Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I miss the knowledge of potency in owning and driving my 2018 GT PP1 coupe, now that I have a 2019 EcoBoost™ convertible. The three-hundred-some-odd horsepower the EB offers is more than anyone needs in anything but a racing car. Both cars invite you to engage in antisocial behavior, and there is something wrong with that. Not everyone can resist the impulse.

If you don't intend to drive the V8 on track, strip, or course, you are communicating something about yourself by choosing one. If that's OK with you, have at it.

If what you want is for observers to see you as a rational being with a sense of style, value, and self-confidence, you might want to choose otherwise.

Either car will be a joy to own and drive, but one of them is much costlier in several important dimensions.

Good luck.
Wait, what exactly are you going on about? Choosing something based on how you think others will perceive you is the exact opposite of self-confidence.
I disagree with your assertion WRT "self confidence".

Try to understand that no one can divorce themselves from the message their car choice conveys. The people whose evaluations we value notwithstanding. the information is there and influential even if the observer isn't tuned to that channel. To deny that is to deny reality.

Even before all the support for choosing the V8, I was convinced it might offer more of some things than the EcoBoos™, but my EcoBoost™ offers some things the V8 can't: I don't have to submit to the urge to modify it to fulfill my needs. If you think I should go faster and use more gasoline you're coming from an orientation I understand but reject.
Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
As they say, buy once cry once. Get the GT and dont look back.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I disagree with your assertion WRT "self confidence".

Try to understand that no one can divorce themselves from the message their car choice conveys. The people whose evaluations we value notwithstanding. the information is there and influential even if the observer isn't tuned to that channel. To deny that is to deny reality.

Even before all the support for choosing the V8, I was convinced it might offer more of some things than the EcoBoos™, but my EcoBoost™ offers some things the V8 can't: I don't have to submit to the urge to modify it to fulfill my needs. If you think I should go faster and use more gasoline you're coming from an orientation I understand but reject.
I never said anyone "should," I said people want to go faster. Then I specifically stated that if one can remove themselves from that element to want more then the ecoboost is just fine.

As for your other point; I do understand it. You seem to be mistaking the notion that not being influenced by another's perception of you as ignorance to that perception even being placed. This simply isn't true. You're correct that it's reality, but it's with every single aspect of life. From the underwear you adorn to your hairstyle, someone will judge you. That perception is subjective and varied from person to person and we, also as individuals, have no control over it. So focusing on what other's perceive is pointless and is, as I said, the exact opposite of self-confidence. To that point, the idea of "confidence" is also flawed because many try to base their confident image on how it will be perceived. A person who is genuinely self-confident will not care whether or not they're perceived as such.

So, to summarize, I'm not divorcing myself from the message my car choice conveys. I just simply don't care.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I never said anyone "should," I said people want to go faster. Then I specifically stated that if one can remove themselves from that element to want more then the ecoboost is just fine.

As for your other point; I do understand it. You seem to be mistaking the notion that not being influenced by another's perception of you as ignorance to that perception even being placed. This simply isn't true. You're correct that it's reality, but it's with every single aspect of life. From the underwear you adorn to your hairstyle, someone will judge you. That perception is subjective and varied from person to person and we, also as individuals, have no control over it. So focusing on what other's perceive is pointless and is, as I said, the exact opposite of self-confidence. To that point, the idea of "confidence" is also flawed because many try to base their confident image on how it will be perceived. A person who is genuinely self-confident will not care whether or not they're perceived as such.

So, to summarize, I'm not divorcing myself from the message my car choice conveys. I just simply don't care.
I agree with some of this except for the bolded portions. Self confidence isn't about not caring about what someone thinks of you or your abilities. That's indifference. There's a difference. Self confidence is "trusting in one's abilities, qualities, or judgement." The definition doesn't say anything about consideration of what people think of us. Indifference is not necessarily self confidence and it sounds like you are confusing the two. I'm confident in performing my job and responsibilities as a mechanical engineer, but I do want my boss, his boss, my clients, and others in my company to think I do a good job for a variety of reasons. I am confident but not indifferent.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I just bought a 2020 PP1 6MT car and before I went and drove a 2.3HiPo EB car. I loved it...the car felt significantly lighter on its feet than the GT but with 0% finance for 72 mos. I went with the GT. No replacement for displacement.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I agree with some of this except for the bolded portions. Self confidence isn't about not caring about what someone thinks of you or your abilities. That's indifference. There's a difference. Self confidence is "trusting in one's abilities, qualities, or judgement." The definition doesn't say anything about consideration of what people think of us. Indifference is not necessarily self confidence and it sounds like you are confusing the two. I'm confident in performing my job and responsibilities as a mechanical engineer, but I do want my boss, his boss, my clients, and others in my company to think I do a good job for a variety of reasons. I am confident but not indifferent.
Hmm. You're not wrong but I feel the two go hand in hand. In relation to the topic at hand, would you not say that being indifferent towards another's opinion of your choice of car is self-confidence? The indifference implies you were confident enough in your own ability to make the decision that best suited you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I went and drove a 2.3HiPo EB car. I loved it...the car felt significantly lighter on its feet than the GT
absolutely. Living with a EB on a DD or casual use basis it's more 'fun' to throw around and doing so doesn't put your liberty at risk. Trying that level of care free fun with a GT requires a much more lenient law-enforcement presence.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. You're not wrong but I feel the two go hand in hand. In relation to the topic at hand, would you not say that being indifferent towards another's opinion of your choice of car is self-confidence? The indifference implies you were confident enough in your own ability to make the decision that best suited you.
I'm feeling frustrated because I think we aren't linking across some void created by indifference toward certain global aspects of perception. We have tremendous abilities to sense, appreciate, and respond to the universe at large. All those are common. It's the level of significance that discriminates among comprehension and acceptance, and determines subsequent behaviors.

