Sponsored

Headlight Modification

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Well since finding the code to stop the fog lights from shutting off when signaling, my goal here is:

Make the gills/fins the signal lights, make the original signal lights the DRLs, this would entail swapping the pigtails of each, so when driving the original signal lights will be the DRLs, the gills/fins would only be the signal lights and nothing else. So theoretically the gills/fins would be off all other times and wouldnt work in tandem with the signal lights now converted to DRLs.

Make any sense?
I did something similar. My gills are now my dedicated turnsignals, as I wired my signal to those, and installed 3156 (single function) amber LED bulbs in the OE signal housings. IMO having two turn signals does not look good. So, when I signal, my OE signal and fogs turn off, while the gills signal.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I did something similar. My gills are now my dedicated turnsignals, as I wired my signal to those, and installed 3156 (single function) amber LED bulbs in the OE signal housings. IMO having two turn signals does not look good. So, when I signal, my OE signal and fogs turn off, while the gills signal.
I just wrapped my oem turns in black vinyl. :)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Ok Sorry to ask this, but I'm seriously confused, 3156 would just be bulbs not an LED board correct? Because I am going for the DD's led board that is white and amber that also signals in sequential, which I like that more then it just blinking normally.

Plus wouldnt you like the fogs not going off when signaling? :D

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Ok Sorry to ask this, but I'm seriously confused, 3156 would just be bulbs not an LED board correct? Because I am going for the DD's led board that is white and amber that also signals in sequential, which I like that more then it just blinking normally.

Plus wouldnt you like the fogs not going off when signaling? :D
Yeah, I just put a single function bulb in there to act as running light, so that only gills signal. Are you talking about the new mori sequential LED replacements for the OE signal?

I have an OBD adapter on the way, so I can use Forscan. :D

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I just put a single function bulb in there to act as running light, so that only gills signal. Are you talking about the new mori sequential LED replacements for the OE signal?

I have an OBD adapter on the way, so I can use Forscan. :D
Yes the LED board replacement from the original, this way they will be sequential, Diode Dynamics.

Yeah that ForScan program was a God send to getting what I wanted done.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well I didnt have the balls to crack open the headlight, and honestly for the estimate I got, I'd rather have someone else do it. FYI if anyone is interested, its costing me $465.00 complete, they do everything, and pick up is the same day. :D

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Jeremy @ Retroshop.us does all of my builds. I tinker with small builds myself, but when I want top quality, he's the man.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Well I didnt have the balls to crack open the headlight, and honestly for the estimate I got, I'd rather have someone else do it. FYI if anyone is interested, its costing me $465.00 complete, they do everything, and pick up is the same day. :D
That's not bad at all. I'd like to see pics of the housing when they are done. I've seen some really messed up jobs and some super clean ones.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Will do, its scheduled for next Friday.

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Who did you go through for this? That's not bad considering the cost of 1 light if you screw up.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A place 30 mins from my house called Elite Custom Lighting, Obviously the multi-color with amber sequential with controller is $240.00, $225 for them to take it off the car put the leds in,wire it up and put it back together, cant expect any better then that. I expected it to be much more then that, which would have made to attempt it myself if the price was like $1000+ but for $225.00, hell to me thats money well spent and I wouldnt have any of the colorful language to go with it while trying to pry it apart.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
@Nathanbrummer@SCS

Did you remove the ballast before putting it in the oven?

Also, what kind of plastic paint spray did you use and did you also apply clear coat?

I am thinking of painting the outer ring red and the rest black.

I have the headlights out and will start to bake them today.

Damn those 7mm bolts that hold the side of the bumper.lol