Get a actual spare tire..

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
There is a cheaper option to the AA spare. I used a spare wheel/tire assy from a 2015 Hyundai Equus. You do have to bore the center out to get it to fit. Other than that it fits our Mustangs with Brembo brakes just fine. My setup cost me $155.00 including the cost of getting a machine shop to enlarge the hub bore. The link below is to a write-up I did for mine.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tire-assy-for-pp1-with-brembo-brakes.136568/
Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I have ordered from eBay link post by bikeman315 already. I like this more same item but cost less

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I have ordered from eBay link post by bikeman315 already. I like this more same item but cost less
That spare kit will not fit cars with Brembo brakes.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
He does not a PP car, so no Brembo’s
It's still the wrong diameter for the rear though, 25 and some odd inches whereas every factory wheel and tire combo measures around 27 inches. May cause issues with the non Torsen diff, I couldn't find out for sure.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
It's still the wrong diameter for the rear though, 25 and some odd inches whereas every factory wheel and tire combo measures around 27 inches. May cause issues with the non Torsen diff, I couldn't find out for sure.
so you are saying that would not work in the rear? I had CS, but non pp1. it's 255/40R19 all around with that CS. the ford accessories and LMR website say it will fit

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
so you are saying that would not work in the rear? I had CS, but non pp1. it's 255/40R19 all around with that CS. the ford accessories and LMR website say it will fit
It's not that it doesnt fit, it fits everywhere without the brembo brakes. But supposedly with a limited slip diff (excluding Torsen on PP cars), too much of a diameter difference on the rear axle causes accelerated wear. Just what I have read. With the Torsen you can go like 20% difference and be fine.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
It's not that it doesnt fit, it fits everywhere without the brembo brakes. But supposedly with a limited slip diff (excluding Torsen on PP cars), too much of a diameter difference on the rear axle causes accelerated wear. Just what I have read. With the Torsen you can go like 20% difference and be fine.
so the one from automotive authority kit is better?
I don't know if I can cancel my order now.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
so the one from automotive authority kit is better?
I don't know if I can cancel my order now.
It is, but it's also way more expensive and doesn't let the trunk floor stay perfectly flat. I wouldn't worry about it too much, its a 7% difference in diameter. Just be warned that if you do have to put it on the rear to only drive it as far as you need to get to a tire shop. You could also just swap it to the front and put a good wheel on the back and be 100% fine. I'd honestly do research on your own about it, the Trak Lok is clutch based and I'm not sure the wheel speed difference that's required to cause the clutches to engage. Different diameter means different wheel speeds, but I'm not sure how 7% different diameter translates into wheel speed and how that relates to the clutch lock up. I just know that the idea disturbed me so I went with the explorer spare, but that doesn't clear the front brakes on ANY GT, which I didn't realize.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
It is, but it's also way more expensive and doesn't let the trunk floor stay perfectly flat. I wouldn't worry about it too much, its a 7% difference in diameter. Just be warned that if you do have to put it on the rear to only drive it as far as you need to get to a tire shop. You could also just swap it to the front and put a good wheel on the back and be 100% fine. I'd honestly do research on your own about it, the Trak Lok is clutch based and I'm not sure the wheel speed difference that's required to cause the clutches to engage. Different diameter means different wheel speeds, but I'm not sure how 7% different diameter translates into wheel speed and how that relates to the clutch lock up. I just know that the idea disturbed me so I went with the explorer spare, but that doesn't clear the front brakes on ANY GT, which I didn't realize.
I would only put the spare to the front then.
thanks

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My car had the spare kit in trunk I wasn’t charged for it
Kinda nice

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is the original Ford spare. There is absolutely no issue using it on any Mustang except those with the Brembo 6 pot fronts. It is for limited use and moderate speed. The small difference in diameter is no cause for concern. I had one on my 15’ EB with 18’ and my 19’ GT/CS with 19’s. No issues. Just do not try and do a Cannonball with it.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Sold my pump kit and mini spare for a full size matching spare...no worries at all.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It is, but it's also way more expensive and doesn't let the trunk floor stay perfectly flat.
Mine lets the floor of the trunk fit flat. Took a bit of mild encouragement with the heel of my hand in a spot or two, but it did get in once I had it level.

Another option is to let a bit of air out and keep the inflator kit behind the driver's seat to top it up if needed. Certainly not going to get anybody's legs behind me, so that space is free.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I would only put the spare to the front then.
thanks
You should be fine on either axle, assuming you keep to the notification on the tire (typically 50 miles / 50 mph).

Now, if you put it on just after starting a weekend road trip to LA and back, I'd have rear differential concerns. Using it to get home after a flat on your commute would have no worries.
Sponsored