Sponsored

Headlight Modification

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I opted to keep the Amber Sidemarkers to stay legal and it doesn't look too bad.
Can I see these installed? Considering keeping the amber. Or switching it out for red reflectors on my magnetic .
Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Can I see these installed? Considering keeping the amber. Or switching it out for red reflectors on my magnetic .
Look up the 13-14 Raptor with HIDs, that's the best example.

I am not sure why Ford decided to do chrome bezel internals, if you notice all of the headlights are now like the Raptor housings.
image.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Look up the 13-14 Raptor with HIDs, that's the best example.

I am not sure why Ford decided to do chrome bezel internals, if you notice all of the headlights are now like the Raptor housings.
That looks awesome. :headbang:

I want to do this to mine, along with the tribar sequential turn signals, but I'd prefer not to have an extended amount of downtime. Ideally I'd want a second set of housings (so I can take my time), but at the prices they're going for, that's not realistic.

So it might just be a mod that I'm gonna leave alone.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I'm going to try this out on my F-150 this weekend first. At $80 a piece for new headlights it's slightly less intimidating for a first timer.

OP did you use anything to help the paint adhere to the plastic or just spray paint?

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
When I someday tackle this and the sequential drl I will go with a satin black paint made for plastics.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
[MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION],

I have a question, I plan to do this to mine as well, except I'm going to do the White/Amber since I am moving the turn signal to the fins, but my question since i dont have mine apart at the moment is, did you get a good look at the PCB board that seems to be in the headlights which controls/powers the LEDs?

The reason why I ask this is cause I am looking for the code in the BCM to stop the fog lights from turning off, once I find that I was planning to switch the pigtails so that the DD Leds I would plug into the signal harness, and I was planning to get white LEDs for the turn signals which I wanted to plug into the LED power source to make them the DRL's.

Any possiblity of shedding some light? TIA.

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
[MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION],

I have a question, I plan to do this to mine as well, except I'm going to do the White/Amber since I am moving the turn signal to the fins, but my question since i dont have mine apart at the moment is, did you get a good look at the PCB board that seems to be in the headlights which controls/powers the LEDs?

The reason why I ask this is cause I am looking for the code in the BCM to stop the fog lights from turning off, once I find that I was planning to switch the pigtails so that the DD Leds I would plug into the signal harness, and I was planning to get white LEDs for the turn signals which I wanted to plug into the LED power source to make them the DRL's.

Sorry, no help here. I just unplugged the factory piece and move one. Didn't pay much attention.

Drwalker02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic/Blue
Reviving this thread for a second.

Just got a 2017 GT350 and I'm annoyed by the chrome trim outboard and blackout inward. Really considering doing this to just pain that outside chrome area. Or vinyl.
image.jpg

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I did basically the same thing, but opted to have the projectors and HID system upgraded at the same time. I can see for days!

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
- Evox-R Projectors
- Osram CBI D2S bulbs
- Morimoto 55w Ballasts
- Morimoto LED Fog Lights

I also did the same build in my F150. I find that the evo is about the best bang for buck projector around.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

I have mine wired up this way; the amber leds just tap into the turn signal harness and then the white turns off when the amber flashes. Maybe I'm missing what you are after.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I have mine wired up this way; the amber leds just tap into the turn signal harness and then the white turns off when the amber flashes. Maybe I'm missing what you are after.
Well since finding the code to stop the fog lights from shutting off when signaling, my goal here is:

Make the gills/fins the signal lights, make the original signal lights the DRLs, this would entail swapping the pigtails of each, so when driving the original signal lights will be the DRLs, the gills/fins would only be the signal lights and nothing else. So theoretically the gills/fins would be off all other times and wouldnt work in tandem with the signal lights now converted to DRLs.

Make any sense?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Well since finding the code to stop the fog lights from shutting off when signaling, my goal here is:

Make the gills/fins the signal lights, make the original signal lights the DRLs, this would entail swapping the pigtails of each, so when driving the original signal lights will be the DRLs, the gills/fins would only be the signal lights and nothing else. So theoretically the gills/fins would be off all other times and wouldnt work in tandem with the signal lights now converted to DRLs.

Make any sense?
Got it. Basically when you install the new leds you will only want to have the new amber turn signal disable the white drl. That won't be a problem at all, it will just be a matter of switching up the wiring as you noted.
Sponsored