Sponsored

GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Unless PE lambda is run lean it's not hard to max the stock injectors out on E-85. At 0.88 lambda which is the leanest you should go on E-85 I'm at 92-93% IDC at 0.85 lambda I'm at 96-97% IDC at times. My LU47s will be here early next week so no more maxed injectors for me. It will give me peace of mind.
I understand what you're saying, but why would several big name tuners who are familiar with the setups and fuel systems say not required? It just doesnt add up to me. Hell, i have a set of 47s sitting at a friends house, but Lund said no need. I do plan to eventually put them in, but for the time being, i trust Lund.

To each their own man, it's your car and your tune. For the peace of mind and the minimal cost it is to acquire a set of LU47s, i cant blame you.
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I understand what you're saying, but why would several big name tuners who are familiar with the setups and fuel systems say not required? It just doesnt add up to me. Hell, i have a set of 47s sitting at a friends house, but Lund said no need. I do plan to eventually put them in, but for the time being, i trust Lund.

To each their own man, it's your car and your tune. For the peace of mind and the minimal cost it is to acquire a set of LU47s, i cant blame you.
The only way that's possible that you are not out of injector using same injectors, same fuel mass (E-85) and fuel pressure is that you are not making as much power as me or at the very least no more than me (altitude can come into play due to DA affecting cylinder airmass). I'm 99% sure Lund uses same PE lambda values as I'm using so at same power levels and DA IDC will be the same as mine. :shrug: I'm at 95-97% and it's not even cold here yet on a 30* morning I'll be over 100% and leaning out for sure.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
seems like putting in the injectors is a good idea even if its just for piece of mind. whats the best place to get the manifold nowadays?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
seems like putting in the injectors is a good idea even if its just for piece of mind. whats the best place to get the manifold nowadays?
Absolutely especially if E-85 is an option but even on 93 they are not a bad idea for any NA build that including breathing mods. Keep an eye on eBay and the classifieds on here.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Injectors are cheap. You have to pull them to swap manifolds anyways. Better safe than sorry and have the insurance for $250, and room to go up. I look back at when I first went E85 and BAMA/AED have always required an injector upgrade to 47lb, and so many people talked shit and said it wasn't necessary. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
So, to update this thread...ive since picked up hp tuners and decided to try my hand at tuning my own car (previous experience with hondas) and learned quite a bit and developed a pretty good pure 93 oct tune...

dyno results will be posted shortly

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, to update this thread...ive since picked up hp tuners and decided to try my hand at tuning my own car (previous experience with hondas) and learned quite a bit and developed a pretty good pure 93 oct tune...

dyno results will be posted shortly
Let me know if you need any help I've learned a ton on this 2016.

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Disclaimer, all of my posted dyno sheets have been in STD, to me this creates a level playing field for all runs my most recent run was actually corrected down....as promised

This was my last tune from lund (flex tune) (444.26 hp),

Mods:
GT350 IM
GT350 TB
Steeda CAI
Pypes catted Longtubes

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/sandeale/media/1221162036.jpg.html][/URL]

This was on my pure 93 tune:
Same mods as above except for my CAI:
I'm running a Roush (105mm MAF tube)/Airaid (Box and Filter) hybrid with a 4" aluminum tube from MAF to TB

This is the average of all runs (455.88 hp) with the lid still on the airaid box
Please excuse the lower tq value, I didn't notice that I didn't enable OP mode until I had already pulled off the dyno and was reviewing datalogs, so my requested VCT numbers weren't getting used until in the upper RPM range (TQ will be higher but peak HP should remain the same)

Also ignore the 437 run I forgot to turn that run off when I printed.

[/URL][/IMG]

Seeing great flow numbers and average between 30 and 31.5 degrees of advance on a .835 lambda at WOT

Driveablility is awesome.....don't take this as a knock on Lund Racing, their tune was awesome..but who can nitpick your tune and make those minor corrections better than you

This situation has also increased my relationship with my local performance shop and now I get the privilege of dynoing my own car and making adjustments as needed at a much lesser usage fee (I'm not tying up any shop personnel)

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Also, I just noticed that the scalar for HP and TQ are setup differently ( the vehicle ahead of me was a 01 lightning, lotta tq not so much on HP) so I didn't rescale them and that is the explanation for the lack of crossing at 5250 rpm.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Disclaimer, all of my posted dyno sheets have been in STD, to me this creates a level playing field for all runs my most recent run was actually corrected down....as promised

Mods:
GT350 IM
GT350 TB
Steeda CAI
Pypes catted Longtubes

I'm running a Roush (105mm MAF tube)/Airaid (Box and Filter) hybrid with a 4" aluminum tube from MAF to TB

This is the average of all runs (455.88 hp) with the lid still on the airaid box
Please excuse the lower tq value, I didn't notice that I didn't enable OP mode until I had already pulled off the dyno and was reviewing datalogs, so my requested VCT numbers weren't getting used until in the upper RPM range (TQ will be higher but peak HP should remain the same)

Seeing great flow numbers and average between 30 and 31.5 degrees of advance on a .835 lambda at WOT

Driveablility is awesome.....don't take this as a knock on Lund Racing, their tune was awesome..but who can nitpick your tune and make those minor corrections better than you

This situation has also increased my relationship with my local performance shop and now I get the privilege of dynoing my own car and making adjustments as needed at a much lesser usage fee (I'm not tying up any shop personnel)
Awesome, thanks for sharing, I'm doing the same thing next week Wednesday, plan to move the cams around and see what happens. Think my set up is similar to yours.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Mods:
GT350 IM
GT350 TB
Steeda CAI
Pypes catted Longtubes

[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome work man. :)

The 350 TB definetely loses nothing to the stock TB power or torque wise and after 6000rpm it does gain you upto 10BHP, so if you can dial it in like you have it is worth keeping.

I've got it back on my car as Lund did some further drive by wire tweaking and now when car is warm it drives really nice. :)

Its still a bugger on a cold start though, I can only think that its either running a touch rich or lean on a cold start as light to partial throttle is not so smooth, whereas WOT is fine.

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] are you running a 93 or the flex fuel tune?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] are you running a 93 or the flex fuel tune?
93 buddy, E85 is not available at the pump in the UK.

My car makes 29-30 degrees timing at WOT on UK 93 as its more like 94 as our fuel is pretty good quality and I only ever fill with Shell Vpower Nitro 99 (RON).