Sponsored

Gig’s Performance Engineering ported TB’s

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Anyone try one of these on a 15-19 GT? I know Bret Barber is popular around here. These are hand ported venturi style to 88mm and have a modified throttle shaft to remove another 4mm of material off the blade. Claim no tuning nor affect on idle rpm.

These are $289 shipped with a new take off Tb and no core required. I like the idea of keeping my stock one as a spare. I have decided to stay n/a and realize these are moot point for boosted applications.

Thoughts?
E830DFE1-6746-4E1B-8EFB-D42978D85A8C.jpeg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can't comment on the 5.0 application, but I have had no issues with the one I got from them for my 3.7. Solid and smooth work all around, mild improvement in throttle response.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Can't comment on the 5.0 application, but I have had no issues with the one I got from them for my 3.7. Solid and smooth work all around, mild improvement in throttle response.
How long have you been running one? Thanks for feedback.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you been running one? Thanks for feedback.
Since March last year, my initial impressions thread is here with some pics and feedback from others as well.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Since March last year, my initial impressions thread is here with some pics and feedback from others as well.
Right on. I know Alex F from Lund is a big fan of ported stock tb’s...lol. Not.

With a deep breathing gen3 coyote I cannot imagine there would not be gains mid to upper rpm range. Be a reasonable mod as long as drive ability is not affected. I guess I will have to be the guinea pig. Lol.

Sponsored

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
These always seemed to make a difference on every other car I have seen them for and or used them on or talked to someone who had bought something similar. Not a huge gain or difference, but something. But, would these be ok with no tune on a 18-19 with how touchy everything is though?

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
These always seemed to make a difference on every other car I have seen them for and or used them on or talked to someone who had bought something similar. Not a huge gain or difference, but something. But, would these be ok with no tune on a 18-19 with how touchy everything is though?
The ecu should compensate for any small air increase as long as the aperture around the throttle blade is not messed with. I have a message into GPE for more info. Stay tuned.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
These should have no ill effects on idle or drivability as they do not effect the relationship to the velocity or volume of air moving past the MAF sensor.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Rolling the dice! Worst case I will make a 88mm bong out of it. ;).

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Air Flow Solutions 5 axis dimpled surface finish is part of the magic that reduces surface tension resulting in increased CFM without altering the OEM throttle blade aperture.
Hand porting will never match the gains achieved by a proper CNC profile / surface finish.
It would be interesting to see the Superflow CFM curve from 0 to 100% WOT

Last edited:

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I don't have one of these but I have Brett barber ported TB on my 18. Definitely an increase in throttle response. Brett says it's an average increase of 5-8whp on a stock car. More with other supporting mods.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I don't have one of these but I have Brett barber ported TB on my 18. Definitely an increase in throttle response. Brett says it's an average increase of 5-8whp on a stock car. More with other supporting mods.
Cool. N/a every bit helps.

Gig’s is saying 80 to 88mm increase. What size is the Barber one?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Cool. N/a every bit helps.

Gig’s is saying 80 to 88mm increase. What size is the Barber one?
Technically stock, there's an increase in flow at WOT because the part holding the blade is machined

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I think it is the opening that is increased to 88mm not the blade area on the Gig’s. Right on.
Sponsored