Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas I am getting no ELM found when trying to connect via bluetooth.

The laptop is paired though.

Ideas?
Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Fellas I am getting no ELM found when trying to connect via bluetooth.

The laptop is paired though.

Ideas?
What laptop/OS/ELM device are you running? Is the Forscan program set to auto connect?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What laptop/OS/ELM device are you running? Is the Forscan program set to auto connect?
It is.

I am using the OBDlink MX Bluetooth (Windows 10)

I have been using Macs for years. Just ran out and picked up an Acer One 10 for a few hundred bucks - this thing is a nightmare.

I noticed that the BT light never remained solid. Went from a fast blink to the slow one.

The bluetooth did say 'paired' though and asked me to verify the code.

I am going to download the OBDLink software as well right now. Forscan is set to auto.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It is.

I am using the OBDlink MX Bluetooth (Windows 10)

I have been using Macs for years. Just ran out and picked up an Acer One 10 for a few hundred bucks - this thing is a nightmare.

I noticed that the BT light never remained solid. Went from a fast blink to the slow one.

The bluetooth did say 'paired' though and asked me to verify the code.

I am going to download the OBDLink software as well right now. Forscan is set to auto.
There might be a code, I didn't need one when connecting to windows so I can't help you there. The Forscan forum is dumb, and hard to navigate. But there is a lot of info on there if you're patient and look in the right places.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. Thanks for replying though.

Strange because I can see that I am connected via bluetooth settings on com ports 15 and 16, but, the blue light still blinks. I am going to kick everything!

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
No problem. Thanks for replying though.

Strange because I can see that I am connected via bluetooth settings on com ports 15 and 16, but, the blue light still blinks. I am going to kick everything!
I am running on Windows 8 on my laptop and I had to run Forscan in compatibility mode before I got it to accept the bluetooth adapter.
The OBD MX was coming up on com ports 10 and 11 on my computer.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I just tried this out and turned off that annoying as hell double horn honk if the car is still running. That was one of the most annoying things about this car and now it's fixed!

I also turned off the seatbelt chime because that got on my nerves too. I always have my seatbelt on but I have a (bad) habit of taking it off once I get into my neighborhood. It's nice to keep everything silent now.

Now to the last thing I changed. I turned off the "enhanced" engine sounds pumped through the speakers because I thought that it was the dumbest thing in the world. Especially on a car like this. Then I went out for a drive and you know what? I felt horrible because I actually wanted it back. I guess I got too used to how it sounds with it turned on that without it, all the sound felt like they were coming from behind the car (which they obviously were). With it turned on though, the exhaust sound sort of engulfs around you. I never in my life would have thought I'd actually want that on one of my cars but damn...I actually like it. So I changed it back. :bolt:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running on Windows 8 on my laptop and I had to run Forscan in compatibility mode before I got it to accept the bluetooth adapter.
The OBD MX was coming up on com ports 10 and 11 on my computer.
And where Sir, did you find compatibility mode? haha

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it.

Thanks fellas!

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Now to the last thing I changed. I turned off the "enhanced" engine sounds pumped through the speakers because I thought that it was the dumbest thing in the world. Especially on a car like this. Then I went out for a drive and you know what? I felt horrible because I actually wanted it back. I guess I got too used to how it sounds with it turned on that without it, all the sound felt like they were coming from behind the car (which they obviously were). With it turned on though, the exhaust sound sort of engulfs around you. I never in my life would have thought I'd actually want that on one of my cars but damn...I actually like it. So I changed it back. :bolt:
I can identify with that and felt the same way. They really did do a great job of enhancing the sound.

Now you're ready for dark car mode...:ninja:

Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Really cool stuff. Should have enabled Track Key!!!!!
Ford intended GT350 to eventually support TrackKey from the get go, but enabling it probably won't work without a second strategy loaded for the active setting to reference, and I'd hate to find out the hard way what would happen if it gets confused and pukes itself.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
My guess is absolutely nothing. It needs a tune that supports it and I guarantee you they don't ship with that. This option is just holdover from the S197s.
Nope. Definitely being developed. 2 mules were built for the purpose.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Pretty sure I'm going to do the same.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Pretty sure I'm going to do the same.
Na, I don't want any artificial sounds pumped in whether it sounds better or not. That said, I rarely use the radio.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It should be something that people can easily turn on/off from a menu. But then that would draw too much attention to it being there
Sponsored