GT500 Borla Atak + H Pipe

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Anybody ever have or thought about buying the Borla Atak and using an H pipe instead of the included switchfire?
Sponsored

MarquanTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marquan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I've thought about it, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding the gt500 Borla ATAK axle back or buying the catback and selling the switchfire.

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
I've thought about it, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding the gt500 Borla ATAK axle back or buying the catback and selling the switchfire.
Lmao thats my exact thought process

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, the Borla ATAK is 3" and most H-Pipes are not so you'd need to use a reducer to connect it to the ATAK. I think Corsa has the only 3" double H-Pipe.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
The Switchfire is on my short list after some exhaust work gets done down the road... Is there something wrong with it, or just a personal preference on sound? All the clips I've heard sound good to my ears!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
The Switchfire is on my short list after some exhaust work gets done down the road... Is there something wrong with it, or just a personal preference on sound? All the clips I've heard sound good to my ears!
I'm just afraid of it being raspy, I really need to hear it in person. I'm just gonna miss the deep tone of the h pipe

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just afraid of it being raspy, I really need to hear it in person. I'm just gonna miss the deep tone of the h pipe
I've also only heard it in video, and though I much prefer an H rumble to the X rasp, it's almost like having both simultaneously, kinda.

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Watch the video on how the switchfire works, its not raspy like a traditional X, I think the H pipe sounds like a motorboat, the switchfire lands right in between. I think the tone changes even more with the actual borla exhaust(for the better vs stock mufflers- I think this gives the perception of rasp with the stock mufflers). This gent has a great quality video of the standard switchfire. I do not have goods recording equipment, but I run the GT500 atak, Its fantastic.

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Well, the Borla ATAK is 3" and most H-Pipes are not so you'd need to use a reducer to connect it to the ATAK. I think Corsa has the only 3" double H-Pipe.
I have the corsa double h pipe actually haha

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the video on how the switchfire works, its not raspy like a traditional X, I think the H pipe sounds like a motorboat, the switchfire lands right in between. I think the tone changes even more with the actual borla exhaust(for the better vs stock mufflers- I think this gives the perception of rasp with the stock mufflers). This gent has a great quality video of the standard switchfire. I do not have goods recording equipment, but I run the GT500 atak, Its fantastic.

Yup, that's the video I'm talking about. Kinda has me sold!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Switchfire is not raspy. I've got it installed with Kook's Green Catted headers and it sounds incredible. Extremely loud but the good loud. I love it.
Sponsored