5.2ddk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
5.2ddk
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have normal cold starts in the morning and the highest Engine oil pressure at start up is 105-106psi, no more than that. Then when the engine is finally getting warm it levels out at 40-45psi lowest 38-39psi, Now when I’m driving, I noticed when going Into 3rd gear 2,500- almost to 3k rpm it’s like 105PSI or 108psi. That can’t be normal right? My Engine Oil Pressure never been that high. 4th gear cruising I’m at like 101PSI, I thought it would usually be a little lower until I get into 5th. What do y’all think? What are you guys daily readings?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Worried about to high oil pressure.. first time for everything I guess.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the 18+ motors have a 2-level pump. At ~3000-3500 RPM (also large throttle openings?) it switches to high pressure mode.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Worried about to high oil pressure.. first time for everything I guess.
Remember, high oil pressure can be just as much of an indication to a problem as low oil pressure. Depending where it's located, debris and stuff like that in an oil passage would actually cause oil pressure to increase. Remember from physics class; pressure by definition is 'restriction to flow'. Sometimes not good, if not worse.

And for certain, once you have an established engine with steady pressure over x amount of time, an increase in oil pressure can absolutely be an indicator of something bad.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
5.2ddk

5.2ddk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
5.2ddk
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
the 18+ motors have a 2-level pump. At ~3000-3500 RPM (also large throttle openings?) it switches to high pressure mode.
Remember, high oil pressure can be just as much of an indication to a problem as low oil pressure. Depending where it's located, debris and stuff like that in an oil passage would actually cause oil pressure to increase. Remember from physics class; pressure by definition is 'restriction to flow'. Sometimes not good, if not worse.

And for certain, once you have an established engine with steady pressure over x amount of time, an increase in oil pressure can absolutely be an indicator of something bad.
Right, and I’m trying to weight out my options and Etc. And I recently got my E85 Tune and I only had E85 in the tank literally just for a week to tell the differences and everything ag the track. Then I switched back to 93. Not too mention, I checked my oil a few days ago because time for an oil change was coming around so I always get my oil changed before the oil light come on. I checked the dipsticks and black smut rubbed off the paper towel it wasn’t much at all. So now I’m trying to see what is what. I just got my car back today from an oil change & getting my Codes looked at because my car threw a CEL last Thursday night. Code P0300, multiple misfires. My mechanic said he couldn’t find anything!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
For multiple misfire, check out spark plugs, their gaps, and how secure the coils are, the connectors going into the coils, etc.

Sponsored