Sponsored

Euro taillight plug and play modification USA

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
First off, this isn't a place for people to come in and voice how ugly the clear tails are...

As the title states, this will be a walk through on how to modify the euro clear tails to plug right into the American car.

Simple process. Doesn't really need a write up, but I know some people were asking.

To remove your red tails, you just take off the 3 10mm bolts behind the carpet, and then one clip from the outside in the corner by the bumper and black plastic.

1) open up the rear screw on cap on the back of the taillight.

The wires will still be connected inside there.

2) follow the wires in a few inches, there is a clip. (I went to harbor freight and bought a scope to assist me with looking for the clip)

The clip is very small but you simply push in the tab in the middle of it and remove the plug.
-- I'm making it sound easier then it is, it takes a good bit of time to turn your finger the right way to get the right angle, but it will come out---

Matt cut a small hole where the clip was, and removed it easier that way.

You could do it this way, and just reseal that part of the light to keep moisture out. (No need to cut it open, but it would be much faster)

This is how the harness looks, the small plug for inside the lights, and then the other end has the plug for the car harness.

-- you will repeat those steps for both sides, and also from your stock red set.

Once you have all the harnesses removed, you now need to install the light harness off your red set, into the clear set.

The plug only snaps in one way. (Tab facing in towards the tails)

Once you get it clipped back in, also not too easy, but possible, you twist the cap on and you're done.

Reinstall them, plug them in, and you're good to go.

The modes will be a bit different then stock, but they still all work as the should, just not sequential!

[ame]https://vimeo.com/149358767[/ame]
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I like it, Only issue I see is the yellow indicator lights coming on everytime you hit the brakes. Would be an inspection failure here. maybe there is a fix?

Sponsored

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
That looks really nice in my opinion these look best in a gray,silver, or black car . Just needs some wheels now to be complete

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
First off, this isn't a place for people to come in and voice how ugly the clear tails are...

As the title states, this will be a walk through on how to modify the euro clear tails to plug right into the American car.

Simple process. Doesn't really need a write up, but I know some people were asking.

To remove your red tails, you just take off the 3 10mm bolts behind the carpet, and then one clip from the outside in the corner by the bumper and black plastic.

1) open up the rear screw on cap on the back of the taillight.

The wires will still be connected inside there.

2) follow the wires in a few inches, there is a clip. (I went to harbor freight and bought a scope to assist me with looking for the clip)

The clip is very small but you simply push in the tab in the middle of it and remove the plug.
-- I'm making it sound easier then it is, it takes a good bit of time to turn your finger the right way to get the right angle, but it will come out---

Matt cut a small hole where the clip was, and removed it easier that way.

You could do it this way, and just reseal that part of the light to keep moisture out. (No need to cut it open, but it would be much faster)

This is how the harness looks, the small plug for inside the lights, and then the other end has the plug for the car harness.

-- you will repeat those steps for both sides, and also from your stock red set.

Once you have all the harnesses removed, you now need to install the light harness off your red set, into the clear set.

The plug only snaps in one way. (Tab facing in towards the tails)

Once you get it clipped back in, also not too easy, but possible, you twist the cap on and you're done.

Reinstall them, plug them in, and you're good to go.

The modes will be a bit different then stock, but they still all work as the should, just not sequential!

https://vimeo.com/149358767
May I ask how you came across the Euro Tails?

Silver6Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
If you can sort out the amber corners when braking, I'd call this a win. Your ride looks dope with them and has me wondering how those would look on my Bringot Silver Metallic.

OP
OP
ohbuckeyes

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
If you can sort out the amber corners when braking, I'd call this a win. Your ride looks dope with them and has me wondering how those would look on my Bringot Silver Metallic.

Personally I love the look of the Amber corners. There's a guy in Poland who can modify the lights to fix that, but this cost me nothing to convert them.

Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Looks real good.

Very impressed.

Works well with that color of car but I have reservations it would go over as well with a red, orange, blue, yellow etc.

Congrats...

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Brilliant!

And to think that most of us here in the UK and over in Europe want the US red lights, and the sequentials even though they are illegal here in England.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Good man. With all those complaining about the clear Euro lights, which I love, its great to see someone in the States going the other way.