Heel toe - what pedals

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The stock ones are too far apart for me... Also, what about relative height of the pedals?
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The stock ones are too far apart for me... Also, what about relative height of the pedals?
Lots of folks 'round here use SRP pedals, who offer customizable pedals which include extra-wide and medium accelerator pedal extensions. Steeda makes an extended one as well. All will require drilling into the existing pedal(s), so keep that in mind. I'd spring for SRP to get a full set myself. One day, when it's a priority mod for me. :like:

Regarding pedal height—you can use shims/spacers to raise the height of the accelerator, but you can only get about 1/2" out of that. That 1/2" does go a long way, however. These are the spacers I used for my car.

I do wonder if one could machine or find something akin to a bolt extender to get extra depth out of the accelerator. I feel like an extra inch at least could be gained from something like that, as the accelerator pedal's floor plate is pretty chunky. I'll get a hankering to tinker (and to contort myself down into the floorboards again...) and order some likely suspects for testing at some point I'm sure.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Before you buy new pedals, have you tried rolling your foot rather than traditional "heel toe"? I just wear some running shoes (that are a bit wide) and roll my foot and it works pretty well, even with the stock pedals.

OP
OP
scd603

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've tried the roll, just doesn't do it for me. I thing with wider pedals I would do roll anyways...

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the Steeda ones, didn't notice a change in height and it took a little bit to not hit the gas when braking, overall review is a thumbs up from me.

I'm in Florida so that means I live in sandals / slides when not in professional attire. No issue while wearing and often I will slip them off and drive barefoot too.

1660315839915.jpeg

FYI, those are not scratches on the gas pedal, they came with a clear protective film over them and I took the pic before removing.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I just went with the Steeda gas pedal and left the stock brake/clutch pedals. The look isn't that different, and getting the gas pedal a little higher relative to the brake (even just the thickness of the metal) certainly doesn't hurt.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Before you buy new pedals, have you tried rolling your foot rather than traditional "heel toe"? I just wear some running shoes (that are a bit wide) and roll my foot and it works pretty well, even with the stock pedals.
This is what did it for me too, rolling and running shoes rather than a thinner "driving" shoe

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I club raced and instructed for /with BMW CCA from 2002 to 2015. Most racers roll their foot over to heel/toe.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
This is what did it for me too, rolling and running shoes rather than a thinner "driving" shoe
Me, too. A least on the street. If racing, you need racing shoes and closer pedals.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I think the wider SRP pedal help more with rolling the foot over than using the heel. Couldn’t get used to twisting my leg. Highly recommend.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I used the SRP pedals in my GT350 as well. Heel/toe does come a little easier on track when you are on the brakes HARD, but the wider pedal makes it a lot easier on the street.

I roll my foot as well.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I used the Steeda gas pedal only and painted 3 horizontal satin black stripes across the lines of holes to match the look of the stock pedals. From outside it looked close enough to factory not to call attention. The height difference was correct when you were on the brakes hard, it only required rolling your foot if you were street braking and just heel-toeing to practice and/or show the world that you can. My only caution is that it sticks far enough over that you can easily hit the gas to by accident when braking. No big deal as the clutch is in if I'm fully stopping but it can come as a hell of a surprise to hear the engine rev unintended. After once or twice you train yourself to miss it in those circumstances. Your mileage may vary as I am shaped in such a way that my knees are uncomfortably against the dashboard of every car.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
You guys doing the Standard, Medium, or Wide SRP pedal?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You guys doing the Standard, Medium, or Wide SRP pedal?
I bought medium initially. I am a size 13 and didn’t want to mistake gas for the brake. I decided to try the extra wide so I contacted Brian (owner) and bought a single extra wide for $40. My plan was to buy another gas pedal from a junkyard and switch between the two to see what I find to be better for me on track. Was gifted an Xineering module so I gave it away before I could test it.
Sponsored