Help with emissions readiness

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Worst that will happen is you will have a check engine light on.
Shouldn’t effect my other tunes though? So worst comes to worst I just reflash the other tunes?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yep

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Worst that will happen is you will have a check engine light on.
Yeah this. I thought I might have to use some trickery to get everything green with no cels and ready to go but I lucked out.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
In all seriousness, sell it, buy a drop in reusable filter (I like GreenFilters personally) and rock that. 15-17 may make sense to upgrade the intake being that it is smaller diameter (and that is probably up for debate), but 18+ shouldn't touch it unless you go boosted or CJ.

If the 18+ stock intake was out when I did my mods that is what I would run. I just don't feel like getting a CEL and paying Lund more $ to get a retune for it.

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
In all seriousness, sell it, buy a drop in reusable filter (I like GreenFilters personally) and rock that. 15-17 may make sense to upgrade the intake being that it is smaller diameter (and that is probably up for debate), but 18+ shouldn't touch it unless you go boosted or CJ.

If the 18+ stock intake was out when I did my mods that is what I would run. I just don't feel like getting a CEL and paying Lund more $ to get a retune for it.
Yea I bought it a couple months ago just cause it seemed reasonable. I’ve had a K&N drop in now for a few thousand miles now and yea that’s the only thing holding me back from putting it on

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Update:

So it threw the 2 codes for inefficient cats. Just barely over limits with the kooks race cats. I got $12 amazon defoulers and now everything is green and says ready for emissions.
Just curious but how long did you have to run the car for in order for the checks to actually complete?