G-Loc Brakes

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Really! They didn't equal that bad before the track day though. Is it because they've been through a proper heat cycle?
I think so. At least that's what happened to me. If they're heated up real good they should squeal less but it's just the nature of pads like that.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Please don't ask me to give a logical explanation, but what helped me reduce the noise was to take the pads out, clean and re-grease everything including back of the pads where pistons touch it, both fronts and rears. But at this point you might as well just put the compatible street pads in. Plus, I am too lazy, so I've decided that I just DGAF 😄 . Windows up and exhaust in track mode solves the issue for me.

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Another Update!

After a couple more days of driving the squealing has gone down quite a bit. I'm wondering if the part of the pad that got super hot just needed to wear down, but noise is back to the normal level! :like:

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Another Update!

After a couple more days of driving the squealing has gone down quite a bit. I'm wondering if the part of the pad that got super hot just needed to wear down, but noise is back to the normal level! :like:
I run the titanium shims from op. I think it helps quiet them down. They’ll get noisy, then settle down. They’ll stick to the rotors when parked overnight after rain. You take the good with the bad. I daily on R18/R12

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Another Update!

Track pads squeal when in operating temperature range this is to let the driver know that the pads are ready to be pushed. Don't say I didn't warn you about that like 4 pages before ;) You will get used to the noise after a while but no they don't stop squealing.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Track pads squeal when in operating temperature range this is to let the driver know that the pads are ready to be pushed. Don't say I didn't warn you about that like 4 pages before ;) You will get used to the noise after a while but no they don't stop squealing.
Pads make noise when they are not in their optimal range typically. If they make noise they are usually cold, but sometimes can be over the limit.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pads make noise when they are not in their optimal range typically. If they make noise they are usually cold, but sometimes can be over the limit.
At least with the GLoc's it looks to be the other way around they are noise free when cold but ones they get up to temp they start squiking like crazy.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
At least with the GLoc's it looks to be the other way around they are noise free when cold but ones they get up to temp they start squiking like crazy.
Not my experience with the many sets I’ve run on multiple car platforms. All pad compounds of Gloc make zero noise on track for me it’s only when using them as not intended on street they squeal and grind

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not my experience with the many sets I’ve run on multiple car platforms. All pad compounds of Gloc make zero noise on track for me it’s only when using them as not intended on street they squeal and grind
Mine sure squeal on the track as well after a few laps when pushed hard then they stop working all together and I get the dreaded hard brake pedal. Might be me running them out of temp range that is causing the squeak but my understanding is that the squeak is they getting up to temp because when I first leave the garage they are not squeaking until a few brakes in and car up to temp.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mine sure squeal on the track as well after a few laps when pushed hard then they stop working all together and I get the dreaded hard brake pedal. Might be me running them out of temp range that is causing the squeak but my understanding is that the squeak is they getting up to temp because when I first leave the garage they are not squeaking until a few brakes in and car up to temp.
Temperature Paint on the Rotor is the only way to tell.

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p42...ake_Rotor_Temperature_Indicating_Paint.html#/

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I actually have a bottle of this in the garage though never used it. And it looks like it's 2-3 years old and will probably not work.
Shake it up and test it out. It's really the only accurate way to monitor rotor surface temperatures (as close as possible without embedding thermals at or near the surface of the rotor)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Really! They didn't equal that bad before the track day though. Is it because they've been through a proper heat cycle?
Its in their description to expect noise, and usually they do. I hope you weren’t expecting something else.

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Its in their description to expect noise, and usually they do. I hope you weren’t expecting something else.
I was expecting noise, and they did when I first got them. Totally expected and acceptable. The noise however, rose like 10 levels to sounding louder than a freight train after the first track day. The change in noise level is what bothered me. I thought I may have glazed them or something. But not they they are quite again I am not worried at all!

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
This is my experience as well with the R10/R8 combo!
Sponsored