Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Looks fucking bad ass man, I definitely don't have the balls for this one. Head lights are too damn expensive

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Looks fucking bad ass man, I definitely don't have the balls for this one. Head lights are too damn expensive
I agree on both accounts. I really hope the aftermarket steps up with a black housing version.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Op, theres four pages to this thread and lots of compliments, do you got a video of YOUR lights in action?. I'd just like to see em is all..

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Thanks for sharing! I did a project like this before and could never get the headlights resealed and regretted doing it. Location=602, I'm guessing you're in AZ? If so, you might not have the same problems as me in MD. My lights seemed to fog up all the time. Who knows, maybe I'll get bold and try it again.
I remember reading that the reason open and resealed lights fogged was not do to water getting inside but do to the sealant used when resealing the headlights. I remember when the 15 first came out, there were two different headlights, one had chrome and the other didn't. At the end it seems like only the one with the chrome made it to production vehicles.
2015-Ford-Mustang-new-concept-pictures.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
This looks cool but a word of caution: painting over your front reflectors like that is against the law. By painting over the reflector, your only options will be to replace the headlight bucket or place additional reflectors on the front / side of your vehicle to meet the legal requirements.

At least if you use the stick-on lens tint kits, you can always just peel them off if you get a ticket for this illegal modification.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would only be unlawful if the drl's weren't functioning..

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
This looks cool but a word of caution: painting over your front reflectors like that is against the law. By painting over the reflector, your only options will be to replace the headlight bucket or place additional reflectors on the front / side of your vehicle to meet the legal requirements.

At least if you use the stick-on lens tint kits, you can always just peel them off if you get a ticket for this illegal modification.
I doubt anyone would even pick up on that....

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Op, theres four pages to this thread and lots of compliments, do you got a video of YOUR lights in action?. I'd just like to see em is all..
Here's a link to a quick video I just shot. Disregard my dirty ass light. They need cleaned.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks so cool..gotta do that mod and possibly do halo's at same time..gowdang!!

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I am on Day 2 of this DIY. Day one took about 6 hours from tear down of front bumper to having both headlights split and painted. This DIY is as much as a pain in the ass as doing a header job with the motor mounts still intact.
image.jpg

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I opted to keep the Amber Sidemarkers to stay legal and it doesn't look too bad.
image.jpg

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Man, that looks fantastic but I just don't have the time or desire to really tear apart the headlamps like that. Good on y'all for doing it, but I'll just live with mine.

Looks like a couple folks are in my neck of the woods; though; I'll honk if I see you on the street!

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
Grabberblue- I agree , I really just hate the chrome it just looks so cheesy
Sponsored