Headlight

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can I change the bulb or does the whole light assembly need to be changed. The car is a 2019 Mustang GT Premium.

IMG_2047.jpeg
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Maybe a little more information? Are the headlights on?

OP
OP
Little Guy

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, they are on. Part of the light comes on but the circular light does not come on, just on the passenger side. Hi beam will not come on either. Dealer said I need the whole light assembly which they quoted $2,000.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Bad news, it is a whole assembly. But, check the fuse and check power at the harness first. Usually, each headlight has it's own fuse. And, it would suck to buy a $2K headlight just to find a corroded ground.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I'm sure you can find a good used one for less than $2K! Ask me how I know.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I replaced mine with aftermarket (Morimoto). So have a set with about 12K miles in a box. Have PPF on them as well! You can get a set of new aftermarkets for less than $1000.

see this.

2015-2023 Mustang Headlights | Steeda

BIGG_RIBB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
I replaced mine with aftermarket (Morimoto). So have a set with about 12K miles in a box. Have PPF on them as well! You can get a set of new aftermarkets for less than $1000.

see this.

2015-2023 Mustang Headlights | Steeda
I like the Morimoto's. That's what I would go with if I had to replace them. Either that or something custom. However, I understand that some people like to keep their rides OEM which is fine too.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Don’t pay a Dealer to do a headlight…

You can get a complete factory headlight assembly for any S550 on here or eBay for about $300+/-…. and do the swap yourself.

Before you buy a headlight I would make sure the car does not have any stored codes…. and along with that:

- check the wiring from the headlight assembly to any intermediate harness (this doesn’t just mean visual, if the harness has black conduit, peel back to expose the wiring). Rodents are known to chew through modern day vehicle wiring harnesses in engine bays and under the vehicle. Along with wiring issues, check to make sure the harness to the assembly is not lose or there is not any water logged connectors. Make sure all ground points are secure.

- make sure it’s not a bad BCM that may be integrated with the headlight circuit. Because if you throw out $300+/- for a headlight assembly and there’s a bad BCM or there is an issue with wiring, you just spent $$$ on a headlight assembly for nothing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Guy

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Don’t pay a Dealer to do a headlight…

You can get a complete factory headlight assembly for any S550 on here or eBay for about $300+/-…. and do the swap yourself.

Before you buy a headlight I would make sure the car does not have any stored codes…. and along with that:

- check the wiring from the headlight assembly to any intermediate harness (this doesn’t just mean visual, if the harness has black conduit, peel back to expose the wiring). Rodents are known to chew through modern day vehicle wiring harnesses in engine bays and under the vehicle. Along with wiring issues, check to make sure the harness to the assembly is not lose or there is not any water logged connectors. Make sure all ground points are secure.

- make sure it’s not a bad BCM that may be integrated with the headlight circuit. Because if you throw out $300+/- for a headlight assembly and there’s a bad BCM or there is an issue with wiring, you just spent $$$ on a headlight assembly for nothing.
this makes a lot of sense. Thanks. When I took it to the dealer, they swapped out the light assembly and the new one did not work. They referred me to their electrical guys but they were backed up 5 days. It’s weird to me how only one side of the passenger light comes on.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
this makes a lot of sense. Thanks. When I took it to the dealer, they swapped out the light assembly and the new one did not work. They referred me to their electrical guys but they were backed up 5 days. It’s weird to me how only one side of the passenger light comes on.
Look at the wiring diagram, you'd be surprised how different things look when you're looking at a schematic thinking about faults. They likely have separate supply sources and grounds.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Yes, they are on. Part of the light comes on but the circular light does not come on, just on the passenger side. Hi beam will not come on either. Dealer said I need the whole light assembly which they quoted $2,000.
If you need one, I may be able to sell ya a 2023 takeoff for a much better price. PM me if you think it would help.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang