Sponsored

GT Suspension Pics

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Is that what the rubber flap is for? It's only on one side not the other.
Looking at the photos again, it would appear so, in which case it will be a smaller piece that has to be loosened and dropped.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
When doing the exhaust on my 2010 I found that staggering the mid mufflers decreased hollow and drone. I think that resonator does the same thing. The path of one exhaust is different than the other this helps keep sympathetic frequencies from reinforcing one another.

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Interesting, so what is the actual purpose of the resonator box?

Is it put in place to change the sound of the exhaust like some sort of tuned exhaust device?
Or is it supposed to change the torque curve in some manner like H-pipes & X-pipes are supposed to do?
Or is it just to quiet the exhaust by acting as some sort of pre-muffler and allow the car to be quieter than it would be without the box?

By looking at the patent diagram the design looks like some sort of silencer, similar to what is utilized by firearms to lower the downstream noise level. To me it seems to be the most likely because the patent document specifically mentions "expansion chamber".

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Resonators are for sound only. The current 5.0 is very raspy and loud w/o them.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Would that resonator account for the distinct bark we heard in Goodwood when the 5.0 with the FRPP axleback was making its run? I've never heard an H or X-pipe setup sound like it before on any S197 with a Coyote. The exhaust pulses sound more... trumpet-like for lack of a better word.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Would that resonator account for the distinct bark we heard in Goodwood when the 5.0 with the FRPP axleback was making its run? I've never heard an H or X-pipe setup sound like it before on any S197 with a Coyote. The exhaust pulses sound more... trumpet-like for lack of a better word.
wait, have we confirmed the use of the FRPP axleback at goodwood? also isn't a catback?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
wait, have we confirmed the use of the FRPP axleback at goodwood? also isn't a catback?
I just went back to that CJ vid. You're correct, he said it was the FRPP catback. I just assumed it was muffler + tips. They sound a little different, but one's under load and the other is at a standstill.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Looking at the photos again, it would appear so, in which case it will be a smaller piece that has to be loosened and dropped.
That would be a lot more easy that taking that whole under shield off. It doesn't look like it would tilt down either and actually looks like it may be attached to the front splitter as well.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I just went back to that CJ vid. You're correct, he said it was the FRPP catback. I just assumed it was muffler + tips. They sound a little different, but one's under load and the other is at a standstill.
I thought so, an axleback would require a saw

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP