Gt350 or Supra

VFinatix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Therence
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I hate to ask this question. I currently own a 5.0 right now and I am wondering if I should buy the gt350 or the Supra. I’m not well versed with cars as much, for all I know is that whatever goes faster is what appeals to me but something that’s definitely hard for me to make up my mind about is “do I want a gt350 or a Supra?”. There’s a couple of things I need help with. For one, is the gt350 faster than the Supra?, for two, is the gt350 more reliable than the supra, for three, which vehicle definitely has more respect with a better reputation within the car community, for fourth, does the gt350 have an equal amount of tuning potential to be neck to neck with the Supra if not better. Those are my questions, I’m 19, I work in sales and my jobs are about 12-16 miles out from my house, I mainly work 5 days a week but I always love to treat myself to new things and this next new thing is a new car. I need help, please guide me.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
1. Likely depends where it’s being driven. Be more specific about “faster”.

2. GT350 owners will say the 350 is more reliable. Supra owners will say Supra is more reliable. Both cars (all cars) have some level of historical reliability items but generally if you take care of the car it should take care of you.

3. This question is stupid I’m not responding.

4. The GT350 is naturally aspirated where as the Supra is turbo. The Supra is going to have a lot more room for growth in terms of HP with a lot less money required. However, with enough money anything can be made fast.

5. Buy the car that YOU like, not the one with the most “street cred”….

6. Your age is irrelevant to the topic (should have left that part out) but prepare yourself for a lot of people here to tell you that at 19 you shouldn’t buy either car.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Last time I checked the commute to work is filled with speed limit signs. Doesn't really matter which one is faster since they both can do 55mph on your way to work.

I think you need to check your priorities and review how you are going to use the vehicle. If you are commuting I would say get the Supra but if you are a performance nut then get the GT350. Neither are bad choices, but I am genuinely questioning if you know what you are looking for.

Also, get a quote on insurance for both vehicles.
You might find that the cost to insure will be more than the car at your age.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have to mostly agree with what has been said. It seems as if you are asking for others to tell you which car to buy. That implies you do not know which one you like best, which would be the most important thing. I dislike the Supra for many reasons but they have incredible cred as well as tuning potential. The Shelby is an amazing car but it isn’t perfect. Either car will be amazing as long as it moves your passion meter. If not look for something else.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Both are awesome cars and as you build your car experience either will be great example of the breed. My advice is get the one that is more available since both can be difficult to source. Then, most of all, take the car to an autocross and learn how it really feels at and beyond the limit in a safe environment. These cars are too fast to really enjoy on the street, safely and legally.

The GT350 is a competitive car in the F-Street class and the Supra is competitive in B-Street. They run pretty much the same times but the Supra is lighter and smaller so it does have an advantage which is why it's in a faster class. I've driven a friend's Supra and was very impressed with the torque, the steering response and how much lighter it felt. I have trouble with the sight lines and I'm tall so although I fit, it was a little tight.

A good car to add to your list is a BMW M2 Competition, it's essentially the same car as the Supra except with better visibility. Toyota did a different engine tune and reworked the shifter on the manual and I've heard it's better but that wouldn't be a deal breaker to me. I really like the M2 also, but I truly love my GT350. It's the best car I've owned and I'm on the other end of the experience line from you.

Good luck, but please for your own safety and bank account, go discover autocross and you'll find a great community of gearheads and an environment you can safely wring out your car and be as competitive as you want. I wrecked two cars, racked up a dozen speeding tickets and had high-risk insurance until I found autocross and 30 years later I'm still hooked.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lots of good advice in here. In terms of being the more special car, that’s the GT350. The Voodoo engine, the Shelby name and not to mention it has a plethora of parts that you will only find on that car (in stock form anyway). Reliability is probably a wash. Yeah you hear about the Voodoo’s issues but every engine has them. Take care of either car and it should last a good amount of time.

You really need to drive both to determine which one is best for you, nobody else here can tell you that. And I would advise to drive as many different cars as you can before deciding. There’s a lot of cool cars out there.

I also echo some of the thoughts above regarding speed, both cars are fast, you’re not going to be able to push them on the street (nor should you try). Autocross, HPDE are great ways to really push and see what the car is capable of. Lots of great folks and threads about both types events in here as well.

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You say you have a 5.0 but your profile says ecoboost.... You realize if you have a 5.0 that you already have a car with street cred and tuning potential.... You also realize that at 19 your insurance is going to cost you as much as your car payment with one of those.. And i would be willing to guess that after a month of ownership your insurance payment will be more than your car payment after you attend your first cars and coffee...

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Just take your Ecoboost, put some GT350 badges/stripes on it, and then call it a Supra.

If you're looking for respect in the car community, the dumbs will think you have something unique and you will be their king 🤴

Problem solved 🤙

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just take your Ecoboost, put some GT350 badges/stripes on it, and then call it a Supra.

If you're looking for respect in the car community, the dumbs will think you have something unique and you will be their king 🤴

Problem solved 🤙
1 of 1 limited collector special edition 🤣

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

Problem solved 🤙
🤣

1706884962755.png