Sponsored

Boost Works twin turbo kit: 800whp / 93 octane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is risk and then there is acceptable risk. There are to many NOOBS on here that now think it is no big deal making 800 on 93. They don't get how absolutely critical having perfect 93 every time you fill up on a setup like this is.

It is funny that I have been told multiple times on multiple forums that it is no big deal making over 700 HP on 93, "we do it all the time". Yet a couple months later when the my motor is hurt thread comes out, crickets.

I just think if you are gonna trumpet big numbers on pump gas, throw a reminder out that fuel quality matters A LOT.
How many threads do you see like that? Definitely none from our customers. Of course fuel quality matters.. that's why a good knock/timing strategy is critical. It's there for a reason and we use it as a failsafe.
Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
How many threads do you see like that? Definitely none from our customers. Of course fuel quality matters.. that's why a good knock/timing strategy is critical. It's there for a reason and we use it as a failsafe.
My observation about pushing 93 is from being on many forums over the years and personnel experience here in MN. Coyote does indeed have way better knock protection than earlier modular engines. With that said, I just don't believe it will protect a 800 HP
coyote at full song that picks up a load of bad 93, no wiggle room.

Sounds like your shop educates its customers. Hopefully this conversation about HP versus fuel quality will make others considering a similar build do their due diligence.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Was this car a stick or auto ?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
12.6psi max (logged with nGauge boost sensor), 17 degrees.

Boost leash ramping in boost and making the power a little more manageable. :)
Just noticed this was on a Mustang dyno add an honest 7% = 853 on a Dynojet that's serious power from only 12.6 psi.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Just noticed this was on a Mustang dyno add an honest 7% = 853 on a Dynojet that's serious power from only 12.6 psi.
Dont add 7%, dynojets read unnecessarily high. A mustang dyno or dyno dynamic are far better dynos being they simulate real world load conditions unlike dynojets inertia based.

Load based dynos are superior in my experience over inertia based. The very rare intance my cars see a dyno its a mustang dyno or dynamics only . I refuse dynojet etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I always understood that the Mustang dyno was referred to as the heart break dyno as it read low. Doesn't really matter dyno should only be used for comparing numbers before and after modifications, you see more dynojet numbers over mustang dyno.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I always understood that the Mustang dyno was referred to as the heart break dyno as it read low. Doesn't really matter dyno should only be used for comparing numbers before and after modifications, you see more dynojet numbers over mustang dyno.
sometimes the real world is disappointing.

I prefer load based for tuning purposes not just numbers. I couldnt care less about numbers. I typically prefer street/track tuned because its real world conditions vs simulation. Mustang dyno and dyno dynamic is the closest to real world. If im going to get numbers id rather it not be inflated though.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've always relied on MPH at the race track to indicate hp, unfortunately it takes time to work out all the bugs. I used to run the car to the eight mile then when the tune up was right I'd run it out the back, but now days the tracks are more strict about safety equipment and I'm not putting a cage in this car so I will just have to settle for dyno numbers. I don't see the point in trying to go 8's or even 7's in a 4000 lb tank, I'd rather get a fox body at 2600 lb race weight and go run fast at the track. This is just a car that looks good and has some power to back it up on the streets, that is if it hooks up. :)

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I've always relied on MPH at the race track to indicate hp, unfortunately it takes time to work out all the bugs. I used to run the car to the eight mile then when the tune up was right I'd run it out the back, but now days the tracks are more strict about safety equipment and I'm not putting a cage in this car so I will just have to settle for dyno numbers. I don't see the point in trying to go 8's or even 7's in a 4000 lb tank, I'd rather get a fox body at 2600 lb race weight and go run fast at the track. This is just a car that looks good and has some power to back it up on the streets, that is if it hooks up. :)
Not all of these are " 4000lb tanks." Mine is 3700. Its also easy to get it to 3300-3400 without gutting it. Im also not saying dynos dont have their place. Still, for tuning a load based dyno is the best choice.

Anyways didnt mean to thread jack Travis.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Travis,
What injectors did you send with this kit to this customer? This is awesome man to see that those COMP turbos are doing what they are doing on a stock Coyote too. Really like the idea that they are oiless as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.