mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Just wondering if any one else found DTCs when they connected through Forscan?
I had DTCs in three of the modules...
Where is the best place to find info on DTCs on the web? When I search the web, seems like all that's online start with a P, forscan gave me one C, two Bs and two Us. (Apologies if this has already been posted)
P codes are mostly generic OBDII trouble codes. The DTCs are error codes from their respective CAN modules that are very specific.

The DTCs should be very well detailed by themselves if you click on them. You shouldn't need to look anything up. For example, when I hit some DTCs on my F-250, it said exactly what was wrong and places to look for fix like "Ignition Key Sensor Fault, Check for ground short between X and Y."
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I keep getting ELM connection error, I tried changing the ports, auto connection, Bluetooth connections etc... anyone else have some hints on getting Forscan to connect? I looked on there forums but haven't found anything that works yet.
1) You want everything on auto.
2) try the PC software that comes with the ODBLink MX and see if that works (it should)
3) even if it works with the ODBLink app try this: forget the bluetooth device from windows, shut down all apps, and re-parent thr device to windows (push the physical button on the ODBLink and add it in windows, then start FORScan and let it autodetect.

After struggling with the ELM connection problem for an hour last night, it was a forget/reparent that seemed to get it working. Good luck!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
P codes are mostly generic OBDII trouble codes. The DTCs are error codes from their respective CAN modules that are very specific.

The DTCs should be very well detailed by themselves if you click on them. You shouldn't need to look anything up. For example, when I hit some DTCs on my F-250, it said exactly what was wrong and places to look for fix like "Ignition Key Sensor Fault, Check for ground short between X and Y."
Thanks for the info Matt! I'll do some more digging...

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I was thinking some sort of conversion might be needed...Thanks [MENTION=8071]Madlock[/MENTION]
Just thought I'd see how any lurking social justice warriors may be biting today. ;)

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Has anyone found a way to keep the exhaust valves open all the time?

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
1) You want everything on auto.
2) try the PC software that comes with the ODBLink MX and see if that works (it should)
3) even if it works with the ODBLink app try this: forget the bluetooth device from windows, shut down all apps, and re-parent thr device to windows (push the physical button on the ODBLink and add it in windows, then start FORScan and let it autodetect.

After struggling with the ELM connection problem for an hour last night, it was a forget/reparent that seemed to get it working. Good luck!
Thanks man, I will try this again. There was no software that came with ODBlink, just the android app to download which doesn't help if you are trying to use it on a windows laptop. I got the MX B/T adapter that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can download PC software online for it if you do a little searching. That step is really just to isolate the issue to FORScan or the B/T adapter. Probably re-pairing it should get you running. Feel free to PM me if you're still having problems.

VNMSNK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Great thread and very easy to utilize. Kudos to all the trailblazers here. The F150 forum is very educational to get you started and make sure you start out by saving all of your original configurations. You only need the OBDlink software to intially pair it to your PC. Once paired, connecting to Forscan is simple.

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
I also turned off the seatbelt chime because that got on my nerves too. I always have my seatbelt on but I have a (bad) habit of taking it off once I get into my neighborhood. It's nice to keep everything silent now.

[MENTION=17837]raiderjatt02[/MENTION] where did you find the info for this? Not seeing it on any Mustang sheets. Thanks.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
@raiderjatt02 where did you find the info for this? Not seeing it on any Mustang sheets. Thanks.
The owners manual has directions for turning off the seat belt chime, doesn't take any OBD tools or software.

Sponsored

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Oh. That. I should probably read it :doh:
Lol, I wouldn't have known it either if I hadn't done it on my '14 F150 Platinum, same procedure. :headbang:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
[MENTION=17837]raiderjatt02[/MENTION] where did you find the info for this? Not seeing it on any Mustang sheets. Thanks.
It was in the first post in this thread by [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]

The owners manual has directions for turning off the seat belt chime, doesn't take any OBD tools or software.
Wait, seriously? That might have been easier but it's not as fun!

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I was thinking some sort of conversion might be needed...Thanks [MENTION=8071]Madlock[/MENTION]
Not everybody was going to get that one. ;)

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Wait, seriously? That might have been easier but it's not as fun!
btw, this can still be done in forscan if you wanted.

use the RCM module configuration (the non-asbuilt one), and you should see the beltminder driver/passenger in the list of things you can enable/disable. see my shitty attached image. (not mine, but I added the arrow)
sdasfsf.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: