Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper Build Tips

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey guys I just ordered a Hellion Street Sleeper Kit for my 2017 GT auto. Ordered just before the 4th from @beefcake racing along with a fore fuel system some ID 1050X's, a Lund nGauge and a MBRP exhaust. I also ordered a GFB 3 controller with the fat fab mount.

Now anyone who has installed this kit have any tips, tricks, or things I should be looking out for? I will be installing this kit in an at home garage with a lift. I will have some experienced mechanical help, but this will be our first turbo build. Hell any tips on the fore install would be welcome as well. Thanks in advance guys and I will try and make a post about the install process and the results
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Subd! I’m about to purchase the same kit pretty soon. What options did you go with? I can’t decide whether to get the 55’s or 62’s. Looking forward to your build!

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys I just ordered a Hellion Street Sleeper Kit for my 2017 GT auto. Ordered just before the 4th from @beefcake racing along with a fore fuel system some ID 1050X's, a Lund nGauge and a MBRP exhaust. I also ordered a GFB 3 controller with the fat fab mount.

Now anyone who has installed this kit have any tips, tricks, or things I should be looking out for? I will be installing this kit in an at home garage with a lift. I will have some experienced mechanical help, but this will be our first turbo build. Hell any tips on the fore install would be welcome as well. Thanks in advance guys and I will try and make a post about the install process and the results

Thank you for purchasing our product and making us a part of your build! We believe you will be very successful installing it in your garage, and we are here to assist if needed!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am giving some serious thought about the Sleeper Kit as well. Good questions on the 55 or 62 mm, ball bearing versus non-ball bearing, etc. I think the smaller turbo would spin up quicker and maybe deliver more practical low to mid-range torque compared to the 62, but not sure. For just fun on the street, which turbo option does Hellion recommend for a 2018 GT?

I am looking for around 650 to 700 rwhp on 93 (no E85 anywhere in my region, so please don't recommend it). Does Hellion supply any sort of base file to get it running, pending more refined tuning through Lund or PBD?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am giving some serious thought about the Sleeper Kit as well. Good questions on the 55 or 62 mm, ball bearing versus non-ball bearing, etc. I think the smaller turbo would spin up quicker and maybe deliver more practical low to mid-range torque compared to the 62, but not sure. For just fun on the street, which turbo option does Hellion recommend for a 2018 GT?

I am looking for around 650 to 700 rwhp on 93 (no E85 anywhere in my region, so please don't recommend it). Does Hellion supply any sort of base file to get it running, pending more refined tuning through Lund or PBD?
Hello! For a 2018+ vehicle we recommend the twin 62mm options. This is mainly due to the gear ratios and high revving nature of the Gen 3 coyote. This setup is killer in all conditions! Yes, we offer base tuning as well. 650 to 700 is easily attainable and will have room to grow!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Team Hellion,

Thanks for the fast response, much appreciated!

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I went with the base 62mm turbos with the bb upgrade and the aftermarket 3 inch exhaust hookup and just the regular charge pipe. The stock box would be in the way for where I plan to mount the fuel regulator

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
:)

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
So we've been working on the kit and so far so good. It appears the kit has changed slight as there is no more large reservoir that hangs between the turbos attached to the trans, there are small ones that go on the bottom of the turbos. Maybe @HELLION TURBO can confirm. The t-fitting that goes in place of the oil pressure sensor is very not fun especially putting the 45 degree fitting on.... took over an hour. The tubing and oil lines aren't terrible to put in. Still figuring out vacuum routing and what to block off especially with locking imrc and figuring where to hook up the boost controller.

Did some cutting and banding to get the mbrp exhaust attached to the 3 inch couplers but didn't take long. There is a lot of adjustment that needs to be done to get the post turbo exhaust piping sorted to where it's tucked and not touching.

The standard turbos are oil and water cooled but apparently the water is optional and not usually needed. We are currently working on getting the fore fuel system in and plumbed before we wrap up the final bits of the kit install the it's tuning time.

Btw anyone who has pictures diagrams even a guide to boost controller routing/hookups I'd appreciate some inspiration. And finally do the blow off valves need to be hooked up to vaccum? Saw the port on top and threw me off, again first turbo install so be gentle lol.
20200814_145306.jpg
20200814_145234.jpg
20200814_145226.jpg
20200814_145243.jpg
20200814_145219.jpg
20200814_145215.jpg
20200814_145210.jpg

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have the kit on my 2016. Never seen it without the oil drain tank between the turbos. I would definitely check with Hellion before firing it up.
20200605_172530.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I have the kit on my 2016. Never seen it without the oil drain tank between the turbos. I would definitely check with Hellion before firing it up.
20200605_172530.jpg
Yeah that's my plan. But if you notice I dont have those brass fittings it came with black metal hollow plates that bolt to the bottom of each turbo

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah that's my plan. But if you notice I dont have those brass fittings it came with black metal hollow plates that bolt to the bottom of each turbo
Were you able to confirm that the kit has changed?

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Were you able to confirm that the kit has changed?
Yeah I was told that the small reservoirs under the turbo was how it went together. I like em cuz they don't hang down as low. They literally bolt to the turbo and don't hang past the housing

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nice! Just received some of my kit and I noticed there wasn’t a tank in the box. Thanks for clarifying.

How’s the install going?

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Nice! Just received some of my kit and I noticed there wasn’t a tank in the box. Thanks for clarifying.

How’s the install going?
It's done. Lol we got so deep in I forgot to take pics. I'm in the process of getting it tuned right now. Went together good. Took a while to get the boost controller and vacuum stuff right but we got it working for now lol. Only bad fitment was the 45s that go on the turbos to get the filters angled up.... No way to get them to fit so filters went on direct
Sponsored