LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Photo dump time. I have the fuel system and exhaust all done. Special thanks to my buddy Tom @ Soul Doubt customs for the welding and letting me use his shop while he is away on vacation.

I made the mistake of being cute (hard to imagine I know) for Christmas. I wrapped up the HP Tuner device so my wife could open it for a gift. I didn't think that Palm Beach Dyno would be closed from Xmas to New Years. OOPS. Car will hopefully be able to start in a few days.

Hopefully all I have left is to figure out my boost reference source for the Eboost 2 and FPR. Then install the Eboost 2.

It is taking a lot longer than I thought but my time working on it is sporadic at best.
FORE.jpg
FORE3.jpg
FORE4.jpg
FORE5.jpg
FORE7.jpg
FORE8.jpg
FORE9.jpg
FORE10.jpg
FORE11.jpg
FORE12.jpg
FORE13.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I found there is a funnel under the trunk liners. Dumb.
funnel.jpg

Rear shot of the 3 inch MRBP exhaust. Can't wait to hear it under full song
hellion back.jpg

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
funnel.jpg

hellion back.jpg
You'll need that funnel if you ever want/need to add fuel from a fuel jug. I use it at home when adding E85 to my car.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
funnel.jpg

hellion back.jpg
Well don’t I feel dumb I never knew that funnel was there either even after owning the car for a year and a half. Had to make my own to use when I occasionally have to use e85 from a gas can.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Under full throttle your going to be listening to the wastegates under your feet, not the exhaust. Like a mini open header. Lol.

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
Under full throttle your going to be listening to the wastegates under your feet, not the exhaust. Like a mini open header. Lol.
I have been looking for the exhaust note for whenever the WG's are closed. I find the car being loud AF at wide open is such a "pro" for the low mount turbo kits that vent to atmosphere. I like tame around town and screaming at WOT.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I will see how it sounds. My only other turbo charged mustang was my Cartech Fox back in the late 90s. That waste gate went back into the down pipe.

It does seem like a difficult task routing them back in with a flex joint.

We shall see. Hopefully when PBD comes back from vacation I can get my tune files uploaded into the car and put some miles on it/shake it down.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have been looking for the exhaust note for whenever the WG's are closed. I find the car being loud AF at wide open is such a "pro" for the low mount turbo kits that vent to atmosphere. I like tame around town and screaming at WOT.
Exactly. My setup is perfect for me. I have the xforce varex 3" all the way through with mid-muffler. It's slightly rumbly with the muffler valves open and how I run it 99% of the time. But if you want stealth, close the valves and it's factory quiet. Good for early or late night in the neighborhood.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Not much of an update. Going through remote tuning with PBD.

Just finished a WOT pull in 3rd gear. Going to need a better tire than my 20 inch Nitto DR. Car does not like going straight on ashphalt.

I need to hook up my boost controller to see where I am at, right now it is just on the gates. Probably should have done that first but after all this work I wanted to get a return on my investment as quickly as possible.

Next step once the Eboost2 is installed is E85 tuning.

Once all kinks are worked out then trailering it to PBD to work on higher settings.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Not much of an update. Going through remote tuning with PBD.

Just finished a WOT pull in 3rd gear. Going to need a better tire than my 20 inch Nitto DR. Car does not like going straight on ashphalt.

I need to hook up my boost controller to see where I am at, right now it is just on the gates. Probably should have done that first but after all this work I wanted to get a return on my investment as quickly as possible.

Next step once the Eboost2 is installed is E85 tuning.

Once all kinks are worked out then trailering it to PBD to work on higher settings.
Nice, sounds like you're getting there! The weaker springs are probably around 6psi. The stiffer springs are probably around 8psi. At least thats how mine are. I ride around on the 8 psi springs. Car went 9.73 @ 141 on wastegate....

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Nice, sounds like you're getting there! The weaker springs are probably around 6psi. The stiffer springs are probably around 8psi. At least thats how mine are. I ride around on the 8 psi springs. Car went 9.73 @ 141 on wastegate....
Mine runs about the same when cold out. Once the temps get up there it's more like 5.5 and 7.5. Did you go 9.7 on pump or e85? Either way that's impressive for wastegate pressure.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Mine runs about the same when cold out. Once the temps get up there it's more like 5.5 and 7.5. Did you go 9.7 on pump or e85? Either way that's impressive for wastegate pressure.
That's on E85.

20221014_112326.jpg

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
That 60 is quick! That is not with a stock converter is it?

Either way that is moving out early.
Sponsored