OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Let me know how you like Juggernaut. I've been heavily considering switching to him. My car seems to be a problem car too haha.
Had a juggernaut tune on my last GT as well. They’re pretty great from my experience. Super helpful and really accommodating to whatever was going on with the car even when adding performance mods.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Had a juggernaut tune on my last GT as well. They’re pretty great from my experience. Super helpful and really accommodating to whatever was going on with the car even when adding performance mods.
Good to hear. I switched tuners because I didn't like Lund that much but my new tuner has been really struggling to tune the car, will probably have to switch tuners unfortunately.

Only thing I don't like about Juggernaut is they don't support hptuners/rtd. It would be almost $1000 to switch to him with buying a tune and device.

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Only thing I don't like about Juggernaut is they don't support hptuners/rtd. It would be almost $1000 to switch to him with buying a tune and device.
For me I bought a JLT intake along with a custom tun and it only came out to about $550. The recent tune I just bought was about $300 since I’m gonna go the e85 route so a custom tune really wouldn’t be to bad with the x4 I don’t think.
Any thoughts on the engine shutting off after new injector tune though? Need to figure out

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
For me I bought a JLT intake along with a custom tun and it only came out to about $550. The recent tune I just bought was about $300 since I’m gonna go the e85 route so a custom tune really wouldn’t be to bad with the x4 I don’t think.
Any thoughts on the engine shutting off after new injector tune though? Need to figure out
Does it crank, start, and then shutoff? What mods are done to the car?

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
There's nothing obvious in that log aside from an odd drop out on the signal for the bank 1 O2 sensor. That could just be a logging error. It happened way before the engine died. The short term trims work now and were adding fuel showing it thought it was lean. Did you see if there is a code stored for why it won't start?

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
LiveLink Gen2 is a pretty nice program to easily view these .csv logs.
Ah thanks for the recommendation! I always forget about live link

I usually use this website: datazap.me but it was just a quick one sometimes it’s easier to throw it in excel

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Does it crank, start, and then shutoff? What mods are done to the car?
It just cranks, but doesn’t turn over. Stainless power headers, stainless power exhaust, JLT CAI, 47lb injectors.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Cranks but no start I think you mean.
Can you hear the fuel pump priming ?
Right. Just tried it again after letting it sit for a bit, it did start and just sat around 1k for a short period. Tried putting it in gear and then it shut off

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Right. Just tried it again after letting it sit for a bit, it did start and just sat around 1k for a short period. Tried putting it in gear and then it shut off
What mods are on the car?

The p008a code is for low pressure fuel system. You could probably log fuel pressure and fuel pump voltage. Do you have an aftermarket pump or voltage booster?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I find it pretty unlikely, although not impossible that a 3 year old car has a bad fuel pump. Are you sure that there isn't E85 in the tank? Upgrading the fuel injectors to 47lb isn't even necessary on the Gen3 unless you are going with some sort of forced induction, so whoever owned this car before you may have had other things going on that you are not aware of.

Lift up the back seat cushion and listen for the fuel pump operation. Get yourself a cheap fuel pressure test set from Harbor freight and verify that you have adequate pressure at the firewall connection.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Load your previous tune back up. Does the car stay running? If so, then the change they made for the LU47's is the fault. It could happen, but fuel pump going out all of a sudden with a tune change screams something not right in the tune change... but hopefully coincidence and a bad pump is your problem. Easy to check though

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Are you sure that there isn't E85 in the tank? Upgrading the fuel injectors to 47lb isn't even necessary on the Gen3 unless you are going with some sort of forced induction, so whoever owned this car before you may have had other things going on that you are not aware of.

Lift up the back seat cushion and listen for the fuel pump operation. Get yourself a cheap fuel pressure test set from Harbor freight and verify that you have adequate pressure at the firewall connection.
I think there is a little E85 in the tank. According to the tuner I don’t actually have the 47lb injectors.. I reflashed the previous tune file he gave and it’s running now.

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What mods are on the car?

The p008a code is for low pressure fuel system. You could probably log fuel pressure and fuel pump voltage. Do you have an aftermarket pump or voltage booster?
Headers exhaust intake are the ones I’m aware of. Not aware of any aftermarket pump or booster
Sponsored