svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Recently installed a Twin kit from Hellhorse using 6467's. Kind of a neat setup since they are oil less/ coolant cooled. Attached is the Dyno video but on 93+ Boostane it did well. Definitely need some corn fuel though. Unfortunate we think the load on the dyno was too much. Car stumbled up top and never reached 12 psi or more. Let me know what you think. Judging by the length of the pulls it seems such. Typically I have seen high horsepower cars only pull for 4-6 seconds. The dyno in this video was much longer. Kinda like he set the load to simulate pulling a tractor trailer lol. But still Impressive reaching almost 850 wheel at about 11.5 psi. All this was going through a big Circle D Converter too! Almost 850rwhp/ 730tq

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
850rwhp on 93?

Didn’t know that was achievable without going E85.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
850rwhp on 93?

Didn’t know that was achievable without going E85.
He has an octane booster on it, also this is equivalent to about 770 to 800 rwhp on a supercharger so I maybe it will be ok.

Boost is 11 psi which seems fine to me, methanol injection would be a great idea for Safety. He did mention it struggled up top, maybe it's due to knock.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Imho it’s his exhaust holding him back and initially he said it was 93, now he sez it’s 93/Boostane

Granted he’s making power but he himself said he would make 850 on pump, he didn’t

He needed boostane to make 820, still would like to see the correction and or dyno sheet. Again it’s very impressive just a bit sketchy on actual info

Sponsored

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Car was dying at about 6500 rpm, we think do to load on the dyno. I plan to go back to another dyno jet to re confirm. If needed we will drop the CB. If the car actually went to near 8k rpm. Power would have been higher. There was zero knock and it was a 93 tune only. Boostane was just there for added insurance like most ppl do.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Something is not right.

850 wheel on 93?

Did you stay with 12:1 compression?

If so start saving for another motor or use copious amounts of boostane.

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Almost 850. It did 826/ 730 11.5 psi at 6500 rpm. I’m not going to be living on 93 very long or turning it up the whole time either. Definitely need e85 sooner than later. But yes, I will be working on a built engine in the mean time here soon just in case

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a reliable setup. Between the "oil-less" turbos, relying on e85 actually being e85 (will have to be tested at each fill), stock bottom-end, and searching for peak output power this engine is going to fail. Claiming that "will run with lower boost on the street" does not save a piston ring land during the one run where intake charge is turned up. That could happen on the next dyno run or a run down the strip. It is no question there will be a failure of the stock bottom end.

The reason some engines tend to last longer is that these setups are not being run at maximum output. There is margin from peak to running output power .

Trying to find the peak output power is where and when the failure will occur. This is why true "race cars" have multiple "built" engines to swap out when the eventual failure occurs. You can't have a quasi-daily driver and a "race car" with a stock engine.

I hope it's a controlled failure and no one gets hurt. BTW, where's the roll cage and chute? You'll get one run on a NHRA sanctioned track before being thrown off if you get a run in before the failure.

Rob

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
This is not a reliable setup. Between the "oil-less" turbos, relying on e85 actually being e85 (will have to be tested at each fill), stock bottom-end, and searching for peak output power this engine is going to fail. Claiming that "will run with lower boost on the street" does not save a piston ring land during the one run where intake charge is turned up. That could happen on the next dyno run or a run down the strip. It is no question there will be a failure of the stock bottom end.

The reason some engines tend to last longer is that these setups are not being run at maximum output. There is margin from peak to running output power .

Trying to find the peak output power is where and when the failure will occur. This is why true "race cars" have multiple "built" engines to swap out when the eventual failure occurs. You can't have a quasi-daily driver and a "race car" with a stock engine.

I hope it's a controlled failure and no one gets hurt. BTW, where's the roll cage and chute? You'll get one run on a NHRA sanctioned track before being thrown off if you get a run in before the failure.

Rob

I'm pretty sure he's aware of the stock bottom end not lasting, hence the reason he said he was building an extra block on the side. Those same comp oil-less turbo's are the ones that are used in the LPF kits, and have been deep in the 8's. My point is, they're not some junk turbo. Curious as to if you have a built bottom end considering you have a whipple on your car. Do you have a roll cage and chute as well? It's the name of the game, parts break, people upgrade and send it again.

Sponsored

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure he's aware of the stock bottom end not lasting, hence the reason he said he was building an extra block on the side. Those same comp oil-less turbo's are the ones that are used in the LPF kits, and have been deep in the 8's. My point is, they're not some junk turbo. Curious as to if you have a built bottom end considering you have a whipple on your car. Do you have a roll cage and chute as well? It's the name of the game, parts break, people upgrade and send it again.
You missed the point. If you are going to be "chasing low 9's" and want to daily drive as he has indicated, this setup is not what should be showcased on any venue. If showing a build that for a brief moment in time ran a low 9 sec ET or made xxx or yyyy RWHP on a particular dyno then this car is it. A lot of money for a short lived setup.

Regarding my car, why would I ever need the same safety items unless I was wanting to go to track. Also as I stated, power margin is the difference between reliability and the lowest possible ET.

My goals are to have a fast street and emissions legal car that I can drive from the East to West coasts and back with out even having to think about it. So if I leave 50 RWHP on the table who cares?

I have done the track thing. Unless you are racing for real money after the climax of the fastest ET.... then what?

You want a real racing challenge go find a local autocross club. You go against yourself and very rarely put together the perfect run. It's not so much the car as it is your skills and improvement of these skills. BTW, a Mustang is not best the car for this but any car will give you a challenge over and over again.

Rob

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
....and that engine is being replaced.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
David van voris has been 8.2s on a stock engine... just saying
LOL.

Stock motors pop at this power level even on e85.... ask me how i know.

I made 913whp on ~12-13 psi. Was running e85 the whole time, 0 knock ever.

Turned it up to 15psi to show off for a friend and POP goes the weasel. Broke a piston similar to what you did, although not quite as dramatic (did not crack/break my block).

Disclaimer.. i was running just under 1/4 tank of fuel and this may have caused the car to run lean but nonetheless, it was a matter of time before the stock hardware took a poo.