OP
OP
Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Well i decide yesterday would be a good day to install thd Upr Dv catch can with clean and dirty lines,I must say they have created a wondefful product,While I was at it I decided to remove the plenum and install the BOOMBA,lol billet intake spacer,which made installing the catch can lines that much easier to route,The spacer fit fine against the intake,And the offset engine cover adapters are so so,(short of the fact it causes the driver side of the cover to sit .250 taller then the left,It was easy to install,Until I realised that factory coolant line hard mount stud no longer reaches the base corner of the plenum for the slip in and 13mm nut,You can try and pry all you want like a hacker,but if you get it to line up you will be preloading a plastic bomb,No way no how was it reaching,being the intake is shifted .750 also the aluminium spacer absorbs so much heat that it was to hot to even touch,way hotter then the polymer,So off it came and back into the box,If it provides an incling of tip in performance it would have to be offset some how with the added heat to the air tract,I cant imangine its acting like a heatsink and dissapating but rather then storing heat.Customer service is lip service at this point,But thats the evaluation so far,It may do something in super cold enviroments but nothing measurable as of yet.

Hundreds of these have been sold so im told,Must be alot of people dont mind having a coolant hard line just flapping in the breeze,not this kid.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Also installed my aem dry panel filter and cobb stage 1 91 tune,Seems to be a bit more torquey,pulls a little harder to redline,Im sure it will feel much better come winter time,So far pretty happy with the result,easy to work on fun to tinker with.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
And here is the awesone email that was forwarded to me a guy named Kamil after the purchase of the spacer,convienient I thought.

You don’t bolt coolant line back to the manifold after intake spacer is installed. Spacer has the same temperature as the head which is normal since spacer is made out of aluminum. We sold many units of this product and have lots of happy customers, we have put thousands of miles with the product installed on our shop car and have had no issues at all.
You benefit from the increased length of the intake runners and the increased plenum volume.
Sponsored