Hellion Street Sleeper for daily?

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
i like the hellhorse kit better. it is basically a boost works kit. even tho i have not bought anything yet, my concern is the after sale issues and communication with them. in every way hellion has been so much more responsive and respectful. i wish i could merge them: hellion service, hellhorse kit...
LOL. Jeff and John at Hellion are really really great customer service. Had some parts missing from the kit and without hesitation they overnighted them to us even when we said just ship ground. Boostworks on the other hand seems to have a history of making purchase nightmares. Some members 3-4 years later still have not received their parts. Maybe things are different now. Who knows. The Hellion kit works very good. It is just not fun to work around if you need to do other work on engine or transmission. I highly recommend Hellions Screamer kit. I have had so many compliments on how insane the spooling sound is. It is an expensive option at $900 vs. Comp Screamers are $400 as an option on their turbos.

Advertisement

4sdvenom

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
The wastegate solenoid can be setup in time with the shift points. I think you can do it with a manual, but I've only ever seen it done with autos.
What boost controller do you need for the boost by gear? E-boost 2?

MidnightGT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you do the whipple you’ll be waiting until spring for the kit. If you do the hellion kit you’ll have the kit in 2 weeks.. its a no brainer..
I wish it would only be two weeks, they’re on a 4-6 week lead time right now. Ordered mine on Sep 5th and I was told 4-6 wk at that point. But I did buy it due to the outrageous Whipple wait time that’s currently going on.

Marvlano

Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wish it would only be two weeks, they’re on a 4-6 week lead time right now. Ordered mine on Sep 5th and I was told 4-6 wk at that point. But I did buy it due to the outrageous Whipple wait time that’s currently going on.
Have you received anything for your kit yet ? I ordered mine last week and im being impatient haha

MidnightGT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have you received anything for your kit yet ? I ordered mine last week and im being impatient haha
The only thing I have received from Hellion is the intercooler....and that was 2 weeks ago... I ordered everything through PBD and called them last week to inquire and they told me it’ll be at least another week..... A little frustrating considering I was initially told 4-6 wk wait time.

Dominant1

Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its the covid-19 slowdown. When i was in the market for boost a few years ago i was considering a hellion kit & at that time i confirmed it would be delivered inside of 2 weeks. I went with a procharger D1x which was also delivered to my tuner inside of 2 weeks. The D1x was $1500 cheaper at that time so i went that route..

Marvlano

Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The only thing I have received from Hellion is the intercooler....and that was 2 weeks ago... I ordered everything through PBD and called them last week to inquire and they told me it’ll be at least another week..... A little frustrating considering I was initially told 4-6 wk wait time.
Oh man hopefully you get it this week man! Looks like I gotta sit for another month lol

MustangorCamaro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hellhorse has a twin turbo bottom mount kit with comp oil less turbos. If you are near them they offer free install every once in a while. Like right now
Free install of their turbo kit on an S550? Never heard of that. How long does this promotion last? On their Tier 2 system?

Advertisement

119 - HP Tuners - 1

Advertisement