Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just wanted to share the difference in the before and after with the UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang !

The video is just playing around at UPR and the difference is no tune to the UPR tune is incredible
and I ran the car in a video a few weeks ago doing using the same protocol in driving style and
rpm. Except now the car doesn't just spin in first and second a bit. It literally cooks the tires
through 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gear.

The tank was dead full and I weigh in at 220lbs. so there is no weight break other than the
2.3L engine that is a FORCE to be reckoned with !

I am sure these cars have a lot better than mid 12's with a few bolt-ons and stock tires well into
the 110+ range with ease. The weather here is nothing to brag about being warm and humid as
usual. I have not run it on the dyno for numbers yet. Just got it together with the correct fuel
and timing curve for these results.

I'm running the ATP Downpipe, Airaid Cold Air Intake, SCT X4 and a
UPR Dual Valve catch Can Kit. These components really compliment
each other and should be the best direction for any EcoBeast !

UPR Ecoboost Mustang Mod List and Thoughts:

Off-Road ATP Downpipe fits awesome and keeps the car super quiet.
SCT-X4 with UPR Custom Tune drives sweet and makes wicked power.
Airaid Cold Air Intake is Top Quality and the difference was noticeable without the tune.
UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System with Wide Open Throttle Connection for improved throttle response and unmatched oil control.

This was really more to share having fun in the UPR Ecoboost Mustang.

You can see the videos on the UPR facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamUPR

Hope you guys enjoyed the short video.

:cheers:
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Aw, I thought this was going to be a post about your updates to the catch can... Glad to hear the car is running well. Any data and or pictures of how much oil has accumulated in the can?

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Aw, I thought this was going to be a post about your updates to the catch can... Glad to hear the car is running well. Any data and or pictures of how much oil has accumulated in the can?
LOL, sorry let me get out there and check it out. I'll post pictures of it and the oil it has collected. The system does make the throttle response a little crisper and drive smoother.

BRB.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

This is what you get after 600 -700 miles of hard driving 60% on the throttle 40% cruising with the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can. About 1.5 ounces of oil and a strong fuel smell in the contents. I have been driving it like I stole it since the tune to see what problems would surface if any. During this time I kept getting overboost code. LOL

Other than that I am extremely pleased with the performance of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System and wouldn't dream of running a non-pressure sensitive catch can system. This is not the old days anymore and to set the bar using the latest technology this is what it requires.

It won't be long and many other manufacturers will be following this setup just so they won't be offering a sub-par product that does not truly give you the performance benefits and protect your engine like a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System with the Wide Open Throttle Connection.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The catch can system looks great Joe. The new no drill installation system should be a real winner. :thumbsup:

Jim

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks for the update Joe. For the bolt on system how are you integrating the WOT connection? Wondering because I'll be putting on my FFTEC CAI as soon as it shows up. If the bolt on solution isn't something that will work for aftermarket CAI's there's no reason to wait on it, I'll just get the system that requires drilling.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update Joe. For the bolt on system how are you integrating the WOT connection? Wondering because I'll be putting on my FFTEC CAI as soon as it shows up. If the bolt on solution isn't something that will work for aftermarket CAI's there's no reason to wait on it, I'll just get the system that requires drilling.
Let me know when you get the air intake and what size the tubing is at the Turbo to see if we have a connector that will make the install easier.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Let me know when you get the air intake and what size the tubing is at the Turbo to see if we have a connector that will make the install easier.
Should be here this coming Friday. It should be 3.5 inches all the way to the coupler that connects to the turbo. But I'll measure it and let you know when it shows up.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Would it be possible to use the port for the BPV recirculation tube and just run the BPV as a VTA setup?

Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I'm going to exercise restraint when it comes to purchasing upgrades. At first, I think. But I know myself well and I'll be in deep before I know it, I'm sure. :lol:

I'd like to be able to perform as many mods as I can, without having to involve anyone else or a shop if I can help it. For starters, I have a decent set of tools that have been long neglected, and I haven't found anyone in Seattle tricking out cars like this. Yet. I've only been here since May, and haven't poked around too much. The video you shared piques my curiosity. I'd like for my car to be able to perform like that.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Got it on the Dyno yet? What are your impressions vs your sct tune
I will be on the dyno this week with our Ecoboost Mustang. As far as the tune comparison the LMS exhibits better than OEM characteristics and there is no more surging through the rpm range. The car pulls strong from start to finish and this is only the Stage 1 tune. Dan is working on getting us the stage 2 tune as quick as possible.

Hopefully we'll have it very soon as we are waiting to hit the track next week and would love to be able to turn it up some more. I am sure that this car with a few tweaks will be bottom 12's or high 11's on radials.

:amen:
Sponsored