Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper Build Tips

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
It's done. Lol we got so deep in I forgot to take pics. I'm in the process of getting it tuned right now. Went together good. Took a while to get the boost controller and vacuum stuff right but we got it working for now lol. Only bad fitment was the 45s that go on the turbos to get the filters angled up.... No way to get them to fit so filters went on direct
I cut my 45 degree silicone couplers down and then installed with the air filters. It is a pain in the ass though. No room really.
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah I was told that the small reservoirs under the turbo was how it went together. I like em cuz they don't hang down as low. They literally bolt to the turbo and don't hang past the housing
Hmm. Wonder if us guys with the tank should call and try and get the new parts...

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
Any updates here would be very interested as I’m looking at the same kit and a few others and itching to pull the trigger soon.

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Any updates here would be very interested as I’m looking at the same kit and a few others and itching to pull the trigger soon.
What do ya want to know? Kit's working great at 8lbs of boost. I have the standard turbos with bb upgrade.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
do you have a boost controller? or are you always at 8psi max? also any issues with rust anywhere on the components?
I have a gfb gforce3 boost controller. The turbos came with 7lb springs in them. When I switch to e85 I plan to max out at 12 lbs. I haven't seen any rust on the components. I'm sure the turbo exhaust housings have a bit of surface rust which is expected. The inlet pipes are powder coated black and the other pipes are chromed

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a gfb gforce3 boost controller. The turbos came with 7lb springs in them. When I switch to e85 I plan to max out at 12 lbs. I haven't seen any rust on the components. I'm sure the turbo exhaust housings have a bit of surface rust which is expected. The inlet pipes are powder coated black and the other pipes are chromed
thanks for replying. it's hard to get user feedback it seems around here. anyway, for their sleeper kit, which components would be best to get cerakoted? i dont want rust if i do it....see pic below for components...

Hellion_TT_Kit.jpg

OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
thanks for replying. it's hard to get user feedback it seems around here. anyway, for their sleeper kit, which components would be best to get cerakoted? i dont want rust if i do it....see pic below for components...

Hellion_TT_Kit.jpg
Rust shouldn't be a huge issue. All the pipes are under the car besides the inlet pipe which is coated black. Im in florida so rust isn't a huge issue cuz no salt.

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get it to the dyno and who did your tuning, I take it your running it on waste gate now. How are it’s driving characteristics, would you daily drive it without concern?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FloStang

FloStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Did you ever get it to the dyno and who did your tuning, I take it your running it on waste gate now. How are it’s driving characteristics, would you daily drive it without concern?
Lund tuning via email. No dyno yet. Used a Ngauge and I'm using my boost controller to manage the boost. Driving is pretty normal until around 2800 roms then you start to get into boost and then I smile. I wouldn't daily just because I wouldn't want to drive in the rain a lot. Some people do without issues but mine is a fun/weekend car

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information. I’ve been on the fence for sometime debating on whether to go this way or a Whipple. But I think I’m convinced and will be ordering soon. Thanks for your feedback.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Buttoning up the install on this kit. I went with precision bb turbos, lethal return fuel system, and eboost 2 controller. There was a couple small issues we ran into but nothing major at all. Overall, my friend installing the kit was very pleased with the quality of the kit and install. I’m only going to run the filters on the turbos but I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to get the Passenger side one on. It’s a very tight fit.
My plan is to run pump e85 on 12lbs and turn it up sometimes to 16 on e85r. For those looking to get the kit, I got the complete kit in exactly a month from the day I ordered. I got quoted a month so that was great. I can’t wait to hopefully go out on my first drive later today.