Sponsored

Ecoboost mods proven or disproven results

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Does anyone have any results with using the intake manifold spacer from c@l and the throttlebody spacer as well,promoting bottom and mid range torque for this little grunt seem to be a good idea,I know tip in power tends to suffer when modding,does anyone have any actual data good or bad on extending the intake runner lengths a bit,Not looking to rev it to the moon with a factory turbo,Its a 331 geared auto and I prefer good bottom end and mid range torque,I would think this added length would help recover shortend shift points.
Sponsored

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Yeah throttle body spaces and manifold spacers for these things are useless unless you're using them for meth or aux fuel. They worked on carbureted engines but not on these.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Have you tested these components or tried them out.Looks like a couple of companys have picked up substantial mid range grunt,And yes the tb spacer will be primarily for meth injection.Thanks for the input.

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Adam and multiple others have already confirmed that they have no benefit for efi engines.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
promoting bottom and mid range torque for this little grunt seem to be a good idea.
Anyone with a tune is probably hovering around 360-410 rear wheel torque. That is an awesome amount of low/midrange power compared to the top of the power band. Throttle body spacers on a port injected car, if they sold them for a dollar they wouldn't be worth it. They were designed to benefit caurberated motors really. A direct injection turbo you will notice nothing.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I bought the stuff allready,being the car still has a factory tune,I want to dyno the spacers before and after.They are allready paid for.worse comes to worse I can use them for Meth injection of some sort couple hundred for the pair wasnt too bad.I really want to base line a few components for my records in case my own customers want to try certain things,Thanks for the input.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
:popcorn: In for the results....

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Me too,Not doing a thing until the weather is perfect,I need consistsnt variables before keeping parts on the car,Cool little pet science project,,I did the coyote thing for 10 months,Got sick of the unpredictability of the mt82 trans,Had all the best stuff tossed at the trans and it still gave me issues,It was a 19000 mile silver brembo,paint was garbage,and the rear end howled,I put 1800 miles on it and sold it,Had the Bbq tick too,At least this Eb auto is point, tune and click,simple and good on fuel.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd like to see independent testing of the car stock vs the car with only the spacers. I'd love to see that debate finally end, one way or the other. You could probably even do it on the same day since pulling the IM can easily be done in about 15 minutes. Heck, you could install them on the cool down between pulls.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yeah I like the idea too,even if it only promotes an increase in cruise tip in torque,out of boost id be plenty fine with that,I know some of this stuff is probably pointless,but I like testing parts,especially when stuff is inexpensive to try.
Sponsored