Sponsored

Hellion Time!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not much of an update. Going through remote tuning with PBD.

Just finished a WOT pull in 3rd gear. Going to need a better tire than my 20 inch Nitto DR. Car does not like going straight on ashphalt.

I need to hook up my boost controller to see where I am at, right now it is just on the gates. Probably should have done that first but after all this work I wanted to get a return on my investment as quickly as possible.

Next step once the Eboost2 is installed is E85 tuning.

Once all kinks are worked out then trailering it to PBD to work on higher settings.
Hows the temperature on your pulls? Most performance tires are gonna say no if it's below 40F out.
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
That 60 is quick! That is not with a stock converter is it?

Either way that is moving out early.
No, it has a circle D convertor and built transmission.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Hows the temperature on your pulls? Most performance tires are gonna say no if it's below 40F out.
I know. Temps are in the 70s around here. It just caught me off guard. Having one hand on the wheel and the other staring/stopping the data log wasn't my best move.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I know. Temps are in the 70s around here. It just caught me off guard. Having one hand on the wheel and the other staring/stopping the data log wasn't my best move.
Damn. I always keep my TC on when doing logs. Stick car. The new level of thrust is always fun.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
II plan on taking the car to our eigth mile track to see what it runs on 93 and on waste gates. My boost controller is not hooked up yet so I cannot monitor boost levels (reason I should wait - however PBD looked at my logs and said they are fine).

I am thinking low 7s should be attainable if I can get it to 60 foot at all.

After that I will get off my ass and finish hooking up the Eboost 2 and switch the tune over to E85. Once I am sure there are no more bugs to iron out I will trailer it to PBD and raise boost levels.

Then onto a better tire and shoot for the single digits in the quarter mile!

Sponsored

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Last night did not go as planned. This past week the rain kept me from running the car on 93 octane. Runday Sunday is coming in 2 weeks so I wanted to switch over to E85 now to put miles on it and have PBD look at the tune.

I drained the 93 into my wife's car and put 5 gallons of E85 in.

The issue came up when I went to upload the tune into the car. Although it appeared to go through the starter would no longer engage and my odometer was reading all dashes - seems like the PCM and the vehicle were not paired up.

I was able to re-install the 93 tune, it started up and I backed it into the garage. Waiting on PBD on what they believe the issue was. Hopefully tonight I can get it squared away.
E85.jpg

E851.jpg

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Easy fix then!
All done. Sent the first WOT log to PBD.

I told him I am taking it to the track and will send logs to him. He asked that when at the track make sure you unplug the ABS plug on the drivers side fender apron

Any idea why?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
All done. Sent the first WOT log to PBD.

I told him I am taking it to the track and will send logs to him. He asked that when at the track make sure you unplug the ABS plug on the drivers side fender apron

Any idea why?
Sometimes even If you turn off traction control and stability control it will still kick in. Unplugging the plug by the airbox is the only way to know that it won't come on. Just be careful, the car won't save you if you get out of shape.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My pullout game is strong!

Thanks for the replay. Hope to have time slips tomorrow.
Well there are different methods of traction control.

Most times a simple throttle close happens. That's why they want it turned off.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
In typical Me fashion I expect good results when I am not done with the project. Then I get bummed when they don't happen. 1 day I will learn, probably not today though, LOL.

Right now it is on a 20inch Nitto DR. The car needs a better tire/suspension. My reasoning was my wife drives the car, and being in FL we get caught in the rain a lot. I did not want to go to a Mickey Thompson at first for that reason. So it seems 2 sets of wheels are in order.

Let me start by saying the car feels nuts on the street. The only WOT pulls are usually in 3rd gear and they end up in rolling burnouts.

One mistake I made is taking it to the track without the boost controller hooked up. I assume it makes 7-8 psi but that is just a guess. The other mistake is thinking my car would hook on the drag strip. It is a test and tune so prep wasn't the greatest. Plus the track has been owned by the government for awhile so putting money into the place stopped 10 years ago.

These are 2 slips from tonight and 1 from when it was stock with the NIttos. When stock it was on 93, tonight it was on E85.

Every pass tonight I had to lift when it shifted into 2nd gear. The car got out of way out of shape and I had to pedal it. Some passes I got back into it sooner than others - 5 passes total but pretty much the same result.

I know lifting and spinning effect ET a ton. However MPH is not really effected at all, sometimes it goes up as long as you don't roll through the traps.

Am I wrong thinking it should be picking up more than 10 MPH switching to E85 and boost?

Anyway that was my night.

On the 12th there is Runday Sunday at Bradenton Motorsports Park. This is right before Sick Week so the track should be on kill. My fried will be there with her GT500, it must get gapped!

I will get the boost controller done by Saturday, I am ordering VMS wheels and 17 inch MT DRs tomorrow as well, then get some more logs to PBD so they can see if any adjustments need to be made.

The quest for a single digit car my Wife can race is not over, it has just begun. Rant off!

dragstrip1.jpg

dragstrip2.jpg

dragstrip3.jpg

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
In typical Me fashion I expect good results when I am not done with the project. Then I get bummed when they don't happen. 1 day I will learn, probably not today though, LOL.

Right now it is on a 20inch Nitto DR. The car needs a better tire/suspension. My reasoning was my wife drives the car, and being in FL we get caught in the rain a lot. I did not want to go to a Mickey Thompson at first for that reason. So it seems 2 sets of wheels are in order.

Let me start by saying the car feels nuts on the street. The only WOT pulls are usually in 3rd gear and they end up in rolling burnouts.

One mistake I made is taking it to the track without the boost controller hooked up. I assume it makes 7-8 psi but that is just a guess. The other mistake is thinking my car would hook on the drag strip. It is a test and tune so prep wasn't the greatest. Plus the track has been owned by the government for awhile so putting money into the place stopped 10 years ago.

These are 2 slips from tonight and 1 from when it was stock with the NIttos. When stock it was on 93, tonight it was on E85.

Every pass tonight I had to lift when it shifted into 2nd gear. The car got out of way out of shape and I had to pedal it. Some passes I got back into it sooner than others - 5 passes total but pretty much the same result.

I know lifting and spinning effect ET a ton. However MPH is not really effected at all, sometimes it goes up as long as you don't roll through the traps.

Am I wrong thinking it should be picking up more than 10 MPH switching to E85 and boost?

Anyway that was my night.

On the 12th there is Runday Sunday at Bradenton Motorsports Park. This is right before Sick Week so the track should be on kill. My fried will be there with her GT500, it must get gapped!

I will get the boost controller done by Saturday, I am ordering VMS wheels and 17 inch MT DRs tomorrow as well, then get some more logs to PBD so they can see if any adjustments need to be made.

The quest for a single digit car my Wife can race is not over, it has just begun. Rant off!

dragstrip1.jpg

dragstrip2.jpg

dragstrip3.jpg
At least you got it out there! I'd say it's hard to make much of a determination without a clean run. Do you know if you put the weaker or stiffer springs in the wastegates?

My car (2016 gen2) full weight on 8lbs of boost using the stiffer of the two wastegate springs trapped 111.79mph in the 1/8th for reference. Verify boost, get the MT et street r's, and make a clean pass. Then determine if you think the mph is low.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
If your running the smaller spring your probably sitting around 6lbs and if you used the larger ones it should be 7.5/8lbs. At least that's what I saw on spring pressure. @wazslow mph are much more normal for an auto with twins from what I've seen so I'd say with better runs you should hit that ballpark. For reference I was trapping about the same as you on the larger springs and pump gas with an mt82 so I'm sure once you get it dialed in better you’ll get there. That damn A10 is no joke.
Sponsored