Help an EcoNOOB

OP
OP

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Thanks a lot for the help guys. i very much appreciate it. Does anyone here have experience with the MAP 93 tune they offer if you buy the cobb v3 from them? just curious to how it compares to other off the shelf tunes.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Thanks a lot for the help guys. i very much appreciate it. Does anyone here have experience with the MAP 93 tune they offer if you buy the cobb v3 from them? just curious to how it compares to other off the shelf tunes.
Yeah I used it and it was great no problems at all car felt faster than the Cobb Canned tune. I recommend it for anyone not ready to spend for a custom tune just yet..................but you will eventually, trust me:D

OP
OP

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Just want to thank you guys again for the help! i really feel a lot better about sticking with the car :cheers:

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
I'd say the tune is no more likely to make the engine blow, if done properly and you look after the car (which no doubt you will do).

The difference is, with the tune, you may not be covered by warrantty if the engine goes. Ask yourself if you're covered by engine warranty at the moment, if if so, are you willing to risk the cost of an engine for the benefit of having the tune?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Id say go with the Ford Performance Tune. It may not be the most powerful compared to pro-tunes (still miles better than stock, I have it), but its one of the safest due to the amount of testing went into it. And if installed by a dealer or ASE shop, FP gives a warranty until the car has been owned 3 years or until it hits 36K miles. Good little peace of mind knowing it comes with a warranty. Not saying pro-tunes arent safe as many members get protunes and have no issues, its just way harder to find a dealer that will work with you if its not tuned by FP if something goes wrong. Now some dealers wont help regardless what aftermarket tune ur running, but IMO, it would be easier to find a dealer to help you if the car is running a FP tune over a non-FP tune. Just my thoughts

Sponsored

OP
OP

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Id say go with the Ford Performance Tune. It may not be the most powerful compared to pro-tunes (still miles better than stock, I have it), but its one of the safest due to the amount of testing went into it. And if installed by a dealer or ASE shop, FP gives a warranty until the car has been owned 3 years or until it hits 36K miles. Good little peace of mind knowing it comes with a warranty. Not saying pro-tunes arent safe as many members get protunes and have no issues, its just way harder to find a dealer that will work with you if its not tuned by FP if something goes wrong. Now some dealers wont help regardless what aftermarket tune ur running, but IMO, it would be easier to find a dealer to help you if the car is running a FP tune over a non-FP tune. Just my thoughts
That was originally my goal but the lure of the cobb along with black friday deals messed that up for me :headbonk:. i may not tune it until i have a couple bolt ons just to ease my mind when the tune is on the car. i suppose i can still go for it just to play it safe but knowing me i will end up going all in and hope for the best.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
That was originally my goal but the lure of the cobb along with black friday deals messed that up for me :headbonk:. i may not tune it until i have a couple bolt ons just to ease my mind when the tune is on the car. i suppose i can still go for it just to play it safe but knowing me i will end up going all in and hope for the best.
If you have the Cobb already, Id go with a Tune+ tune over the can tune on the cobb anyday. Im sure u have heard of him on this forum. He can tune according to ur mods and specs and from what I am hearing from many of his customers is that the car feels safer and faster than the cobb tunes. At least get an intercooler during this process since he can squeeze more power out than the FP tune. Its not absolutely necessary but if u do end up stepping on it more than u think (which you will lol), then u will be glad u have one. Happy Modding!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
The question is not about Cobb... the question you must ask yourself is if you can (or willing to) pay for an engine if you have a worst case scenario.

Wait a couple of weeks and you can sell the cobb and maybe break even or take a little loss.

Only you know your financial situation... I'd have no issues having to pay 7k for an engine, but I'd not want to. I know some people who would be financially ruined for years if they had to pay 7k. I also know a lot of people in between those two situations.

I see when people start making money or have money saved (like for a house), they want to spend a little of it -- you know, "only live once". It is there and itching away at them. Sometimes you have to keep the focus. House or cool toys????

Or can you swing them both and wait a little longer on the house. :)

OP
OP

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
The question is not about Cobb... the question you must ask yourself is if you can (or willing to) pay for an engine if you have a worst case scenario.

Wait a couple of weeks and you can sell the cobb and maybe break even or take a little loss.

Only you know your financial situation... I'd have no issues having to pay 7k for an engine, but I'd not want to. I know some people who would be financially ruined for years if they had to pay 7k. I also know a lot of people in between those two situations.

I see when people start making money or have money saved (like for a house), they want to spend a little of it -- you know, "only live once". It is there and itching away at them. Sometimes you have to keep the focus. House or cool toys????

Or can you swing them both and wait a little longer on the house. :)
Very true, its a constant battle especially since summer is on the way an i'd love to have my car modded for shows and what not lol. If it did blow it wouldn't ruin me but i dont want to spend that just yet. i do have plans to build it or maybe buy a built block from a vendor but thats after i get comfortable in a new house (hopefully lol ). Appreciate the feedback!

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Very true, its a constant battle especially since summer is on the way an i'd love to have my car modded for shows and what not lol. If it did blow it wouldn't ruin me but i dont want to spend that just yet. i do have plans to build it or maybe buy a built block from a vendor but thats after i get comfortable in a new house (hopefully lol ). Appreciate the feedback!

I never wanted a house when I was your age... still "really" don't want one but a deal I could not refuse knocked and I took it.

I'm debt adverse and often give personal finance sessions to family and friends (simple stuff like budgets, money management, etc). I was hoping you would not get offended... some people do.

You sound like a level-headed young man... sure you will make the right decisions. I wish you the best. :)

OP
OP

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I never wanted a house when I was your age... still "really" don't want one but a deal I could not refuse knocked and I took it.

I'm debt adverse and often give personal finance sessions to family and friends (simple stuff like budgets, money management, etc). I was hoping you would not get offended... some people do.

You sound like a level-headed young man... sure you will make the right decisions. I wish you the best. :)
Thank you very much man, i try to be. Im actually looking into a 2-3 family house so i can rent out, and try to earn another income. Easier said than done (especially living in NY) but that is the goal :)

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Another option that is usually BASHED is the Pedalmax. It fits the bill for me since I am very concerned about maintaining my CPO warranty. I am a driver that drives full throttle very seldom. Do the occasional 0 to 60 and such. It just simple applies about 70% more throttle to the CPU then before. It does nothing for the top end drop off or overall HP but under normal everyday spirited driving it has a lot more power. It makes driving in drive mode pretty good. In sport mode almost to much. Believe me I have tried to train my foot to just do the same thing to save the cost but I always continue to use this. I can honestly say it is just as powerful as a GT that I drove in everyday type of driving. Pedal to the floor, well thats a much different story then.
Sponsored