Sponsored

GT500 vs ZLE

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Internet racing... A bizarro world where racers must have heated and cooled seats to pamper their asses while at the same time are willing to endure spine compressing stiff suspensions for a fraction of a second in increased performance.:like:
Yep. So many of these types of cars will never even see the track. But there are the hardcore track guys that will.
Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Internet racing... A bizarro world where racers must have heated and cooled seats to pamper their asses while at the same time are willing to endure spine compressing stiff suspensions for a fraction of a second in increased performance.:like:
Equipt with tires that are unsafe under 40 degrees lol

A couple writers who probably have never changed oil in a car much less anything else mechanically inclined, pick one race car over the other via price and people are upset here, and on C6 they just won the Super Bowl! 1.17G is SO much better than 1.13!

Fun reads for sure, LMAO!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
your missing the point. I didnt have to make sacrifices to have a the best 4 seating car under 100k for 2020..
Im an asshole here, because im in a gt500 forum, having to listen to people tell me, whith no 1st hand experience, what the car is and isnt.

I if I wanted to hear all the great benefits about a different car, the m4/5/6, c8 or zle, guess where i would go? If i were inclined, i would be there asking questions and learning about it, not defending my purchase and why its better.

so yes, we could be friends, If the forum dedicated to the car im interested in and finally own, wasnt constanly under attack with why its not a good car, and a pos camaro or boring M5 or fictional c8 z06 are better purchases
That’s the thing though, we’ve all said we love the car etc and are even considering it in the future. I honestly have no idea why you think you or the GT500 are under attack. You have this bizarre need for the GT500 to be the greatest car ever.

There is no perfect car, all have compromises one way or another. I was really hoping the CFTP would be more hardcore and not as much of a compromise toward the DD side. I also really hope/hoped they’d offer a manual. I find it odd that Ford/FP decided to go manual only for the GT350s and DCT only for the 500s.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That’s the thing though, we’ve all said we love the car etc and are even considering it in the future. I honestly have no idea why you think you or the GT500 are under attack. You have this bizarre need for the GT500 to be the greatest car ever.

There is no perfect car, all have compromises one way or another. I was really hoping the CFTP would be more hardcore and not as much of a compromise toward the DD side. I also really hope/hoped they’d offer a manual. I find it odd that Ford/FP decided to go manual only for the GT350s and DCT only for the 500s.
The bold part is exactly how I see this thing too. There’s a bunch of awesome cars in play right now. There’s not one that runs the table in every measure, but some are bunched near the top with tenths of a second differences or hundredths of a g difference. But they all also have some areas of compromise. Pick the one that fits your needs best and drive with a smile. Trying to make the other cars seem worse doesn’t improve your favorite.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No one complains about the ride quality of the Ford GT with DSSVs. Maybe GM just tuned the DSSVs to be crazy stiff because its quicker and easier than trying to come up with a shock that does both well?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Multimatic has software modeling and actual dyno hours so they can build you whatever you want. Someone over at GM apparently went for the max track config in the requirements document.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Great comments and good debate here.

FWIW, Multimatic does not do aftermarket.Their software engineers are contracted by the builder to design/fabricate spool valve dampers for specifically targeted performance objectives.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
No one complains about the ride quality of the Ford GT with DSSVs. Maybe GM just tuned the DSSVs to be crazy stiff because its quicker and easier than trying to come up with a shock that does both well?
There isn’t nearly the number out there and the miles on them like ZLEs. It is the definition of a weekend car etc.

I’m not sure if weight comes into play also in regard to the need for added stiffness etc. I’m guessing the ZLE is a much heavier car requiring the more aggressive suspension tune. It could’ve come down to how aggressive each manufacturer wanted them as well. Pure speculation/uneducated guess on my part.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
your missing the point. I didnt have to make sacrifices to have a the best 4 seating car under 100k for 2020..
Im an asshole here, because im in a gt500 forum, having to listen to people tell me, whith no 1st hand experience, what the car is and isnt.

I if I wanted to hear all the great benefits about a different car, the m4/5/6, c8 or zle, guess where i would go? If i were inclined, i would be there asking questions and learning about it, not defending my purchase and why its better.

so yes, we could be friends, If the forum dedicated to the car im interested in and finally own, wasnt constanly under attack with why its not a good car, and a pos camaro or boring M5 or fictional c8 z06 are better purchases
Hmmm. I don’t see it that way. Nothing on the internet is personal to me. Just a discussion about cars. Comparing and contrasting all aspects of different brands is part of it. Good, bad or indifferent. I’m on other forums . Trust me there is equal amount of GT500 talk goin on there but people there defending different cars as you’d expect. Doing any half mile or mile racing in that thing? Seems like a great 1/2 mile car. I’ll be at wannagofast in Feb. Prepped 1/2 and good weather should make it interesting

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Equipt with tires that are unsafe under 40 degrees lol

A couple writers who probably have never changed oil in a car much less anything else mechanically inclined, pick one race car over the other via price and people are upset here, and on C6 they just won the Super Bowl! 1.17G is SO much better than 1.13!

Fun reads for sure, LMAO!
And YouTube is even funnier, more heated, more name-calling, etc. Why is it when you meet guys at Cars-n-Coffee, the dragstrip, auto-cross, or just a car gathering, there is no name calling and all of the other BS that takes place on the internet???

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Can we get these two head to head on a proper road course under ideal conditions and see which one is faster?

There are tracks that have perfect weather days during the winter in the south and southwest.

Maybe I need to google ZLE vs 911 GT3 RS and see the time difference since the GT500 was pretty much a dead heat against one.

Edit: I just found the video from that little known track in Germany. ZLE lost by about 20 seconds to the GT3.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there is no name calling and all of the other BS that takes place on the internet???
I'm no psychiatrist but I stayed at a Motel6 last night. I'm going to postulate that having dropped $$$$$$ on a depreciating consumer good, their motivation of said acquisition was basking in the envy of lesser peers. Or as a corollary - a means of strutting their plumage and thus social status. I mean, that's what all the gratuitous revving and tire smoking is about, right?

Last edited:

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Multimatic has software modeling and actual dyno hours so they can build you whatever you want. Someone over at GM apparently went for the max track config in the requirements document.
Exactly

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Doing any half mile or mile racing in that thing? Seems like a great 1/2 mile car. I’ll be at wannagofast in Feb. Prepped 1/2 and good weather should make it interesting
if the dates line up, feb does not, but im skeptical of that course, so even if i were available, id sit the 1st couple days out. but yes, id like to
Sponsored