To my way of thinking, there is a serious difference between "feel" and "think". Living by one does not eliminate the influence of the other, or require acknowledgement of the existence or interplay between them.

I enjoyed, even reveled in, the V8 experiences, would not have missed them for anything (almost), but now the EcoBoost™ is most appropriate for my status. I might eventually look back at this interval as a big mistake, but at the moment I'm happy and confident to be where I am.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Using the Ecoboost as a daily driver in Australia made sense for me. I've had the car tuned to improve its overall Grand Touring character, focused on low down torque, as a poster has mentioned. I'm still way below the costs of the GT (running & maintenance) locally and maintained the relative nimbleness (remember its not just the reduced weight its where that weight is positioned) and coming up to 4 years ownership, can't imagine being without this car. The best this about ownership is the 'having' of the car - so enjoy the test drives but nothing beats having a Mustang on your driveway.

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
I started with a base Ecoboost PP manual which I kept right up until I found a good enough deal on a base GT PP manual. After having driven both EB and GT, with and without the Performance Package, plus a GT350, my opinion is...

Irrelevant.
Be honest with yourself about what you want and how you are REALLY going to use it, then get the most accurate version of what you want that you can afford.
For me the Ecoboost just didn’t provide what I wanted. The GT350 was more than I could justify spending on a “non-essential” vehicle that won’t even be driven 4-6 months out of the year. The GT PP was perfect. It’s fast, comfortable, affordable (used), and of course it just sounds right. I’ve had people of all ages and both genders stop what they’re doing and just watch me drive by. The only other vehicle I’ve owned that so many people seem to appreciate was a Jeep Wrangler.
Lol, got a Rubi here, just a GT left...
Em, GT350 IS too much for me after all. $$$

Sponsored
OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Using the Ecoboost as a daily driver in Australia made sense for me. I've had the car tuned to improve its overall Grand Touring character, focused on low down torque, as a poster has mentioned. I'm still way below the costs of the GT (running & maintenance) locally and maintained the relative nimbleness (remember its not just the reduced weight its where that weight is positioned) and coming up to 4 years ownership, can't imagine being without this car. The best this about ownership is the 'having' of the car - so enjoy the test drives but nothing beats having a Mustang on your driveway.
Yeah, every time when I look back after I park the car, I'm smiling like an idiot,,, but feel the itch isn't fully scratched partly because mine is a leased stang...

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Get rid of social distancing, and those lines are much shorter.
Seriously, I'm not trying to disregard other's safety, but wearing a mask is true ***... the virus can get into yr eye, and NY government think they did a good job controlling the virus cause we stayed home w no income and had some stupid mask on even in bed,,,
But wearing a mask at least make others feel better and I still do.
Just wish States can stop saying random craps...

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
If you're asking this question, you should probably just get a GT.

Power aspect aside, the V8 roar is probably one of the characteristics of the full mustang experience and I feel like the way you're describing the pros and cons, the ecoboost would only serve as a gateway to a GT.

For me, personally, the pros for the ecoboost outweighed the GT in terms of what I was looking for less so in a mustang and more so for a car, in general. I made a conscious to buy mine and and have had no desire to upgrade since.

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a 2018 EB Premium Auto and was quite happy with it initially. Over the next year, I found I really missed the rumble of the V8 and ended up trading for a 2019 GT Premium Auto. You really need to drive the GT with the windows down and then make you choice. That V8 sound is worth every extra penny. Also, having now driven over 6000 miles with the GT, I'm averaging 22 MPG on 93 pump gas with a 70/30 city/highway mix.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Ecoboost with HPP and Handling Package/MagneRide.
That’s exactly what I ordered.

I know it is sacrilege, but I did not want the V8. I test drove a 6 speed V8 and it was a lot of fun, but I really questioned how often I would use the full 460 HP. I felt the 330 HP of the ecoboost HPP was plenty for me and I loved how it handled with the Handling Package. But then again, that is just me.

Yes, I understand nothing sounds like a V8, but I like how my HPP sounds in Sport and Track mode. I got every option you could get on a HPP except the A10 and the Recaros. (Didn't want to drive an automatic and I loved the premium seats.) But that is the best part of a Mustang. You can buy it anyway you want from a base rental version all the way up to a fire breathing GT500. I admire everyone's car I see here and love the enthusiasm everyone shows for their Mustang. I've wanted a Mustang for over 40 years, way back in college. Now I have the exact one I wanted and I could not be happier.

Order the Mustang YOU want and you can’t go wrong.
Sponsored