Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If they can't change my order, I'll decide what I want to do then. I had never heard a single person complain about Recaros until I ordered them in the Mach1, lol. At this point the GT's aren't even appealing and the GT500's are so over priced I won't entertain it.

I'm stuck with all these first world problems. Woah is me. :p
Sponsored

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
If they can't change my order, I'll decide what I want to do then. I had never heard a single person complain about Recaros until I ordered them in the Mach1, lol. At this point the GT's aren't even appealing and the GT500's are so over priced I won't entertain it.

I'm stuck with all these first world problems. Woah is me. :p
Ford Recaros are snug. I had them in my Focus ST. They’re comfortable though but I was slender enough to fit.

I didn’t order them because I’ve had bad luck with factory Recaros. The stitching in my ST’s came out after a few months. The leather started falling apart on the side bolster after 10k miles in my Subaru STi. The warrantied fix started like 3k miles later.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would have gotten Recaros as they are really comfortable but I feel jipped by losing the heated/cooled seats because of that option and you end up paying more on top of it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Recaros are snug. I had them in my Focus ST
there's at least 3 versions of Ford Recaros. The Bullitt/EB+HPP ones are almost loose IMO. The GT350/R ones are snug/tight. I suspect your Focus had the GT350 style.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Don't forget that last and this week and apparently first week of August the factory is closed.
I haven’t seen anything about the first week of august. Where’s that coming from?

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
the Sheehy dealer here did that. Ordered 5 cars, one each for their sales guys on the floor. None of them took receipt and were eventually sold to actual customers.
Spoke to my salesperson today about dealers placing orders for non-existent customers. He told me regional rep was in last week and Ford wants all retail orders to be accompanied by copies of drivers licenses.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t seen anything about the first week of august. Where’s that coming from?
My dealer told me they got this info last week. We'll see soon enough if it's true or not.

Edit: Thinking about it, it's possible they misread it and it was meant for Ford Kentucky or something. With no new news, Flat Rock should be closed only July 12th and 19th. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Perhaps, but it's not really fair to the customer. It may work under normal conditions but not in this weird market with prolonged delays. Maybe that's what they did, scraped the priorities, it would make sense. My order will take 12+ months before the car gets to me... Moving someone forwards means moving someone else backwards.
Priorities are a fucking scam. If you are taking part in it and it's not working out, I like it!

Sponsored

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
My dealer told me they got this info last week. We'll see soon enough if it's true or not.

Edit: Thinking about it, it's possible they misread it and it was meant for Ford Kentucky or something. With no new news, Flat Rock should be closed only July 12th and 19th. Fingers crossed.
Documented just July

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Ford Recaros are snug. I had them in my Focus ST. They’re comfortable though but I was slender enough to fit.

I didn’t order them because I’ve had bad luck with factory Recaros. The stitching in my ST’s came out after a few months. The leather started falling apart on the side bolster after 10k miles in my Subaru STi. The warrantied fix started like 3k miles later.
Ford leather stinks especially if it’s a daily driver, sliding in and out without literally touching the bolsters any seat will wear. I literally lift myself in and out. It’s like an event every time but mine is not a DD. Also one of the reasons I changed my new order from leather to cloth. Cloth also wears i know.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ford leather stinks especially if it’s a daily driver, sliding in and out without literally touching the bolsters any seat will wear. I literally lift myself in and out. It’s like an event every time but mine is not a DD. Also one of the reasons I changed my new order from leather to cloth. Cloth also wears i know.
Does this make you a man of the cloth?