GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Also, in case I missed it, between reading this thread and the one for us 'regular' Mustangs in the DIY forum, you can go here and download your stock as-built data using your VIN.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Could be whomsoever you think did it?
Nope. Whosoever! You would say "I think he did it", not "I think him did it." I couldn't resist.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Never mind, I just went and returned it to the previous revision, so looks as before. Whomever is maintaining that spreadsheet should lock it down so loonies can't make random changes.
The roidragers know no bounds. I restricted it. Maybe they'll go back to stalking young women on Facebook now.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Happy to report after some digging on Forscan's site, I found out the problem and what I needed to download. Got the Trans sensor working and the 350R display. Couldn't turn the sound enhancement off. The Track code provided by Matt doesn't work on Tech's. It shut off my Sirius Radio haha. Anyone know the code?

If you download the latest version, visit http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340&start=40 and download the file suggested on the 3rd to last post "calibration" and put it in the Forscan file you create.

I'm using OBDlink MX and Windows 10 with bootcamp on my MacBook Pro
Those calibrations are for vehicles that use Central Configuration. Mustangs are not one of them, my Focus however is, so maybe that will help me there.

I took a total shot in the dark on what the Tech package value might be and put it in the spreadsheet if you want to try it out and let me know.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Those calibrations are for vehicles that use Central Configuration. Mustangs are not one of them, my Focus however is, so maybe that will help me there.

I took a total shot in the dark on what the Tech package value might be and put it in the spreadsheet if you want to try it out and let me know.
I read the thread again and realized this. But after I downloaded the file and implemented it, the program ran a lot faster, and worked immediately :shrug:.

I just put the new figures in and it seems to have worked. Given the fact if you enter an unrecognized code, it'll prompt a warning screen. Everything still works audio wise id say it's a valid code for 16 Tech owners. You're the man! It seems quieter, but I can't really notice a difference honestly. Seems to be less "turbulent" noise in the car now.

Last edited:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Doesn't look like you can edit anything via Forscan for Android Tablet (even the paid version).

If anyone has figured out how, please let me know and I'll get to reporting some transmission temperatures.

If not, I'll go grab a windows laptop.

Thanks guys.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Doesn't look like you can edit anything via Forscan for Android Tablet (even the paid version).

If anyone has figured out how, please let me know and I'll get to reporting some transmission temperatures.

If not, I'll go grab a windows laptop.

Thanks guys.
Sorry, you can't edit with the phone apps. You have to get the free app with the "extended license". There is a tutorial on how to get it on Forscan's website.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, you can't edit with the phone apps. You have to get the free app with the "extended license". There is a tutorial on how to get it on Forscan's website.
Thank you Sir. Looks like I just spent the $6 for no reason haha.

For those looking (I am sure it has been posted though)

The 'free' 2 month trial of extended license starts just over half way down the page here: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thank you Sir. Looks like I just spent the $6 for no reason haha.

For those looking (I am sure it has been posted though)

The 'free' 2 month trial of extended license starts just over half way down the page here: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836
I wouldn't say it's a waste. It's a cool app and you can monitor a lot whenever you want. I have an iPhone but purchased the bluetooth OBDlink MX so I can't use it with my phone :headband:. They may update the app in time to allow editing.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't say it's a waste. It's a cool app and you can monitor a lot whenever you want. I have an iPhone but purchased the bluetooth OBDlink MX so I can't use it with my phone :headband:. They may update the app in time to allow editing.
Fair enough. Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.

I am sure I'll be back with questions on Sunday/Monday when I return with a Windows lappy 486.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.

I am sure I'll be back with questions on Sunday/Monday when I return with a Windows lappy 486.
+1 for Strongbad reference.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 for Strongbad reference.
I see you also have been known to where a propella hat!
(might have dated myself, I remember when Stronbad first came out haha)
Sponsored