.

1654869474082.png

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Maybe you should check out that white Mach 1 sitting right there.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I'm honestly at a cross roads here, gang, and I need some help. Title says it all so I'll give a little color.
Yes, we know a PP GT will be faster than a EB HPP car. What I'm worried about is something you can't measure... FUN.

S550 Cars I've tested
BASE GT 6spd
Bullitt (so a loaded GT with performance pack)
Ecoboost HPP with the handling pack (unfortunately it wasn't a 6spd)

first things first, the hpp EB car with the handling pack looks amazing.

1654868300172.png

It shockingly sounds good, looks awesome, is way less expensive, and is lighter. the EB is supposed to be like 150+ lbs off the nose.
Its supposed to feel more nimble, but I had a fat salesman and my son with me when i drove this autotragic version so I don't think it was a fair shake.

So here's my question to anyone with experience with both:

does the 2018+ GT with the performance pack really suffer from the extra weight on the nose or is this given too much attention?

Obviously money matters but it isn't a driving force in this situation. I LOVED the bullitt but it had magneride and if i get a GT with PP it won't so I'm not sure how much that affects things.... I'm really annoyed with the lack of cars to test drive right now.
With the way gas is going... the EB is probably the smart buy. That black car you posted looks great with those PP2 type wheels. The auto isn't so bad.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Seconded. Everyone at my office drives Audi, Mercedes, BMW or other high end luxury cars. I actually got into Merc because of that. First a C300 then a C43 a year later. None of that is "me".

Then I got my 2021 fully loaded GT Premium. I'm the only guy in the underground with a muscle car and I LOVE it. It suits my personality and temperment. They all look at me like a peasant but I don't even care.

1654869474082.png
You're awesome.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
Maybe you should check out that white Mach 1 sitting right there.
nah. that's way too much and I'm not a fan of stickers.

I'm so not concerned about all out speed that I want to check out a GR86 but those are also impossible to find right now.

if i had to order today it would be a GT base with PP no spoiler and 301A atlas blue with the fancy forged wheels... just wish i could find a hpp 6spd to drive.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
As many have stated in a few other threads that have started around it Magneride is something that once you experience it you don't want to go without it. It really does change the suspension dynamics a whole lot and I would definitely suggest at least getting that no matter which car you end up going with.

Absolutely go with whatever tickles your fancy the most and not what others suggest as far as the GT/EB. I will say that the V8 has fun built into the noise, at least for me and some others.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Sponsored
OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
extra cost doesn't seem worth it. i work from home now so this isn't a commuter/daily driver.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
The Randy Probst MotorTrend video is great but it's an auto. The other video is OK and has your 6spd. Maybe you've already watched them but it looks like a great car. F that GR86.

Watch "2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost on the Track! | Tire Rack's Hot Lap | MotorTrend" on YouTube

Watch "Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack // This or V8 GT?" on YouTube

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
extra cost doesn't seem worth it. i work from home now so this isn't a commuter/daily driver.
Even more reason to get one with MR. If you're buying it as a toy (full disclosure - that's why I bought mine, as I commute in my truck), you want it to have all the fun bits.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
isn't MR more of a flexibility thing than a performance thing?

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
isn't MR more of a flexibility thing than a performance thing?
No, it is actually very good for hard driving, all the performance Mustangs are equipped with it, including that black HPP in the picture you posted. A few suspension mods and it is really good. 5.0 or HPP they are both fun cars, can't go wrong with either. I chose a HPP HP 6sp because I already own several V8 Mustangs so was curious about the HPP, and I'm very happy with it, I autocross it regularly in CAM-C and it does very well with a not so experienced driver.
Sponsored