Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 style hood for Mach 1. Has anyone done it yet?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
And mine...

1658409851628.png

Be warned though. This was almost 2.5x more expensive than it should be due to the supplier's cheap manufacturing processes and damage in transit. You are in the USA so you should be okay with shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Update: If I had to do this over I would use the Vicrez GT500 hood. The Cervini hood I didnt use, does not come with real or faux hood pins. The one I have, MP concepts, the fit is not the best (though this looks like it is a user error issue, I just notice the rubber stoppers and may add some washers on the hings). I also did not notice that the vent lays over the hood and is thin plastic, as where the real GT500 it is more flush like the Vicrez hood. I was under the impression it was the same stamp, it is not. I passed on the Vicrez hood because of the poor customer service problems with this hood you see on the internet. I believe related to the washer and damages to the hood. If anyone in the future is doing this, Id look more in-depth at the differences. Also you can easily find the real OEMs of these parts. Ive been qouted as low as $350 but due to Covid its about on par to just ordering retail with the added benefit of protection if things go sour.

Other than that the paint will soon be applied. If anyone wants before I do it the total cost from AM is $1450. Will let it go as is for $1000 + buyer pays for shipping.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
This is why in my old age of 38 i start to understand my grandfather more. So many companies that make stuff that just isn't worth the time and effort when you see the finished product. Im not touching my hood or even doing the struts cause once you start replacing stuff it just seems like life finds a way to make it just not work out quite like OEM. Don't get me wrong with Ford's quality control that may not be that much different. I love modifying cars but now a days I try to get it from the factory as close to the way i want it within the specs that are offered. Sucks cause that hood is a great look but so many bad stories across various threads. I try to keep my mods to things that ADD to the car versus full on replacements. sorry to hear.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
IMG-20220802-WA0036.jpeg
sneek peak of the Mach 500 😅. Actually came out better than I expected. Went to a good shop, match was perfect even the metallic flakes. Paint gloss is better than factory lol. They polished? the cheap feeling piece of plastic looks a lot more premium. The fit was much much better than I can do but still not perfect. May actually require fender adjustment. Plan on keeping the OG hood despite having no desire to sell this vehicle. Will wrap and replace lost vinyl. Looks good but noticed Amazon has Vizrez hoods so customer service might better through them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
IMG-20220802-WA0036.jpeg
sneek peak of the Mach 500 😅. Actually came out better than I expected. Went to a good shop, match was perfect even the metallic flakes. Paint gloss is better than factory lol. They polished? the cheap feeling piece of plastic looks a lot more premium. The fit was much much better than I can do but still not perfect. May actually require fender adjustment. Plan on keeping the OG hood despite having no desire to sell this vehicle. Will wrap and replace lost vinyl. Looks good but noticed Amazon has Vizrez hoods so customer service might better through them.
Wow, that looks incredible... I'm wanting to ditch my stock hood because I'm frustrated at the fact it's misaligned and won't work with hood struts.

Are you going to put the Mach 1 decal back on or leave it off?

Also, looks like you may just need to adjust the rubber stoppers up front on the passenger side a little and you're good. That fitment looks pretty good from that angle.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
IMG-20220802-WA0036.jpeg
It looks great, what good latches are you going to use, Quik-Latch? I like the idea of having the extra closing capability.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow, that looks incredible... I'm wanting to ditch my stock hood because I'm frustrated at the fact it's misaligned and won't work with hood struts.

Are you going to put the Mach 1 decal back on or leave it off?

Also, looks like you may just need to adjust the rubber stoppers up front on the passenger side a little and you're good. That fitment looks pretty good from that angle.
Car is being satin wrapped but ancillaries will be kept gloss (e.g. spoiler and hood scoop). Then will put back strip. Needs to be cut obviously. Debating on whether or not I need to use the OEM or that one aftermarket shop. OEM is excessively overpriced imho. Haven't had a chance to mess with those stoppers, but thanks

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Car is being satin wrapped but ancillaries will be kept gloss (e.g. spoiler and hood scoop). Then will put back strip. Needs to be cut obviously. Debating on whether or not I need to use the OEM or that one aftermarket shop. OEM is excessively overpriced imho. Haven't had a chance to mess with those stoppers, but thanks
I would go with the aftermarket first, if you like it and want to do the factory vinyl the added cost will be worth it.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It looks great, what good latches are you going to use, Quik-Latch? I like the idea of having the extra closing capability.
Good question, as far as I am aware Id have to drill into the car for proper install. For now, ill pass and just put the fake ones. Rattle is present but not much. Worst case scenario I have redline struts I haven't put in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The aftermarket one is missing the Mach 1 logo on it is the problem with those.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1